The Rant About Work/School/Life Thread [NO POLITICS]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thelbert, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 screaming internally

My dad broke my nose and bit me, after trying to attack my Girlfriend. His reasoning was that the stove was dirty, and the most logical way to respond was with violence.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Call the cops.

3. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 screaming internally

I already did, and they told me that since I was on his property, even though I pay rent, that they wouldn't arrest him.. They even threatened to arrest my GF if I did not drop the charges. According to a friends stepfather, I have grounds for a criminal negligence lawsuit.

4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She seemed nice enough at first, but I honestly have no idea why he's still with her. From what I gather, all his friends are doing what me & my sisters are doing- trying our best to tolerate her, cuz apparently this is the woman he's decided to be with for all the rest of his days (they remind us every time we go visit that they're going to be together forever). But whenever he goes over to his friends' place, they move her into the garage to watch the game, because she is so loud, that she will drown out an entire crowd & the tv. They've even told him straight up not to marry her (he has a habit of rushing in, having been married 3 times already & having at least a couple other women that he proposed to but never married).

And you're right- she's not the typical gold digger, because she does go out & work. She's a flagger & makes decent money & loves to brag about how much more she makes than me or whoever. Like, I'm in management, & it tickles her to no end that she makes more with her simple flagging job.

She's also not lazy, I'll give her that. She's constantly got projects going on around the house. They're always working on something, though I did find it interesting that she claimed credit for doing most of the work.

They tell us about the awesome life insurance policies they've both taken out all the time & are always going on about how none of us will have to worry about paying off the house when they're gone. Like, mentioning it once is fine. But this seems like a constant thing, like they're always telling us how big their life insurance policies are. It's to the point, that I feel like I'm watching the early stages of an ep on Criminal Investigation.

Oh I can't believe I forgot to mention! When we gave him the movie tickets, she started going on how they never have time for the movies. Not even on the weekends when they both have the entire weekend off. Nope, the weekend is for projects around the house! But the moment he joked about taking me to the movie instead, suddenly she had LOTS of time for the movies!

I've honestly gotten to the point where I don't even want to see her anymore. Whenever we leave after a visit, I never feel like I've gotten to actually visit my dad anyway. She dominates the conversation so much, that he winds up sitting there quietly more often than not. I told my sisters that, and they both agreed too. Be better just to meet him on his own somewhere.

5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy shit, yeah. I'd say so.

6. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Where do you live? Is there anything you aren't telling us? I find it very hard to believe the police would react that way to a situation where two very visible assaults have taken place.

Move out. If you are less than 18, call child protective services.

7. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

...eh? Seriously?
    So your dad tried to attack your girlfriend, broke your nose and bit you...but because you were on his property they threaten to arrest your girlfriend? Surely that can't be right and there's something else going on there, there is no logic in that.

8. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    This seems bizarre - what country/state are you in?!?

Also, your profile says you're 20: if so you need to move out ASAP.

9. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I think Easter just got ruined for me (and everyone else that's gonna be coming for Easter) because my "aunt" is coming for Easter along with her friend.

Grrrr.

10. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

That didn't go so well. I overheard some woman complaining about me to her husband. What did you expect? A tuxedo? You brought your kids to a beach. :( 

I'll try the canal next time. It's so hard to get out and enjoy the scenery AND away from people.

11. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Guess what now? the neighbors (the trashy ones)

One of their cars are parked on our property (they got PLENTY of space to park some where else but noooooooooo they had to park on our property!)

They will not shut up, their dogs will not shut up, their piece of crap grill is making some much smoke I swear a bird will die if one flies by, and my ocd is off the charts!

EDIT: Everything is good now.

12. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:

13. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    My mom was gardening today, put her hand in some compost we'd bought, and got stung by a queen hornet.
    The hornet actually STUCK in her finger and was dangling off her finger. Like, the little beastie waited to retract it's stinger.
    She's allergic but she used an epipen and she's fine after going to the ER.

I do not like hornets. Or wasps. Or yellow jackets. Or carpenter bees.

In fact, I get a tennis racket and bat carpenter bees. They're uppidy little things that divebomb you just for walked out the door.

14. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

My state is barbaric sometimes. They recently overturned the 45 year old law about dyeing animals.

Poor baby chicks. :( 

15. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Man, sucks eating when the nerves to most of your tastebuds have suddenly died. Everything tastes blah and kind of slimy. And then there will be the pain when they equally suddenly grow back.

--Moony

16. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Its the end of the weekend and now its back to same old repetitive week of stressful, depressing, and boring classes then to come home late in the day and repeat the same thing day after day.

17. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    If you're not convinced it'll be worth it in the end, break the cycle, drop out, and do something different with your life.

18. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I've thought about it bur haven't decided yet. I have a back up plan though if I decide to though.

19. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    The longer it takes for you to decide, the longer you'll be in this miserable situation that you have expressed great frustration with on a number of occasions.

20. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Not to sound too paranoid, but I ask that anyone who still has crap to say about me will limit their comments to me only. I'm toughened up over the years to take it. Not everyone else is. My dysfunction was and is what it is. So leave others out of the conversation if you feel the need to talk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.