The One and Only Official “I have seen the movie!” Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    To quote 2 people who went with me and fell asleep a couple times(long day I guess) they said afterwards,.."yeah I don't think I missed any of the plot while I was out" and it hit me there really wasn't much to the plot, they gave their characters an objective and some stumbling blocks..the blocks being robots and they were easily taken out.

2. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

saw it at midnight tonight

Not as good as the first, in my opinion. The first one, I dunno, just really brought my inner childhood out, and really kept me in the movie, so to speak. The first one built and built, and had a pretty good overall feeling.

This one, not so much, and it was dragged out, and the editing was all over the place. One second we're watching the constructicons revive megatron, and the next, he flies off to cybertron, and we see him there talking with starscream. normally, there would be a cut to a different scene, or something, but nope. instantly across the galaxy! I thought that was bad.

alice was ******ed, and the wole tongue thing, was the stupidest thing they ever could have done.

I dunno, it just seemed like this whole movie wasn't planned out very well.

Action was top notch though. CGI was top notch. Visibly, and audio wise, it was mind blowing! the coolest shit I have ever seen.

but the movie as a while kinda meh.

3. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

wow i just came back from the theaters, imax i may add, and it was INCREDIBLE! The fallen was much cooler than i thought he would be. Optimus was kicking butt and taking names, i thought i was going to have an awesomeness meltdown. soundwave totally tentacle raped that space station, i got scared.
    my complaints, all the sex-oriented things, i mean specifically the wrecking balls of devastator, and on a creepy level, tuturro's thong *shudder*

4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just got back myself. Met some other transfans in line, so that was cool.
    Overall, not a bad film, just sort of a let down. I really liked the fight scenes, but for the most part they were empty. The best ones are 1/3 of the way into the movie, then at the end.
    Oddly, what disappoints me the most is that I won't be taking my daughter to see it. She saw the first one about a dozen times and was really looking forward to this one.
    There's way too much pointless and groan-worthy 'humor' in this one for me to allow her to see it. Although swearing never bothers me otherwise, this one took it too far. There was swearing just to add swearing, and vulgarities for laughs. Both items, when used properly, can enhance a film/story. Not in this case. Frankly, as soon as the twins opened their mouths I wanted them to die horrible, painful deaths. They were pointless characters, in there for laughs. They didn't make me laugh.
    I'm not intending to sound like a prude, but this is Transformers, not Jackass with robots.

5. Nagi-Oki

Nagi-Oki Tracks-O-Phile

Ebay:
    Just saw the movie myself.

I get the feeling Micheal Bay saw LA BLUE GIRL and said "Hey! That would look great in a robot movie!" Tentacles, ahoy!

I do have ONE question though...

Is there an OFFICIAL robot body count list of all the Decepticons and Autobots that got wasted in this movie? Cuz at some points, it looked like EVERYONE and their great grannies (looks at Jetfire) got their afts slagged. If the twins were the only survivors out of the newbies I'm gonna ubchuck.

6. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

oh yeah, and Bonecrusher was back! WTF? he was in vehicle mode, AND robot mode peeking through two buildings. He was there clear as day. Not only did they recycle Blackout, the recycled Bonecrusher too.

7. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    I myself have returned for the IMAX and it was a wild experiance!!!
    A Robot Ass Kicking Good Time!!!

8. brahby

brahby Active Member

was it just me or was megatron and starscreams voices terrible in this movie?

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I really enjoyed the movie, more than the first. There was one thing that just made me so happy. The Fallen was a bad ASS. So was Prime.

10. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    I just got back from seeing the midnight premeire and I am extremely disapointed. This movie was absolutely horrible. The CGI and all that was great but the story/ characters etc. was a train-wreck of epic proportions.

I feel as though my interest in the franchise as a whole has taken a blow after having seen this movie.

Maybe I need to watch some Animated or Beast Wars...

11. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

my thoughts

I know I am just another one of thousands of reviews that will pop up in this thread, but I thought I'd share my p.o.v on the movie. I actually had IMAX tickets for Thursday, but couldn't wait and went to opening night :)  All I could think abut once the movie was over was 1)I wish Transformers were real and 2) posting my thoughts on this forum cause you guys (and gals) rock. This review will contain numerous spoilers, be warned!!!!. Let me cover the main characters first:

Autobots:

Optimus - Awesome. Kicked the living crap outta everyone he faced. Had awesome lines, especially the "I'll take all of you!" Him in Jetfire armor was just 100% pure win.
    Bee - Easily I think my fav former in this movie. Ton of personality, even though he didn't speak. When Sam "died" you could just tell he was devastated and saddened. Seriously pulled some Mortal Kombat finishers on Rampage and Ravage.
    Jetfire - Hilarious. Death was kind of sudden and anti-climactic though. Wish he would've had more fighting scenes
    Twins - Hilarious! Though slightly stereotypical, people of all ages and races laughed their butts off at these two, including yours truly.
    Sideswipe - Finesse. That's the first thought that popped in my head when the opening scene in Shanghai played out. Great personality, though slightly underused IMO.
    Ironhide - Less focus on Ironhide in this movie than the first one, I flt; but he had just about as much screen time and dialogue. Good sense of militarism and leadership came from him. Loved how he had the Autobots guard the body of Optimus when he was dropped of and the military people were pointing their guns at him.
    Wheelie - Funny little dude. Thought the whole "leg humping" thing was rather funny. Very good personality, and great voice casting. Loved the nod to Rattrap when he stepped on one in the garage.

Cons
    Fallen - Honestly wasn't too impressed with him. His voice was awesome though, Candyman rules. Sickest part is when he floated all the army tanks and vehicles in the air then threw them down. Didn't really do a whole lot and dies rather quickly, albeit, awesomely by the hinds of Jet-Prime :) 
    Megs - Awesome. Prefect...almost. Voice was cool, wished it was toned deeper. Really good sense of evilness. I kinda actually liked how he was sub-servant to the Fallen, yet still held ranks w/ the other cons. And did I mention that he looked sick??? Tank treads suit him well!
    Screamer - Amazing portrayal of the classic Screamer we all know and love. The cowardly, but fierce, servant of Megatron. Voice was awesome and suited movie screamer perfect. He didn't really do a WHOLE lot, but his on screen banter w/ Megs made up for it. Just like old times.
    Devastator
    - Balls. Haha, they really weren't as "big" a deal as people on this thread were making them out to be. Hardly anyone at the theater realized what they were looking at. Really served no purpose other than to rip the top off the pyramid. Kinda underused,, and I was slightly disappointed by that.
    Soundwave - Awesome. He looked nothing like I thought he would look like. Did have visor, but it was semi-translucent w/ pupils underneath. His voice worked fine for his character, but I did immediately think Doctor Claw :D  Have a feeling he'll be a MAJOR player in the next one.

Story
    It did kind of feel like 2 different movies hinged in the middle, but it really didn't bother me all that much. It did slow down dramatically after the forest scene, but it didn't bother me that much. That time was used to fill in plot points and build towards the second climax of the film. I dunno, I thought it worked fine. Of course there was the occasional plot hole here and there (we all know the first movie had those) but the movie still worked as a whole I thought. We asked for more bots, and we received them. The result of that was side characters not getting thorough development (Sideswipe, Arcee twins, Jolt, Ratchet, some of the cons) I accept this as a sacrifice they needed to make to not make the story feel to cumbersome w/ having to know each and every former on a deep basis. That's fine. It also leaves room in the next one for those characters to be developed deeper. I thought the human characters were good in this one, comparatively so to the first movie. Leo was good and served his purpose, Simmons was back and I thought in a better role than the first movie.

The Bad:
    Some characters didn't get developed as much as I'd hoped. Forced dialogue from humans ("If we were made in God's image, what were they made in"...uh, what?) The whole Sam/Mikaela part of the movie felt a little tacked on, but I thought still worked. Dialogue was crowded out in some places by background noise (forest battle, Egypt battle). Some jumpy editing, slight plot holes here and there. Only time I really noticed the shaky cam was in the battle w/ Fallen/Prime/Megs. It was slightly jumbled up, and I had trouble telling who was where at some points. Oh, and the theater full of ******ed 12 year olds yelling old racial slurs and curse words...yeah, that was on the bad part. Felt like elbow dropping people in the face. Made me angry, good thing I have tickets to see it on Thursday in IMAX ;) 

The Good:
    Of the bots that were developed, the characterization was brilliant. What we asked for, they delivered in these characters. Fighting scenes were some of the best I've ever witnessed in any action movie, and the forest scene, as many on this board have already stated, was truly epic. Prime lived up to his rep in this movie, and made up for the pansy he was in the first one. The action is mind blowing and numbingly so at times. Military, although they delivered plenty of damage this time around, didn't get in the way like I thought they did in the first movie. They didn't play as big a part in defeating the enemies, which I liked. I think Bay took some of our "suggestions" from the fist movie and implemented them, which is nice. Less shaky-cam, IMO. More bots. More bot dialogue. More Transformers mythology.

