The Ongoing Stupid Year-round WEATHER Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 13, 2014.

1. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Had to get up early to mow the lawn in order to miss this unseasonably warm weather (didn't help. Ran out of fuel halfway through the backyard and I was just about spent from the heat of the day)
    We're most of the way through September, why the hell does it feel like goddamn July outside?

2. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    real schorcher hear in ohio state and this is the fall season? feels more like s summer heat wave to me

3. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I don't want it to end...

Heck, I'm praying for some low to mid Halloween night. I might even dress up.

Ate some extra spicy food to cool off. Took a quick dip in the pool. Then showered. Ice cream. Summer time weather we were robbed is finally here.

Attached Files:

4. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    I'm hoping for a indian summer for this coming winter season( no snow all season long only rain and reasonably mild fall like weather during the day time hourse )

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This month has been a roller coaster ride. Due to a wild fire in the Columbia River Gorge caused by a group of obnoxious teenagers and a firework, Portland experience very bad air pollution and ash from the smoke. There were times, I could not leave my home due to my allergies. When I did, I had to wear a respirator mask. Last week, wild weather came into the region that brought snow, tornadoes, water sprouts, hail, and lots of rain. Now we are mostly dry and on the cool side with occasional light drizzles. There is no telling what would be coming next.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Not roller coaster but it's had its ups and downs this past month, went from weeks of rain due to Harvey and Irma, very low temps for Sept., then once those cleared out, we've had almost record breaking heat for the past couple of weeks.. today we were 92*, 1 degree from breaking an old record. We've had more mosquitoes in the last couple of weeks than all summer...
    .... and they're bold little witches, coming up on the deck, into the garage just to have a bite. :D 

No rain expected, but a cool front headed this way and I'm happy to see it.. 70's to 80's day time temps and 60's overnight. Those temps are my ideal, so hoping they happen as forecast.

7. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Maria turned the island upside down. Most areas are still without power or running water and cell signal is poor because around 85% of the cell towers were damaged. I myself am basically without a job until the power generator gets its diesel refilled. I'm planning on selling off a good chunk of my TF collection just to make ends meet.

8. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Thankfully, PR is finally getting some badly needed attention to this crisis and hopefully with extra crews coming down to help restore electricity and ships allowed to bring all the food and gas they possibly can, it'll help get things going in a more positive direction. Not sure if true, be we keep hearing that so many of the usual city/town infrastructure doesn't exist... i.e. Electrical Grids that can be brought back online in a systematical manner. Also, we keep hearing that the officials there are bit overwhelmed as to what to do, for the same seasons--again, not sure if all of that is true, but it's being reported as the reason so little has happened thus far.
    Sadly, on the donations of both time and money... I think between Harvey, then Irma, most people and organizations were just tapped out... the areas hit hard by those 2 hurricanes are still reeling and repairing the damage and like PR, some homes will never be rebuilt, they are just gone forever. But as in those states, hopefully things will get rolling and the people assigned to get the infrastructure of PR back online as soon as humanly possible... there's just too many people without every basic daily need and for too long.

Praying that you guys get all the help you need for immediate needs as well as rebuilding for the long haul.

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I really hoped that Topical Storm Nate, didn't done some damage in the Gulf States like the late past hurricanes where.

10. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    As if we needed yet another hurricane/tropical system this year... I hate Nate! :/

11. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Yeah Mother Nature still the violent SOB she is.

12. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Ehhhhh..... these type of storms should be blamed on Father Sky or the Thunder Gods.. many cultures believe that Mother Earth/Earth Mother is represented by gentle, nourishing rains, but storms with winds and lightening are the domain of the Sky Gods.

13. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    If so then I know of a certain one that I need to call a God Killer on.

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...another hurricane? Are you kidding me? o_O 

Okay, the world's gone tits up.

15. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Well... this one is called Nate... maybe something else is up?

16. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Aha! I see what you did there...

• Like Like x 1
  17. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's October, but we still have 80 degree weather in Jersey... I don't mind it... but man is it weird. Course, a couple years back it was still mid 60s during Christmas... Nothing abnormal about that, huh.

18. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    It was 83 today in NEOH. On October 7th. We haven't even had our "Indian" Summer, yet. This is abnormal. I mean, we shouldn't be buried under several feet of snow, yet, either, but 83 is just not normal at this point in time of the year. Is it welcome? You betcha. I'll be incredibly sad to see it go, I really will. I'm not looking forward to winter. I'm betting it'll either be ridiculously brutal and polar vortex-y or it'll be unseasonably warm and screw with the crops, thus driving up prices.

As much as I hate winter, I do think a normal winter where it's not a constant blizzard, but snowy, not a polar vortex, but reasonably cold is what we should be having. If anyone is still uncertain about global warming, uh my thermometer and the mass of stink bugs in and outside my home tell you it exists.

83... WTH?

19. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    It's 70 today. Tomorrow we're supposed to get 3" of snow??? And it drops to a high of 40?? Yeah, I guess fall is finally here.

20. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I hate you. It was 92 today.