The One and Only Official “I have seen the movie!” Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jcanuc

Jcanuc Well-Known Member

First... Deep Breath.... So serious, even in defense.
    It will be OK.
    Haters will be haters, on both sides
    Purists will be purist
    Everyone has their own "generation"
    And some of us actually have mixed opinions.

But it's not hard to point out flaws and missed opportunities.
    Yes some human interaction is needed, but Honestly the movie is TRANSFORMERS.
    Not Herbie the love bug, not boy meets car, not army takes on massive robots.
    You actually could do a Transformers movie with a good plot and limit human interaction.
    Think about the human interaction in any TF series, it was pretty limited and the transformers were the main characters in the story, not the other way around.

True it's not G1, and Bay didn't destroy G1.
    The thing is with the really incredible updates there were also some things that could have been better choices (I still think starscream got short changed in appearance Outside of Prime he was one of the few characters that had previously maintained an iconic stlye throughout several series)

In Bay's defense, I don't think that too many other directors could have pulled of the level of action in these films the way bay has, he's an action director.

Most of my personal complaints come out of useless plot points that don't drive the story, or Human story points that were overly expanded upon that had either little relevance to the story or could have easily been condensed into a smaller timespace allowing better plot choices or character development. The Hackers bit and Anthony Andersons entire character could have been cut and saved about 30 minutes in the first film, in the end they were inconcequential.

Sure you can't cut Sam, even simmons and Mikela were valuable to the story. Some of the scenes were just for laughs, and you need a few laughs, just not at the expense of a good story.

First film was good not superb, but a decent fun action blockbuster.
    Sure it could have been better if you pick it apart, but despite it's flaws it was a good film.

Revenge is the same, it's got it's flaws, there were more things that could have been in there, some stuff got improved, all in all it is a good film.

Hater or not I'm sure everyone on these boards is going to see it.

2. geezmangu

geezmangu Well-Known Member

why does the fallen and the other primes have spears?

3. jazzimusprime27

jazzimusprime27 Well-Known Member

That's it. I'm sick of reading this thread. All I see are people complaining.

4. yoboy

yoboy Member

Fantastic!!

Managed to catch the first show on 23rd.. They made it like there were two sets of contructicons, one which will be able to transform into robots, and another clone set (including the earlier killed demolisher) combining into devastator. Yeap, similar to the toy line. High Tower doesnt change into robot, and no sighting of overload ( i could be wrong)...

Movie's Ups:
    -OP power up mode
    -Devastator combining
    -More dialogues among the decepticon leaders compared to the first movie
    -cool battle scene and effects
    -comedy scenes, involving the twins, leo, simmons and wheelie (particularly when Wheelie humps mikeala's leg)

Movie's down:
    -devastator brought down far too easily
    -fallen brought down easily
    -certain deserving characters didnt get much screen time

Gonna catch IMAX show today!! Hahaha

5. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

Yess!!!

Mtl

6. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I already have my ticket for the midnight showing tonight,I will see it bout 10 hours early
    than those waiting till lunch tomorrow.Holy Sh** less than 4 hours till ROTF in East Texas.
    So can't wait.

7. jazzimusprime27

The seventh constructicon is Overload.

8. Optimal Thomas

Optimal Thomas New Member

Need some help from someone who has seen the movie. I am planning on taking my 5 year old son to see the movie tommorow, and he loves Optimus Prime. I see where Optimus is "killed", does he stay dead or is he rivived? My little boy has such as a active imagination he truly believes Optimus is real, I want to make sure its ok to take him. This might sound stupid to some but I have to watch out for my little man.

9. jazzimusprime27

Ok, this has been annoying me so...
    THERE IS NO BONECRUSHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE BOT YOU SEE THAT LOOKS LIKE BONECRUSHER IS THE SEVENTH CONSTRUCTICON OVERLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

i thought they could of made the optimis dying more tragic like maybe have the autobots say a few things but nothing...............
    he dies in a pretty brutal way gets stabbed while he has his back to megatron thru the chest as megatron says "YOU ARE SO WEAK" then shoots him thru the chest and drops him to the ground as primes eyes flicker off.

id say your son would get pretty upset also IMHO i wouldnt be taking kids under 10 to see it michael bay puts sooooo much crude sexual stuff into it.
    i wouldnt be happy if i had kids asking me after the movie why a robot had testicles and why the little dog was on the bigger dog and things like that.

michael bay doesnt seem to give a shit that kids see his movies.

11. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

dude ur stupid i saw it twice yesterday and BOTH times i saw bonecrusher. and overload is in it ONLY in truck form......people were speculating that he was one of the 4 that jumps off the boat to revive megatron..................wrong again that was a excavator like demolisher except half the size and was a VOLVO.

12. KaraSkak

KaraSkak New Member

Seeing it TONITE AT 12:01am in 3 hours!

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I've read just a few posts and I am so ready to go tonite... just over 3 hrs.
    I'll probably post again after I see TF2 on page 300!!:lol  Boy, people are posting crazy tonite..:popcorn 

14. jazzimusprime27

Okay, apparently there is a Buffalo mine sweeper but that doesn't mean it's Bonecrusher. However, a lot of people think that overload, the red construction truck is a reformatted Bonecrusher.

15. jazzimusprime27

See my recently posted comment. Sorry.

16. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

As much as my 4 1/2-year-old boy LOVES Transformers toys, I will NOT be taking him to this movie.

17. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

That's what annoys me the most. He's supposed to be the strongest still living Transformer and he's beaten in like what? 5 seconds? And I thought that Prime ripping off The Fallen's face was just ridiculous. It wasn't necessary at all, he could've just pulled out his spark without ripping off his face first. And I thought they made JetPrime way too strong. He should've had trouble with defeating The Fallen, even though he had become so much stronger. But it's a little to late to change it now, ain't it. :D  But overall a good ending.

18. Prime10

Prime10 The Last Prime

lol..i was go to premier too, The Prime is die and sam die too to save the Optimus but Sam was see 6 of 7 Primes in Autobot Heaven. the 6 of 7 Primes was sent it back to life because want to get Optimus life back because Optimus is the last Primes!
    when Sam life back, The Matrix of Leadership is back in the shape! Sam was put the matrix in Optimus body and The Fallen was take the matrixk back to destroy the sun!
    Optimus is getting down but Jetfire was give his life to Optimus! Jetfire dream is too see and combined The Primes!
    Jolt and Ironhide give some electric to make more power to Optimus and Jetfire body was combined with Optimus body to defeat The Fallen. Megatron and Starscream was run. want more? go see it!! more comedy in the movie! TheSpaceBrigde is same too what i was see in the movie.. Devastator was crash after shoot but US marine, hope you getting know what i say it! =)

19. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

i saw it online already, bay ain't getting my money for that crap

20. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is my suggestion:

Before you see the ROTF in theaters, take the time to watch the 1st movie on DVD or on HBO or Cinemax in your area so you can either get caught up or have a fresh memory about all that happened in the 1st movie.

Who knows, it may make watching ROTF more enjoyable for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.