The Original Thirteen

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by tf_4_lyf, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only when that canon allows it.

The whole multiverse thing is a shoe-in and stupid. Unless a Universe explicitly states that it follows those guidelines it doesn't apply. See: Animated.

2. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Thats crazy talk! They changed it again!? *sigh, but yeah what Tiller said. Cool concept but now I just have a headache thinking about how that all works LOL!

3. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Or how 'bout 'Gandalf Prime'? :D 

If he ever appears on the show, it'd be awesome if Ian McKellan voiced him. They got John Noble/Denethor to be Unicron, so why not.

And while I'm on a LOTR theme, who thinks it'd be cool to give Megatronus/the Fallen some Sauron influences?

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Where's Vector Prime ?

5. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    No one knows exactly, it's all just educated guesswork at this point, refer to the post 2 pages before for the guesses with the image.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Could nine be Nexus Prime as it's got wings ?

Though the one that closely resembles Soundwave look a lot like him too.

Surely the one thing all of the version of the fallen have in common is that comic or movie they both have a head and face shapped like the Decepticon logo (as does G1 Soundwave)

So do any of them look like they have a Decepticon logo for a head ? or is his head like Megatron's until he's actually Fallen ?

7. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

They have also said that only seven of The Thirteen have Prime in their name.

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, though I suspect that even though the 'Prime' part of their name is omitted they're still considered part of the orginal Primes. After all, aren't they still 2 of the original leaders of Cybertron.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The concept of the original 13 Transformers was first introduced in the War Within comics. I don't know a whole lot about that continuity except that it's meant to be a prequel to G1. Alpha Trion in the cartoon I believe said that he could function as a key to Vector Sigma because he was one of the original Transformers so I guess in that sense the original 13 of that continuity are not all Primes. If I'm wrong on that it's because I haven't read the comics so I don't know exactly where it's really meant to fit into the continuity, I'm just going by what I've read online from the wiki and from other fans who may be giving me the wrong information.

As far as the movie continuity goes there is no original 13. There is only the original 7 Primes. There aren't 6 other original transformers running around some where, they were never mentioned in the movies so they don't exist.

In Transformers Prime Optimus intoduced the original 13 as "The original 13 Primes" not "The original 13 Transformers" which means because he said "Primes" not just "Transformers" all 13 of them have to be Primes. It's not just 7 of them who are Primes, all 13 are Primes.

Whatever you think you know about the original 13 is wrong because you're trying to lump 3 entirely different continuities into one continuity. They are different characters who may or may not have the same names as previous "original transformers" but they are still separate characters.

Think about it, how can the Fallen exist in 3 different continuities as the same character with 3 different designs and get killed twice? He can't, there's no explanation for his form to change between the comics, the movies, and Prime and I do believe he was killed in the comics before even appearing in the movie and being killed again. Newer Transformers can scan new alt modes at will but The Fallen being one of the original 13 presumably doesn't have access to that technology. In the G1 continuity family that technology didn't even exist for the Maximals and Predacons who got stranded on Earth. The Transformers on Cybertron such as Nightscream and apparently the Vehicons were equipped with scanners. This being the case The Fallen would not be able to change his form at will and should always appear in his original design unless given some explanation for a new form. If there even is a Fallen in Prime I believe him to be the scary looking one who has sparks coming out of his eyes in all 3 pictures.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ok, i have issues with the post above me:

1) The ruler of China wasn't mentioned in the movie, does that mean he doesn't exist? Does it mean that there's no horses in that universe? They weren't mentioned. They told the story of the Seven Primes-for all we know, back on Cybertron, the other 6 were chillin. Doesnt mean they don't exist.

2) Transformers Prime is the same continuity as Exodus, where they call him Alpha Trion. Not Alpha Prime, or Trion Prime, Alpha Trion. Thus this translates over to Prime. Not to mention the identities are not all known to Optimus-He has no idea Alpha Trion is one of the 13, so he doesn't know they weren't all Primes. Not to mention the original 13 could be called "The Original 13 Primes" yet not all be primes. It seems that Humans developed the term "Transformers" thus they can't call them that in the old days. Plus, it doesn't mean they're all Primes in name, but perhaps in spirit and function.

