The Rant About Work/School/Life Thread [NO POLITICS]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thelbert, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Sorry to bust your "proven" "healthier", but you're assuming WAYYYYYYYY to much with basically every thing you said above save your personal experiences. I said exactly what I said. Don't marry people that you don't have things in common with. I said nothing about not arguing, not fighting, or whatever you're on about later in your statement.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

This is exactly why you should always get a prenup- because you never know what'll happen.

I love my wife, she's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, but I got a prenup anyway, because as wonderful as things might be: You never know what might happen.

All my assets and investments are protected, so if she tries to divorce and rob me: Not happening-and she knows that. No tricks, no games, no bullshit.

And my retirement plan's very simple: buy a beach house, fill it with grass, and spend my days high as hell, building sand castles, and laughing my ass off. That's my retirement plan- I have no desire to do anything else.

Whether she's there or not: I'm fine. And I've told her that. You only get 1 life- that's it- and I'm gonna spend my life HAPPY, I'm not putting up with anyone else's bullshit, life's too short for that- so she can either stay or leave- either way: I'm sticking to my retirement plan.

And because life is so short, that's why I support divorce 100%- because I know too many couples in failed marriages, and there is no way in Hell I'm ending up that way. I don't care about religion, I don't care about what the neighbors, community, or our families think, I don't care about what anyone says- if I don't like it: I'm out. It's my life dammit, and I won't spend it miserable- f--- that.

"Well she's a person too- she has needs, rights, and opinions- you should let her direct things a little bit too- it's not fair for you to completely control everything- that's unequal."- You're absolutely right about that, and I do- but if you make my life a living hell on a regular basis: I'm not spending the next 40-50 years putting up with that horse shit. I'm gonna get out. I'm nobody's bitch, I'm nobody's slave, I'm nobody's servant, I direct my own ship and sail wherever the f--- I choose- I will NOT let anyone ruin my life. NOBODY.

Love her, love her, love her...I do...I really do- but I made my terms clear when we got engaged, I told her how I felt, I told her my retirement plans, I didn't leave a single detail out- she's heard ALL of this- so she knows I'm serious, she knows I'm not fooling around, and she STILL married me- so my guess is: She has no intention of making my life a big, fat, miserable pain in the ass- because if she does, she knows exactly what's coming- she's been warned. I've got papers on the table, lawyers lined up, and plenty of money of pay for it all- I'm not f---ing around- my ass is covered. LOL

1 way or another: I'm gonna live a happy life- and if she wants to join me: Fine- but if not: Also fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:

Nahhhhhh, MP Soundwave was super easy to get. Why, look at how many this fine fellow was able to buy to resell at massive markup:

sw1.JPG
    sw2.JPG

:p 

(No, that absolutely isn't me. I bought one MP SW for my shelf. These pics were from a scalper's ad at the time.)

4. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    God, that is bad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

:eek: :mad: 

6. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I wonder how many he still has left, especially with Soundwave being reissued and KO'd :p 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    All depends on how much people want the box with the silver logo on it, since the original MP Soundwave was part of the "X of 30" thing that was kinda bullshit dickery on Hasbro's part by the end.

8. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Yeah, but honestly, I care more about the figure itself than the box. I've only kept the Takara boxes.

9. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I can respect that. You may find that by narrowing your search like that, the likelihood of finding someone compatible is very slim.

My wife and I don't have very much in common. She's Asian from China, a meek, shy 'lil girl that's 5 foot nothing and I'm African-American, 6'3" that looks like a linebacker or quite possibly, her bodyguard. We liked each other in College and things just clicked even though our personalities are polar opposites. We've been married for almost 7 years and together for 14 years. One of the keys to our longevity was respecting each other's interests and not trying to mold each other into something we're not.

Additionally, we don't fight much, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there's no passion. I have a friend that fights with his wife all the time, and I mean embarrassing, swearing and shouting matches in public, but that seems to work for them. Personally, I couldn't let anyone disrespect me like that, but the point is, everyone is different and what works for one person won't necessarily vibe with another.

This has been a good relationship/friendship discussion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Color me racist, but I assumed you were a fellow Latino. Shows what I know.

