The Rant About Work/School/Life Thread [NO POLITICS]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thelbert, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallout

Fallout call me alabama i'm a seminole prize

News Credits:
    Instagram:

i used to want to confront shoplifters too but now that my job requires me to travel to different stores, some of which are on worse parts of town... i really don't care anymore. yeah, steal beer, kinda stupid, but it's your ass. who cares. if you steal food, especially stuff like sandwiches or something necessary then you probably need it more than anything. not everybody has malicious intent but some people just need help surviving. besides, a civilian guy stealing $10 of food is a lot less of a problem than a corporate pig stealing billions from gen pop.

it's why i hate throwing away stales at work and go out of my way to take them with me. our company donates them to the homeless but only if we get it out in time and if we don't i take what i can and give it to people myself.

2. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Now I can't get that song out of my head...

3. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    IHop. I just learned that they're open 24/7. Anyways, Me, my sister, and my cousin went there of all places at 11:00 PM to get some food. There was like no one there and it seemed so boring for the co. workers. Last night my sister went there with my cousin, without me, and there was this one dude who was there again tonight. Man I felt bad for him, so after we were done eating our food I gave him a $10 tip and my sister gave an extra $2 'cause we felt so bad for him. (Plus he was an awesome waiter)

I think that IHop should close at at least 10 PM and open at 9 Am instead of being open 24/7 'cause that's just ridiculous.

4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Hah! That was a good one! :lol 

5. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

Wretched, ungrateful customers. This lady stopped me and my fellow sweeper (we tag team, one with a small broom to pull stuff out and the other with the big broom to sweep up what was pulled out) were stopped by a lady asking if there was anymore of a certain item for after the was only one left on the shelf and it was a buy one get one deal. My fellow sweeper decided to stop what we doing and help her instead of getting another worker to help her (always a risk as we are on a schedule at night).

So I stayed there with the brooms and leveled that aisle while waiting for her to return. The lady meanwhile had gone back to shopping. 20 minutes later my co-worker returns with the original item and the extra she found in the back. I asked "What happened?"

She replied "I had to go around to two different stock guys in the back to find someone to help me. And then when I went up to the lady with the items, she said she didn't want them anymore. So I wasted all that time for nothing!"

That's just wrong man... we ended up doing a pretty sloppy job sweeping as we were almost running to get it done now that 20 of our 45 minutes had been used up helping this woman.

6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    No, seriously.

Sometimes it feels like the only purpose I have to live is to eventually find someone else I can spend my life with, but I'm just 18 and graduating High School in a small town I am desperately wanting to leave. I do believe that I have at least loved one person before, but I know that anything I may want because of how I feel will be hindered by the fact I must go a different path then them, even if there was reciprocation of the emotions I feel. The fact that this bothers me so much also bothers me. I feel I am capable of so much more. I want to make the best I can of my life and do something I love for a living but I fear that my ability may just strip doen to chance. I want to be finanncially secure to the point I can continue to collect, but I can't just do whatever job that allows that. I need to do something that satisfies me, ontop of allowing me the ability to do what I love and find someone to love.

Between work and school, I am always busy and don't even get much sleep. Plus all the stuff I have to do to be able to go to college is stressin me out. I just want to get into College so I can get through the hard ass classes and later take classes elsewhere for my field of interest.
    If I can't succeed in being able to get a career in something I love, and wind up being finanncially crippled because of attempting I don't really see a point in me continuing to exist. Thats fucking horrifying. Tye wrost oart is that I'm not even sure what I could make a career out of that makes me happy. There is no point in living every day in misery. Sometimes I feel like the reason I way so much into the concept of finding a significant othrr is because it's the only thing I know I could be able to do, but even then I've been on this planet 18 years and I have not found a single soul that has every in any form found me in way more then just another person that is there. People often tell me I am a great friend, and I strive to be the best I can be, but I am lonely. No one is like me, not in the ways that actually matter. I just wish I was special to one person, that there was someone who actually meant all the praise people give me and thought I was important in some way. I guess I just have the problem of needing to make something of myself because I feel insignificant. I just want to be happy. I want to feel happy.

I guess it's pretty hard to relate with anybody when your hobbies include robots, science, psychology and philosophy at age 18. None of my peers give a single shit about any of those. Also theres the constant fact that my parents are really never going to believe anything I say or feel. They'll read this though because they stalk me still I'm pretty sure.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:

If you're going to define the totality of your existence by whether or not you're in a relationship, that's on you.

Yes, your generation doesn't have the same financial prospects as some beforehand with respect to college education as a guarantee of a steady, remunerative career. Yes, college can be hard if you take a challenging program. Yes, feeling lonely and isolated has a pretty awful impact on someone's self-perception and self-worth.

But the thing is, being in a relationship isn't necessarily going to fix everything or even make you happy. If you want to be happy, you need to look at your problems (of which loneliness appears to be only one), and address them, or else frankly, a relationship is probably not going to do much good. You need to find an identity that extends beyond "I'm the person that <person to be defined later> loves".

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

Go to a tech college with a robotics program if your math grades are good enough.

I'm sure you'll find people who share those interests if you take classes based on those interests. Plus, science/engineering degrees are always good bets for good starting salaries in the workforce, so you should be focusing more on that. One you get a solid foundation for living and working, then you can probably think about getting on the dating scene.

But what you're doing right now? You sound desperate. And girls don't want a guy who only wants a relationship because they feel like it's some kind of purpose in life or something - a relationship needs to be more than just a one-sided fufilment.

9. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Primus Hates You

This also doesn't help you. Hobbies are just that, hobbies. They're not the basis of any sort of relationship. Shared interests can help as conversation starters but they really don't mean shit as a basis for any sort of meaningful relationship, platonic or romantic. And you're presenting this as "no one shares my hobbies" but the subtext reads more like "I'm so advanced at age 18 look at my grown up pants." People can pick up on that and your peers might be more put off by the underlying condescension than the lack of common hobbies.

10. AnnaLK

AnnaLK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My pig show for FFA is today, and my class in in a few hours. My parents can't make it because my mom has a large kidney stone, and my dad is taking her to the hospital. On top of that, my pig has decided today that she doesn't want to listen, and I can't practice or she'll get too stressed. I really want her to make the sale as the money was going to help our vacation this summer, but we have to be first or second, and, at this point, I'm not so sure we can do it.

11. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    You are doomed to fail if you think you're going to find your own happiness in other people.

12. Slingshot

Slingshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. There are many more ways to believe you have a fullfilling life than having sexual relationships.
    My rant for today is that I'm sick of people saying that they're in love with someone, because they are. You should want to choose someone who has a high IQ, strong physical build, lack of disease, etc. I don't want my children to be in poor health and have low IQ's because I didn't choose correctly.

13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Thank you all for the advice, I feel some of my post was taken in a dofferent direction then I meant it, but thats my fault I guess. I know I'm not going to find happiness in others and I know I can't base mt entire existence upon finding another. That was one of my points, that the fact I did bothered me. I know that. Thanks still.

14. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I don't know why anyone would want to be in a relationship. There are too many cons to the pros, better to live your life alone in my opinion. Once I get out of college, I'm focused on me and finding my happiness and part of that is not falling in love.

15. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So last Sunday was the first time I'd been over to my dad's since the super bowl. That's when his g/f vowed to take the baby announcement we'd given him as a x-mad present (a picture frame that had the names of all his grandkids on it) & add her name & her grandkids to it even after we told her no.

So that's the recap.

We get there on Sunday & find that the picture frame has been taken down & hidden away somewhere. Whatever. My wife & I shared a look, but we didn't say anything. It was my dad's b-day, so we weren't going to make a big fuss. Most of the visit went well, but there were a few things that just stood out.

We brought chips! To a party! His g/f instantly goes on about how he doesn't eat junk food anymore, because he's trying to lose weight. I asked "not even on his b-day?" And she said "I don't care what goddamn day it is. No more junk food."
    My sister then walked in with an Icecream cake! My dad dialed up a pizza place, but hung up midway through. A few minutes later he was like "fuck it" & dialed again & this time made a purchase. He got that pizza! He ate those chips! He drank some beer! Had 2 slices of Icecream cake! Said he hadn't had chips in months!

Also my dad is taking some swords of mine that I left in his place & mounting them on the walls of one of the bedrooms. Totally cool. I didn't have anywhere for them in our small apartment, & what he's doing with them looks cool. We're both ok with this.
    But when his g/f talks, she says "hey, you really screwed yourself out of those swords! You really screwed yourself, you know that?!"
    And I'm like "okaaaay..." My dad interjects, saying they're mine whenever I want them back, but she's insistent that I screwed myself out of ownership. Brushed it off, moved on.

We gave my dad 2 movie passes. He mentioned going to see Batman vs Superman. She pipes up right away, saying how he's not going to waste those tickets on something so stupid. My dad says "well maybe I'll take my son instead." The look on her face was of total shock, as though she had never considered he would ever ever take anyone else. As though he had just stolen a ticket from her & given it someone else.

Other than that, the visit was fine. But it gets better. Last night my sister drove into town & invited him out for a belated b-day dinner. He brings his g/f, of course, but that's ok. During dinner they start speculating on whether me & my wife will move back into town. We're about an hour away. His g/f says "no, he'll probably keep her away from her family, so he can control her better."
    To which my sister said "My brother's not a dick. Why would he need to control her?" She never got an answer. They just changed the topic. My dad didn't say anything on my behalf.

End of update!

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

She sounds like a gold digger, frankly.

As for my end, well, only just learned my only local comic shop has closed for good. Hadn't been back in a while but the proprietor was a really cool guy and I'd been meaning to visit this weekend now that my school load is lighter. Kinda bummed now.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  17. Fallout

Fallout call me alabama i'm a seminole prize

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    alright, dwight schrute, chill out with this. unless you're shredded as shit and went to an ivy league school, not a lot of room to talk.

18. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Lots of sex never made me feel bad about myself:lol 

Yes, you should choose wisely, but you also have to be realistic, the hottest piece of arse you ever seen and eventually marry could be harboring bad genes anyhow. Stopping nothing short of perfection will seriously diminish your chances as well. But I agree on some of the crazy folks that get "married". I wouldn't marry someone if I was all fucked up or just going to drop dead one day and knew it.

This times a gazillion million. You make you happy and no one else. Hearing that someone else makes me whole shit makes me want to puke. Yes, you can share your life with someone, but whether you are miserable or not in life is up to you. Sometimes that means letting people in, sometimes it means kicking them out.

Nothing wrong with going for the gold standard, you just can't let your goals make you miss the things in front of your nose. I had some good times in some unlikely places:thumbs2: 

19. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    She doesn't sound like a typical gold digger. What she does sound like is a super controlling bitch from which there is no escape, who also has no concept of personal decorum or respect for others. Not sure why Mako's dad is with her to be honest, but I guess he must see something in her that's allowing her to stay around as opposed to being launched to the curb by way of a minute man silo.

At the very least, it's starting to sound like Mako's dad is getting pushed closer and closer to loading her up into that silo and putting in the launch codes.

20. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

I am seriously thinking about telling my dad to F off and trying to make a fresh start somewhere else. Yes, I've tried that before. No, it didn't work. But the motivation is still there. There's got to be something more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.