The Plastic Empire Podcast Interview with Chris Sterett of Dr. Wu

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by prime-el, Jul 9, 2016.

1. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KFC = XTB = UT = DX9 is not surprising at all

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure Collection Kingdom, SND and most of those other small companies are them too.

3. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    I posted translation of some highlights of the video over actoys and Dr.Wu replied denying association with Chris as well.

4. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

For those not understanding why one person might own a lot of 3rd etc, it's likely not that XTB & KFC are one and the same but more likely descend from the same ownership. They might have shared resources, designers etc. It's no different to GM owning multiple car brands but each brand releasing the own SUV or muscle car. All competing but the money ends up in one place.

5. Destronus

Destronus Ay up

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That moment you say "I am nether buying s KFC or XTB product again"
    Then turn to your collection and stare at the DX9 and UT stuff :lol 

6. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha. My collection is pretty pristine. I have one UT Sharky and a couple of broken KFC tapes.

Oh, I almost forgot that I also have a KFC Sencho Barbossa with a broken neck. :) 

7. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Hi Chris, i had a lot of theories and suspicions prior to listening to part one. All that did was confirm there is some weight to those suspicions.

People will react negatively, both those you knew and fans alike if it implies there are some less than fair practices. Ive had jobs where people sabatoge others in their reviews because they fear their progeession will stunt theirs. Its not hard to beleive new 3p threatens old 3p and people will get mad and desparate when newcomers try to do things differently when things have always done a certain way.

Im sure the current players in the 3p market have their own reputations and verbal agreements to keep so Im not surprised if it is dr wu denying knowing you. If its the truth then it shouldnt bug you.

Why does it matter to others what you say? We still buy the products. The real stop to 3p wil be greed, the end all stop to anything.

I look forward to hearing more and hope quality improves overtime. 3p is

8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I entirely believe it's possible that one or two people can own a bunch of companies as an umbrella group of sorts.

And it makes perfect sense as to why they'd make multiple versions and different price points to all of these characters being made multiple times.

I'll give an example below, but before I do, I want to make it clear I'm not saying these companies are one and the same, I'm just using them as a point of reference.

So, XTB is making an Inferno (Dante) and it's well known that XTB has a rocky reputation among the industry and collectors, so Keith using Fans Toys makes another Inferno, people love Fans Toys, so they snap it up left and right. But there are still some sitting on the sideline waiting for that one good Inferno that hasn't come yet. DX9 makes one and those sideliners finally open their wallets.

Who wins in the end of this scenario? Keith. Regardless of how much R&D was put into all of these figures, his investment is recouped and the rest is profit. Let's face it, we were told that these figures were made for cheap (which has always been hinted at before Chris confirmed it) and they sell for ridiculous amounts of money.

No company would continue doing it if they were constantly bleeding money. It sounds all well and good with the whole "We do it for the fans!" but let's face it, it takes money to make money and if you're not getting money to begin with, you can't make more of it.

Insurance coverages, all of the businesses in your pocket and everyone's buying your product... It makes absolute perfect sense as to how this could be a thing and why it's happening.

And if a company either downsizes or merges with another or even just goes under, Keith would still be making a ton of money in that scenario.

I absolutely believe Chris and it makes perfect sense that something like this would be happening behind the scenes.

It's a pretty smart idea, really. You can't go after him or them for being a monopoly because that would make their companies valid and legit in a gray area world and HasTak has to publicly decry them, and since 3rd party is already illicit in many ways, what's another offense going to add to the list, really?

9. Destronus

Destronus Ay up

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm seeing a broken relationship here :p 

10. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Chris, I believe you're real. I hope in the next broadcast you can show some very convincing proofs on camera. So I can show those Chinese fans who felt for Dr.Wu's statement and started trash talk about you. They didn't bother to watch the interview and learn who you really are. I hope than in the next show you can convince them that you're real because I do want my Chinese fellow fans to know the truth of these 3Ps.

11. Weezie

Weezie Taking a break, back soon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's very sad. Who knows why Dr. Wu is denying everything but I bet it's probably business related. Got to look out for number one. But we know this industry is no stranger to petty squabbles and backstabbing.

12. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Chris, thanks for the response... Wish you all the best!

13. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    thank you very much for your kind words, Best wishes to you and yours :) 

im not the greatest of explaining things so im sorry for being confusing luckily we have very well spoken members on TFW so if u can please refer to the quotes i have shared by "Pezley" and "TFXProtector" i feel they have done a better job of explaining than myself :) 

i will look for pics, if they didnt release any i know i have some in my phone, just got to find them, it was rad, it had a bse mode that had guns, fueling lines, mechanical repair arms, and other neat little features. of course you know the original price was not well accepted by the fandom and thats when the decission was made to release just the armor first and then the trailer later if the armor did good, and the armor would have combined with the trailer like FP CC :) 

oh yeh, i think somehow this is another misunderstanding, some companies have 5 designers, and being they are artist, most of the times designers want to do the entire project themselves and not work with others, which is coolio of course. and almost always a different company will have a different designer, at the very least to make it harder to sees similarities in the two companies. just like using a different plastic mix or program to make one companies designs look way different than anothers when in fact its the same designer in some cases or in most case different designers
    thank you for saying it better than i could :)  hope all is well with you and yours

you are very cool bro, thank you for your encouragement, advice and kind words. Best wishes to you and yours

Perfectly said, i wish i could have explained it like that, can i quote you on the next show? lol but again great explanation that describes how and why it works for "these" guys :)  you are a gentleman and a scholar my friend :)  cheers

you are so kind thank you, i really appreciate you. im trying to think of proof that is not "bad" you know like all the invoices, video conversations ( at least 30 over the years i didnt save them all ) oh how about this, how did Xaviercal a customizer on here get a botcon exclusive Dr. Wu skybreaker sword in the colors Xaviercal picked if it was not for me? i have known Xaviercal for a long time, i dont want to get him involved but he will tell you i was the one that did that for him, if i didnt have at least ties to Dr. Wu how would one explain this? but see i dont even know if thats a good way of proving. literally i have my own world with my own friends and they all know im honest so i never have my word questioned and never have to prove anything, so this is different for me, and once i have done the next show or two, made my corrections and apologies i will never do a podcast again, i dont like waking up every morning anxious about what was misunderstood that i said, or that i might have hurt or upset someone, thats just not for me i just want to talk toys freely ( everything about them ) with out repercussion, just speak my piece of mine with other like minded chaps and lases :)  thanks again for your support brotherman, again hope all is well

14. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chris you did say "Every other month" Not every month. Lazy must have been listening to a different podcast :lol 

15. Weezie

Weezie Taking a break, back soon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hoping you can tell us more about Keith aka Mr. X. One of the most mysterious individuals in 3P for sure :lol  Have you ever met him?

16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :eek: 

Thank you for the kind words, I do appreciate 'em.

And you're more than welcome to use it.

17. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    i wish now i did the podcast with a bane mask and voice translator along with an alias lol not cause im lying but because i wouldnt feel the need to explain myself and my mistakes so much and be so worried about it :)  such a fun experience has become like a trial with people who dont know me judging me, i know im dumb for not expecting it, truth is i make more mistakes than i get things right in life, its kinda why im in the position i am in. I just rely on being transparent, honest and compassionate and hope for the best u know :)  and along the way i do a live video podcast with out knowing it was live or video or un editable and being super anxious, completely unprepared and feeling the wrath of possible loss of fam and some pissed off people. chalk one up in the screw up section for me :)  we do our best right :)  best wishes bro

18. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks very much for your responses to my prior questions Chris, I appreciate it. :) 

I also wanted to say how impressed I am with you coming to these forums and providing us with some tidbits of info that have been unclear and speculated on for years, and continuing to do so even after your veracity is questioned. That says a lot about you as a person and I greatly respect that. I know you'd probably like to just throw your computer out the window, but I sincerely hope you continue to interact with us here on these threads. At least here you can choose to answer questions or not without feeling pressured and you have time to gather your thoughts.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Dude, don't sweat it...such is life on TFW. You've been around long enough to know the drill. At any rate, more people enjoyed it/appreciated it than the other way. Do your thing and don't worry about the few that want to piss in your Wheaties. It was a great listen either way, and most of us hope to hear more if you choose to do it again.

20. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Well said.

Tho I may forever pre-check my Wheaties for a specific pungent odor.