Conclusion
    You are seriously missing out on an experience if you sdon't go and see this. Really, truly. Forget what everyone on this board and critics are saying and go see it yourself, go make your own judgment call. I thought the movie was awesome. Two, maybe even 3 times better than the first, if I may be so bold. It does have it's glaring faults, just as the first one did. Overall, I give this movie a solid B. I liked it a lot, better than the first. Just wanted to Share my thoughts, tried to be as unbiased and unscathing as I could possibly be, tried to be balanced. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them as best as possible.

12. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Meh, the beginning and ending were shit. The middle was border line epic.

I give it a Gracious 7/10.

NEEDED more Ratchet, Sideswipe, Jolt, and Ironhide.

and wtf w/ devastator not being made up of constructicons.

And megatron calling fallen "master" the bloody hell?!?!?!? MEGATRON BOWS DOWN TO NOBODY...except planet eating planets

...and even then by force.

13. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I loved it. I think it was better than the first. I got more goosebumps and laughed more.

Complaints:

1. Too much mom.
    2. Long developing Egypt scene.

Other than that it was a good high-five-your-bro flick.

14. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Really? The Fallen really didn't do all that much, then got obliterated by Prime without much of a fight. Megatron put up more of a fight than him.
    At least he didn't fart (Jetfire).

15. hellfire565

hellfire565 Auticon

Just saw the 12:30 showing.
    Came out of the theater knowing that this will be my favorite action move for a long while.

Pros:

-Starscream. Longer screentime, I'd say around 20 minutes. He's probably the only decepticon who's alternate mode actually gets more than 30 seconds of screentime. His voice is sounds more like his TFAnimated voice, still pretty cool but there is no hint of 'mechanical' in it, unlike the previous film. Overall, he's the biggest improvment, and he'll be a favorite to fans and non-fans.

-The Twins. I thought they would be childish, but they were actually the funniest. Especially the "That's cause he's a pussy" comment by Mudflap.

-The Action. Sideswipe slamming his blade into Sideways' hood then grappling and ripping him apart: 7.5/10. Devastator vs. Mudflap and Skids "acrobatics": 7/10. Prime cutting Starscream's arm off (he says "MY ARM!" if you listen carefully), ripping Grindor's head into two, and bitch slapping Megatron and The Fallen consecutively: 10+/10

Cons:

-The Story. Messed up, unorganized, plot holes.

-The Fallen. He's cool and all, but not a badass. Basically, when he doesn't have his Staff of Rah... he sucks.

-Jetfire. He wasn't very funny. One line got stuck in my head, though (down below). However, I do like his axe.

Memorable Lines:

"Starscream, I'm home!"
    -Megatron

"I'm not calling you a coward, master, but sometimes the cowards... survive."
    -Starscream

"Do you know what my father was? A WHEEL. And do you know what he transformed into? NOTHING. AND HE DID NOTHING WITH HONOR!"
    -Jetfire

"He probably got scared away from yo ugly face."
    "We're twins, ya genius!"
    -Mudflap & Skids

"We're still on the plane you dumbass!"
    -Lennox

Overall, I'd give this movie 8.5/10. If you want action, you got it. If you want story... except this for what it is and wait for Transformers 3.

Anyway, I F***ING LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. reave

reave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just you. Starscream was waaaaaay closer to his G1 and later character and voice. Megatron was pretty much the same, though he toned it down when he was around his master, The Fallen.

On a review note,
    HOLY SH*T THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

Minus a few niggles on the cheesy humor, that was way more intense and enveloping than TF1. I know people are going to freak on the goofy bots, and on the more animated personalities of the bots (wasn't dark enough, etc.), but all I've got to say is, have you ever actually watched ANY of the cartoons?