Has no one ever seen a fight over Hot-wheels toys? I've heard that's a pretty common occurrence.

11. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

People usually think I'm a short, white guy. LOL

I used to collect Hot Wheels back in the late 90's (and still have all my Treasure Hunts) and people getting in shouting matches was very common.

Funny story- One collector was sick of Target employees lying to him about not having Hot wheels, so he put on a red shirt and tan khakis and went into the stock room and had a field day. For weeks, he was going through boxes and snagging all the Treasure Hunts. One day, he hit the mother load and had about 15 Treasure hunts in hand... but then, a manager caught him. He was kicked out of the store and permanently banned. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Starfire22

News Credits:
    Holy crap, that is ballsy.

13. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Ok. Do you like purple? Indigo? How's about fuscia? Hot pink?

Personally? No. But I was threatened with an ass kicking when I found a treasure hunt and the other guy didn't. When I said "I'd like to see that happen" about an inch from his face, he walked away real fast. It was funny :lol  People all willing to throw down over a $0.97 toy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You might have misread my post...I was being sarcastic when I mentioned divorce.

A prenup? Nah, man, we're good.

But hey, whatever works for you.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  15. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you- that's the perfect expectation to have for your marriage- the perfect way to handle it- and I'm sure everyone has that exact same picture for themselves- but just because you feel that way, see it that way, and hope it proceeds that way: That doesn't mean it will.

People change, relationships change, trust changes- change can happen to anyone at any point in time for any reason- there's nothing preventing you or your spouse or your relationship from changing- that's just how it goes- you hope for shit, but that doesn't mean it'll proceed that way.

But that's why I think the prenup was invented- because somebody thought, "I f-ing love this person, I do- they're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me, and I'd love to spend my life with them- but hey: I have no idea where I'll be in 5-10 years, and i have no idea where we'll be as a couple in 5-10 years either- so just in case things go bad: I'll forge a little preventative document to protect all my shit." LOL

And I don't think that means you don't trust them, all it means is that you have no idea where you'll be individually, or together, in the future- and no matter what happens: Your personal foundation won't be destroyed. You're securing a restart button for yourself- and that, to me, doesn't mean you don't trust them- what it means is: You're smart.

And believe me: When I brought up the prenup, she was mad. Not surprised that she was, but still it was like: Babe, I'm not f---ing stupid...I love you, I do, I love you more than anything- but my grandfather wasn't stupid, my father isn't stupid, my cousins aren't stupid, and I'm not stupid, so I'm getting a prenup- sorry, that's just my family's way. We're not stupid.

I can't tell you how many times we had that discussion. LOL

"You don't trust me!"- oh yes I do, but I'm not stupid. That's all it means. I trust you now, I wanna trust you forever, but just in case I'm wrong- and I really hope I'm not- but just in case I am: I'm protected. I'm not having 50% of my assets (which is quite a bit) taken from me- I don't care who I'm married to- it could be you or f---ing Jessica Beil: I'd do the same thing. It's my family's way- we're not stupid people- we cover our asses- that's all there is to it.

Love love love love love love- of course that's the name of the game, it SHOULD be the main focus....but also: We're not stupid. LOL

16. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I edited/cut down my last post, because on reflection, I figured it would essentially come back to, Hey, whatever works for you, man.

To you, it's about being smart/practical, and I suspected you had family history/upbringing to back it up and that colors your view of how things should be.

To me, it's not about being smart/practical, and I have family history/upbringing to back it up (going back generations, my family hasn't needed prenups to stick together happily; same with her side).

Nothing more to say about that, really.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    This is ons of the reason I never bothered ro start collecting MPs. People are ao fucking insane about it, and then you have people like this asshat who ruin it for everyone else. The only MPs I've ever seen in the wild were YOTH Prime, Bee, and Acid Storm. I'd love to get into MPs, but I'd have to have over $1,000 just to play catch up, whether for inflation or the risk of getting one of the absurd amount of KOs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    My girlfriend brought up a prenup the other day. It does bother me that when she crossed over into the 6 figure salary bracket she would bring it up.

19. Starfire22

News Credits:
    Most people talk shit a lot, and do not back it up. Plus, you really need to rethink your priorities when you want to do that over something as insignifigant as that.

20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.