The Ongoing Legacy Motormaster Batch Number Documentation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Onyxstrike, Jun 15, 2022.

1. DuskOkami

DuskOkami Well-Known Member

My BBTS 21301 seems fine yellowing wise. Unfortunately minor paint peel on Motormasters back hip and some light scratches.

Attached Files:

2. Hazard Stone

Hazard Stone Active Member

Reporting in.
    Just got mine in from Hasbro Pulse, batch number 20891 (rated as "slight discoloration" here in the thread thus far). Shipped from Harrisburg, PA to Chicago. The only discoloration I appear to have is the left Menasor central elbow joint. It's pretty heavily discolored, (maybe 66% to 75% as bad as the worst discoloration I've seen in the thread thus far) but it's at least consistent throughout the piece, and seems to be contained only to that single piece. Pretty lucky, all things considered, I guess. I'll report back if anything else changes now that I'll be playing with him.

3. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    So, without reading 14 pages... short version.. are later batches any "better" as the first ones, or just as yellowed?
    Is there ANY definitive non yellowed ones, or batches, or just a gamble no matter what you get?

EDIT: Saw it was added in at the bottom of the first post on first page. I DID look there first but didn't see it at first.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  4. Onyxstrike

Onyxstrike Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So! It's been a while! Mainly because I wanted to wait until I got a Motormaster of my own to check whether or not it was fine. It was... a journey.

I, at the moment of typing this out, have two Motormasters, both from different online retailers and both of their trailers in different conditions of yellowing. I initially tried to buy my first Motormaster from Amazon, but me, trying to be smart and get it earlier, attempted to do a known "payment method trick", wherein you change your payment method (or just "change" it to the one used for the transaction to begin with) and there'd be a chance of getting an earlier date.

It got pushed back a week from its initial delivery date. Worse yet, during this delay, Amazon ran out of stock so they couldn't actually fulfill that order. I had to call customer service to see what was up with that order and get it cancelled. Then I ordered him off of Dorkside Toys, making it my actual first Motormaster copy. That copy's batch number was 20831, and upon opening that copy up I found that he was fucking pre-yellowed. Specifically on the Menasor shoulder joints.

Not getting into the nitty-gritty of what transpired after, but let's just say that this experience kinda soured my first experience with Dorkside Toys. I might buy from them again but. Man.

Earlier this month I decided to buy Motormaster again, this time from Amazon now that they had more stock of him; at the very least if the copy I got had yellowing I could always request a replacement. This copy, with the batch code 21171, arrived today and... has no yellowing! Aside from some minor paint blemishes and some loose Menasor shoulder forward and backwards ratchets, this copy is pretty much perfect QC wise.

As for updating this thread... there's a daunting backlog ahead of me. I have no idea if and when I'll get back to this, especially when it appears that copies in batches have an equal chance of coming pre-yellowed out of box or not. I guess... expect updates when I feel motivated enough to comb through this thread one day to fill in the blanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Thanks for your post.
    I'm gonna play the amazon lotto so I can just keep returning until I get a non messed up oe (when I buy one, just missed the last local sale).

6. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t understand why some people are still buying Motormaster considering all this lack of quality.

It is not just the yellowing issue.

7. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

To those of you who bought the non-yellowed batches, did they stay that way, or did the discoloration happen later on? I really want new and improved Stunticons (the Combiner Wars version of Menasor sucks, as I'm sure we're all aware), but I won't pay a single cent for that Motormaster unless I'm sure I won't have to get rid of it within months of buying it.

8. Zaragon

Zaragon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got mine in today from BBTS. Batch #21231. No discernible yellowing anywhere. Both front wheels are the same size (as each other; they're smaller relative to the other four wheels on the tractor). The only issue I seem to have is the rear panels on top of the tractor; the LH side one pops up and out if you look at it funny. Literally, sometimes, as I've popped it back in and gotten halfway across the room before I hear it softly popping back out of place. Not entirely sure what's causing that--I figure it must be a misalignment somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

9. SkyfireAU

SkyfireAU Active Member

I bought two 20911 batches at the same time from the same shop (Big W Australia) in June - one copy had almost unoticeable yellowing of a shin panel out of the box and the other copy was fine. Checking today, both are unchanged. I think you'll be safe if you buy a late copy (above 21200 perhaps?) as the problem was apparently due to use of disinfectant bleach on the moulds, which was ceased it seemed, rather than photodegradation or other causes.

10. HeavyArms

HeavyArms Well-Known Member

Finally got my preorder in from Dorksidetoys and discoloration/yellowing is noticeable on my MM.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. MountainSound

MountainSound Active Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I just received my MM from Amazon (ordered about a week or so ago) and the batch number is 21901. I think that’s a new batch
    Aaaaand… no yellowing!! Buuuuut the rear wheels on the trailer are a little bent. Darn.

Attached Files:

12. arnie001

arnie001 Well-Known Member

Got mine, 21721. No yellowing issues but one of Motormaster's arm doesn't sit flush on his shoulder in truck mode.

13. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    21301 and 21431 no yellowing.

21431 has super warped trailer wheels on the right (passenger) side.

14. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    What is the code on the box?

15. HeavyArms

HeavyArms Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure it was V-2976B

16. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The one stamped next to that - see the picture in the first post.

17. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    It's a 5 digit code that starts with the number 2 stamped/embossed into the bottom middle of the back of the box

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  18. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just ordered a Motormaster that'll be here next week. With my luck it'll be the worse fucked up figure on this thread.

19. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    I wonder how many people clicked on the message notification in the picture. I know I did. Lol

20. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Have faith my friend.