Most of the things I heard people complaining about before I saw the movie, were blown out of proportion, IMO. Just like with Star Wars (yes the original trilogy too), there is a comedic factor to it, that is aimed squarely at the kids, and I for one am jealous that I can't be a kid in the time of live-action Transformers movies.

So quit griping, transform back into the kid you were when you discovered Transformers, and enjoy the show.

17. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    just saw it, was totally awesome. I missed the first movie in theaters but I saw ROTF's first show in my local theater. Must say after seeing this I have to buy the Fallen, Sideways and Sideswipe.

I wanna see the movie again!!!!

18. mjaSoundwave

mjaSoundwave Well-Known Member

Well just got back from the theaters..... IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

By far it was a great film.... I do not see what some reviewers are saying about it, I really loved how they handled the story and the way characters were introduced.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>

First and foremost, Soundwave was AWESOME and I think that he was handled perfectly the way they did in the film. He was just an evil presence and that voice was just perfect. I too would have loved to see him in robot mode (would he be like the toy, since his head did not look like the satellite head on the figure.... then when he transforms into robot mode would he then have a different head?), but other than that he was handled great.. It is a shame what happened with Ravage, but hopefully he comes back in part 3.

On a side note, the way they introduced the Fallen, they can easily introduce the Dinobots as well as Shockwave seeding the earth with energon fragments much like the Shockwave Spotlight comic

Megatron was handled great and so was his relationship with Starscream..... Not to mention Megatron going to Mars back to the Nemesis and seeing the Fallen (but I thought he would be in a tablet calcifuges much like in the prequel comics).... The Fallen was great especially when he moved his frills.... loved it.... and just when Devastator transformed was just epic.

I am just in Awe of the film and the CGI was incredible............

Although it was weird that when Devastator was combined, in the film you still saw Longhaul and Mixmaster separately at the same time.... Not to mention Demolisher was destroyed in China, yet his alt mode was still there to form Devastator...... So I am not sure what is going on in regards to this....Any clue??

Also it is a shame that we didn't see much of Sideways... would have been cool if he took on Sideswipe... but oh well.

It was a great film and was just a roller coaster ride of just pure fun..... Wheelie was great and Jetfire was just awesome.. and Prime combined with Jetfire, I just was in awe when I saw that....... AWESOME!!! So much to talk about and my brain needs sleep....

Can't wait to see it in IMAX with my friends this saturday.... oh by the way, before the movie started the theater was nice and icy cold, about 30min in it got warmer and then of course it was a bit hot.... So I went up to the customer service and spoke to one of the managers to let them know of the AC problem........ He apologized and said he would look into it, but he also gave me a free ticket!!!! So..... I will see Transformers again!!! After I watch it in IMAX of course (you got to spread it out.... lol)

19. Scottimus

Scottimus That's what she said

Hey all. just got back from the midnight premier at IMAX in Raleigh, North Carolina, and guess who was there to introduce the film to us??? none other than Josh Nizzi himself! apparently he lives around here and he introduced himself as the guy who originally drew up Long Haul and how Michael Bay saw his artwork and signed him on and how it was an amazing experience and stuff. Before they rolled the film he asked the audience some (pretty easy) transformers trivia questions and handed out posters i think to the winners. (kinda stupid questions, like "name an autobot" and "name a decepticon".) But he said he was there to watch the movie for the first time as well. I was super stoked that i was going to be watching the movie for the first time at the same time Josh was for the first time too.

The rest is just my opinion, but after seeing what a dreadfully horrible FAIL this movie was for anyone hoping for a true adaptation of Transformers, i wanted to go over and meet and greet Josh, but he looked just as upset as everyone else in the theater was with the final product.

my friends and i walked out and proceeded to bash all the efforts made by the writers and director of this movie. the term "continuity" had no place in this film. As for the plot, this movie really may as well have been called "Transformers: Revenge of the Sith". Seriously WHO on that production team thought any part of this story was a good idea!? What a disappointment. I hope this movie flops.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who thought it was a huge dick move showing them just callously dump Prime's body on the tarmac. I acutally felt repulsed and was physically jarred by it. I honestly was expecting some very angry Autobot responses to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.