The Peanut Gallery (Size Chart Comparisons)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Master Fwiffo, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Wow! Blackout is HUGE!!!

2. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Yea, good point, I would much have rather had him leader class, or even bigger than ultimate BB!!!!!

I hope their will be at least a few more toy releases involoving him, he looks pretty awesome.

3. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I just realized how TINY Frenzy is compared to Blackout. Frenzy's practically an ant to him. Tiny, ugly-as-hell ant.

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Nice work.

I am suprised (as every one else) the size of blackout.

5. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Yea, and know that I tihnk about the size variation of him between skoronok is actually like a 4 story building to a a natural sized TV :lolol 

If I was skorps I would be very nice to black out...or he might drop'em like a bad habit :lolol 

6. darkpilatus

darkpilatus Member

Prime Size

As far as size goes i went and did a little photoshop work. He really isnt that off OP is probably between 26 and 28 feet tall. Most peterbilt rims on a model 379 peterbilt (which is what I think Optimus is), are about 24.5 inches. So I did a quick sketch. The blue/green dots are about 24 inches in diameter. So the chart isnt that off for optimus.
    [​IMG]

7. CSpuppydog

CSpuppydog Well-Known Member

Woah Jazz is tinny... and freakin Blackout is gigantic

8. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

I always thought that Starscream would be the largest Transformer in the movie since the F-22A Raptor is around 20 meters long which is around 60 feet.
    Maybe the way he transforms doesn't make him longer/taller but even shorter.
    How long is that Sikorsky helicopter afterall? I know it is a very big vehicle indeed.

They sure should make Blackout as leader class, but somehow he is Voyager class like Starscream, Ironhide and Ratchet.

I knew that Megatron would be a bit taller than Optimus. That size chart however is making Megatron look to tall.

9. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I tried the math on the first Starscream design sheet here, and I came out with Starcream being about 50 feet tall. I could easily have screwed something up, but you might want to take a look at it.

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    interesting size graph.

blackouts a huge bitch.

11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Ra88 posted this on the DM boards

12. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    I tihnk blackout might be just a littl ebit taller, but who knows.

13. rollout!

rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

If Frenzy is 5 foot in robot mode, his alt mode will be one BIG boombox!!!!

14. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

*Blackout
    Length: 88 ft (28 m)
    Empty weight: 32,000 (14,515 kg)

*Starscream
    Length: 62 ft 1 in (18.90 m)
    Empty weight: 31,670 lb (14,365 kg)

They're around the same weight but Blackout is simply more massive. Both of them seem to fold in half to transform, too.

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Blackout also has the added bonuses of launching a large chunk of his alt mode off when he transforms, as that piece becomes scorponok, as well as having some massive back kibble, having the long/thin tail and much more empty space inside his alt mode. All these things combined can explain why Blackout, who has the bigger alt mode, can stand straight up but SS needs the chicken legs.

Also, I think I'm gonna go with Ra88's 'leaked info' in terms of height relation as it seems to be more fitting to what the film was trying to achieve. I sincerely doubt Blackout will be *that* much bigger then the other bots. As well done that picture is, it's certainly not done to scale mass wise.

16. alec.zander

alec.zander Well-Known Member

Well, look at the picture again. In Blackout's bot mode the rotor head is the highest point on his body. An MH-53 has main rotor diameter of 72 feet, so halving that gives the length of a rotor to be about 36 feet. Assuming the tips of those have to kept off the ground, Blackout's height at the rot0r head must about that, and probably a little less, because they're probably held an angle to the ground, and may even fold on themselves.

[Decepticons for Life!!!]

17. Boolatron

Boolatron Leader of the Boolacons

Sorry to be Johnny-come-lately...

Being a Naval Aviation Structural Mechanic (Read: Airframer) and working with the MH-53 Sea Stallion that is Blackout's alt mode, I can tell you this... those birds are GINORMOUS!

in fact they are the largest Helo in the US inventory. they are 88Ft in Length with a Rotor arc of 73 Ft making them a ground total of over 100Ft long. These helicopters can carry 16 tons of supplies, cargo, vehicles, artillery, and troops for 500 nautical miles at speeds of over 170 knots...

Basically, these are bad Mama-jammas! a lot bigger than a F22 by any shot.

18. Boolatron

The Rotors do tend to flex toward the ground, but not all that much, maybe a 3 foot drop all together. The hight of the main rotor on a 53 is about 20 feet from the deck, and they are equipped with automatic hydraulic bladefold systems for storage either on ship or in a hangar.

Being a "Rotorhead" myself, i cant wait to see him in action. He may just turn out to be my favorite (Except for prime, cuz Prime is "the Boss")

19. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great stats-I used to be a Structural Mechanic (GRUMMAN EA6B) when i was in the NAVY,so if anyone knows the actual size it would be you.

20. Boolatron

Here are some pics for Size Reference I found. Here is an H-53 hooking up to life an F-15 Eagle (as you may remember, is Starscreams Original Alt mode)

[​IMG]

Here are a few from my old Sister Squadron, HM-14,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see the force, and the guy in the forground of the last pic (the Plane Captain, as t hey are called in the Navy) is being treated to hurricane force rotor wash from these monsters... brutal machines, and a great choice for a decepticon..IMHO