The Rant About Work/School/Life Thread [NO POLITICS]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thelbert, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I was concerned about one of my coworkers. He wanted to speak to the big boss, but he was not there. So he spoke to my boss, and later he stormed out angry, that I didn't get a chance to ask him for some files that were missing. So I asked my boss what happened and she said I shouldn't be talking about stuff that comes from her office. And on top of that I was so busy, I didn't have my letter opener, so when I was opening a envelope I ripped a cheque. I was able to fix it, but my boss made it look like I destroyed the company. So now I know tomorrow she is going to have a really long talk with me. And things were going so well with her and me for the past few weeks.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    These incidents are becoming like a weekly thing for you. I really think you should start finding a more healthy place to work.

3. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I don't think so. Last few weeks were good with her. I had no problems with her for a few weeks until now.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Having "the talk" or being made to feel like you've ruined the company over what is effectively nothing or having to walk on eggshells around your boss without knowing the reason or all the other work incidents you've had every couple of weeks is WAY too often.

5. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, it really pisses me off when someone seeks you out to be a part of their life and out of the blue just cuts off all communication with no explanation. At least have the decency to say you don't want to talk anymore. Guess it serves me right for letting someone from my father's side of the family back into my life.

6. Sylent

Sylent Haslab Unicron: 8,000+ backers - 0 days remaining

With all due respect, it sounds like you're in denial about being in a crappy situation. Your boss sounds like an emotional, ticking time bomb, just waiting to explode for the most miniscule reasons, and that's not conducive to a healthy working environment.

Also, you sound like my wife, who refuses to look for another job, yet complains endlessly about how shitty it is. I start rolling my eyes whenever she complains about her job because she doesn't do anything about it. Then, she complained about not being able to update her resume on her iPad, so I bought her a brand new laptop and she hasn't used it once to do so.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    So understand this... every stinkin' year, I battle carpenter bees, yellow jackets, wasps.... gets old.... especially the getting stung part.

Plus the damage the carpenter bees do to the house, deck, etc.

8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Not looking forward to April 1st.

Why? Because whatever Youtube has in store, I will take it literaly.

9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Then don't? It's just a joke man. Besides, last year it was asking you if you typed Darude Sandstorm.

10. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Noting happened with me and my boss today, she was very happy with all the work I did and the confidence I had to all the tasks today. But I am ranting about my coworker calling in sick again. She calls in sick at least twice to thrice a month. One of my other coworkers told me she has been calling in sick once a week ever since she started working here 5 years ago.

11. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Seriously! Freaking Dramalert aka "Killer Keemstar" uploaded a video that got me excited for a few things and it was a joke!

12. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

I cannot stand online job applications.

13. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Google, yeah great search help. I want to make a Youtube channel so I can do Transformer reviews, Top Tens related to Transformers & Anime, and maybe Movie Reviews. I tried Google to try and figure out what kind of Equipment to use but did Google search help? Nooooooooo. Well I give up, I want to make a Youtube channel but can't figure it out, I. Give. Up. Like usual.

And now I'm depressed, f***!

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    April 1st, so far nothing happened, yet

15. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

You're giving up after one failed Google search? Try searching that on youtube itself, I've noticed that a lot of youtubers are willing to talk about what kind of equipment they use for their videos. Some of them, might even show you. Don't give up, man! Keep trying, you can live the dream!

16. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    I've done the research and I've watched videos but between the millions of options given for equipment and then looking at the prices for things like a camera, lighting, a mic, etc its just not financially possible for me to start a youtube channel.

17. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    This is where you get creative then, and experiment with what you *do* have. You want to be a writer...do videos where you read your stories with a static picture (or several) related to your story. You wouldn't need a camera then, just a mic and pictures (could even be stock images) and some basic video editing software. It would be a lot more interesting than yet another channel of toy and movie reviews.

--Moony

18. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    No disrespect to you buts what's wrong if he wants to do reviews? Or better, what's wrong with all the review channels?

19. JaZzPrImE74

News Credits:
    PMed you with some tips! :) 

20. Starscream 91

News Credits:
    I want to do something related to Transformers, I don't really see any Transformer related top tens like you do with Pokemon. Plus by doing reviews I feel I can use my vass Transformer knowledge in an entertaining way.

Thanks JazzPrime for the tips, after some video watching I have an idea/plan now. Just hope I can get a job at Krogers and put that money towards the equipment I need to complete my vision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.