The Quick Fix Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Astronopolis, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I did a little searching and couldn't find another similar thread so here goes:

This thread is a resource for quick fixes to figures that take nothing more than a few minutes to perform with minimal tools, like a screwdriver or a knife. there are always individual threads for fixes like these and i think assembling them all together in one place would be helpful to the community.

anyway, here's my contribution to get this ball rolling. First Edition Bulkhead has a pair of green flaps on his chest that fold to cover his windshield in robot mode. there are a pair of green tabs that jut from the base of the windshield, and a pair of slots on the black arms that the panels move on that line up, but don't quite fit together. take a knife and scrape a tiny amount of plastic from the upper side of the black slots, and they should pop right over the green pegs allowing for a closer fit and a less hollow appearance.

also, slightly curling his heel parts under will redistribute his weight a little bit forward, allowing for a more stable stance.

please share your quick fixes!

2. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have always just attached the black arms to the pegs before bringing the rest of his torso down (the part that becomes the stomach). It sort of hooks them in. But whatever works...
    Enjoy your Bulkhead! He is an awesome toy.

3. AndHisArmada

AndHisArmada Decepticon Saboteur

Ebay:
    The only quick fixes I've done have been repairing paintwork with paint sharpies. Solid colours look okay but its hit and miss with metallics.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I posted this thread in Toy Discussion back in May 2011:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-how-tos/400465-tools-trade-toy-maintenance.html

It was a thread I primarly targeted at collectors with little to no modding experience. I wanted it to be different from customs tutorials since most toys will need some form of simple maintenance down the road. It was subsequently moved to the Tutorials section. I have a feeling that this will be moved to said section, or merged with one of the existing threads.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    If you rotate Universe Tankor (Octane)'s shoulders to where the wheels are facing the same direction as the chest, it makes for a better proportioned bot mode.