The possible boon of Giftsets to many Action Figure toylines

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Max Tower, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wanted to discuss in general terms "Giftsets". In particular if it's a good idea, and what sort of things should be in them.

Should such sets include alternative costumes, or accessories, unique characters, or just be a straight up repack of the toys released seperately ?

Opinions welcome. & if you want to discuss what giftsets you thought worked or didn't work, which ones you liked or disliked please do.

A good example of one that was a clever idea was the Fantastic Four giftset with their Robot from the old cartoon in it.

A bad example would be the A.T.O.M. main cast giftset that missed out the only female character on the team Lioness. (despite them later remoulding or making her as a vilain - implying they'd design a figure and never released it - that giftset being the logical place to put it).

I look forward to your replies.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think giftsets are a cool idea.
    When I was a kid I bought the giftset of the Technobots.
    It was just fun.

I definitely think more companies should continue the practice.

They should definitely do some troop builder sets for things like Stormtroopers, Cobra Troopers, Sharkticons and the like.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The G1 combiner gift sets are legendary. Similarly, I hate it when they release a gift set that is just a big box with the individually packaged members inside in their regular mass retail packaging. Make it special, for crying out loud. I like the CW gift sets for the huge artwork on the boxes...if only they had a front panel that opened to reveal a window through which you could see the contents...like the UW versions. And, special little extra accessories are a nice incentive as well.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I wish Kenner had made Stormtrooper gift sets when I was a kid.