3) What we know isn't "wrong" it just may not be the case later. If I tell you that someone told me he is going to sit in a blue chair because he told me he would, then changes his mind and sits in a red chair, I wasn't wrong, the events changed. We know what has been revealed and are speculating on what hasn't. No one is "wrong"

4) Have you ever watched the cartoon Fairly Odd Parents, when Timmy goes into the TV? depending on what show he was on his look would change. When on the puppet channel, Timmy was a puppet. later, he would be drawn in a style similar to Dragonball Z. Different universes, different appearances. But still, the whole "Multiverse Singularity" thing isnt vital to know, and may mean different things to different people.

Perhaps it means that no matter what universe, certain things are the same. Optimus Prime may change from a leader to a n00b to a psychopath to a noble warrior. He may make mistakes, he may never have a flaw. No matter what, The Fallen betrays his bretheren. Alpha Trion is always a wise old bot.

Or it could mean that his mind passes from Universe to Universe, each time its the same conciousness but with different memories and motives. but the same thoughts and whatnot. similar drive, altered for the universe he's in. All of these explain his different appearances.

5) I can't see that being Megatronus. The smokey-eyed one appears to walk on all fours and has spindly little arms on his back. Nor does his face look like the Con Symbol. So far, we've only seen 12 different designs for the Original 13, and, based on what we were told of the 13 in other continuities, the missing one is The Fallen.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    One of the best screenshots the show has ever produced. I can't wait to finally be introduced to these guys finally.

12. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

agreed

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Different universes have different (mostly unseen) laws that all multiversal singularities have to follow (even Primus). Different appearances in different universes come about strictly due to chaotic mathematics. That's why the Prima in the Bayverse is not the same as what we're seeing in the Aligned universe, and is not the same in any of the G1 universes.

They're all the same person in the different universes, even Alpha Trion, but they have to follow the various laws of each universe. They are all the same because they're all connected and see the experiences the others are living. This Alpha Trion, compared to the Animated Alpha Trion, to the G1 Trion and even the Shattered Glass Trion can all see what all their versions of each other are doing, and they all grew up separately in their respective universes.

While they all literally have only one physical spark a piece, they're all just nodes of the one that's shared between them all into the ONE being. So even if one dies, only that version dies, and the connection to that one is cut off, but the others can experience the death of their self in a different way than we can comprehend.

Watch Jet Li's movie "The One", it talks about the multiverse. That sort of existence explains characters like Ironhide, Ratchet, Starscream, Soundwave, Megatron and Optimus: all existing without being aware of the other, but they all share a unified connection, in one form or another, but not the same. Multiversal singularities are all the same, even if different (unlike the aforementioned characters).

14. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And this is the reason why lumping everything together instead of taking things a separate will just needlessly connect everything.

15. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I've posted it there, now I'm posting it here:

My hopes are dashed for the Beast to be a Prime, and thus called ____ Primal.

My Current List:
    1. Prima
    2. Vector Prime
    3. Solus Prime
    4. The Liege Maximo
    5. Nexus Prime
    6. (The Beast?)???
    7. Alchemist Prime
    8. ???
    9. Alpha Trion
    10. (The Minicon?)???
    11. Amalgamous Prime
    12. ???
    13. Megatronus "the Fallen" Prime

16. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well we now have Seven Primes. Unless Hasbro does a further retcon. Of course its different for the Movieverse since all of them are brothers. Didn't mention a sister.

In Prime so far said the 13 are called Primes.

17. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

CloverJolt! :D 

18. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

Quad=4

Wal=wall (Dur)

WE ARE THE 4th WALL!
    Tell Shattered Glass Drift to stop breaking us. :/

19. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

One guess who Megatron got his name from. ;) 

20. sued1234

sued1234 Banned

right
    pretty much

not exactly.

In this continuity the 13 have not been mentioned....yet.

But that doesnt preclude the possibility that they exsisted in the past.

weirder things have happened

Unicron from every series is supposed to be the same character according to Hasbro.

And he had died serverl times and has had different designs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.