The One and Only Official “I have seen the movie!” Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NitrogenB

NitrogenB Well-Known Member

I saw the three jets everyone is talking about. On the pn shot around the pyramids during the final battle, three jets back to back flew around the pyramid. One was black, one was blue and one was purple. No lie. I believe they were f22's, but I cold be mistaken. Definitely in those colors though.

2. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    You need to get your eyes checked,those F-22's were the standard color.

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Definitely not. All same color, all standard color.

4. NitrogenB

No, sorry bro. THey were not. All different colors. Seen the movie 3 times, once in IMAX.

5. NitrogenB

I have great eyes, thank you. There are 2 or 3 separate shots of the F22's flying aorund the pyramid, only one of the shots has the three-colored jets.

6. Galvatron X

Galvatron X New Member

MAJOR SPOILERS

My review

The Bad

Thought the movie was horrible, Jetfire Optimus Merge felt like the movie was trying to sell the toy. To much of Sams mom acting like a idiot, movie was way to long, 2 hours and 45 mins of Decepticons getting there ass kicked even though they outnumber the Autobots Id say 3 to 1?? Makes no sense. Optimus way to powerful, first movie he gets his ass handed to him by megatron, in this movie he takes on Megatron Starscream and Blackout and still more or less kicks there ass, They kill Optimus and bring him back a hour later completely pointless. The pretender was cool but they never explain it and leave the audience guessing. Devastator was pointless gets hurt by a Chevy beat seriously???? Plus the humans have a experimental rail gun on a battleship that just so happens to be with in firing range of devastator and just so happens to be with radio frequency that Reggie picks up on........... I don't think I need to justify how awful a plot device that was. Again autobots WAY to powerful in the movie... I mean sense when did they all become Chuck Norris??? Anyways Optimus and Megs completely out of character.... Megs answers to NOBODY... yet he is the Fallens bitch in this movie..........Optimus hunting down Decepticons like there animals??? Optimus tried to preserve all life even if it was Decepticons unless he absolutely had to kill them yet in this movie he is the Punisher of the Autobots????? Also the commander of the Military in this movie...The Bald dude...didn't he die in the first movie when Blackout destroyed the base?? Yet now he is magically back?? WTF?? Also I like how no robots but Optimus and Bumble Bee have character development this movie is supposed to be about Transformers right?? Not kids and 2 Transformers....anyways Look I'm not trying to bash this movie with out giving it justice.... I don't blame Micheal Bay I blame Kurtzman and Orci either they didn't give a shit about this script and put what they wanted to satisfy paramount or all there talent went into Star Trek because honestly I can sit down and watch 6 episodes of Beast Wars and have them be more entertaining and better scripted.

There was good aspects of the movie, it was way better acted than the first, awesome special effects Isabel Lucas and Megan Fox are gorgeous.

Maybe I had TOO high hopes for this movie which is why I think I dislike it so much I mean I honestly thought from the trailers was this was gonna be like the Empire Strikes Back of Transformers the autobots get messed up throughout the movie and are put in at the end of the movie a very negative situation aka Unicron on his way or to some extent something along those lines. In some sense as far as over all plot that the movie series should have evolved which it didn't at all. After sitting through 2 hours 45 mins of this all as fans walked away with was Megatrons back and they introduce the matrix of leadership...that's it.............wow that could take literally 30 mins and the rest of the movie did nothing to progress the story of these characters at all nothing, and that's the biggest problem I had with this movie.......and I'm a hardcore transformers fan for 21 years now and I cant bring myself to support or justify this movie at all.

7. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

I finished the book and there was some more interesting info, spoilers.

Jetfire decided that he was to old to help so he kinda sat down and just stayed there in the desert i guess untill his return in the final battle. As far as what happened to the twins, they did dissapear for a bit but returned at the end carrying simmons and dragging leo on a part of devastator. Also the fallen had some sort of hold over megatron which is why he was loyal, But the hold was lifted durring the battle b/w Optimus and the Fallen, which is why when The fallen asked for help megatron just ignored him. As for all the knowledge, it went from sam to the matrix and at the final scene I guess optimus was holding the matrix....OMG and there was an interesting epolouge that I will tell you about if you guys want to know, if you dont and want to read it for yourselves then i wont say anything.

8. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    the pros and 'cons - no pun intended

POTENTIAL SPOILERS!

But if you are in this thread, you should have seen the movie by now.

First the good... the acting, in general, was better than the first but I believe Leo was a pointless character. Megan Fox was hotter. Liked the inclusion of the Matrix, space bridge, the pretender (although it looked more like a terminator to me), and the bot/human screentime was much more equal. Liked Frank Welker and Ravage's incusion. Very pleased with the Starscream/Megatron banter. Loved Tom Kenny being in it and Charlie Adler was perfect for Starscream. Superb buffing up/no holds barred-Prime!!! 100% improvement over the first film.

Didn't like that all the sudden Bumblebee still can't speak although the Cube could completely bring Frenzy back from cellphone to bot but can't repair BB's voice. Didn't like the increase in profanity or the racial undertones, Barricade still is a no-show. My biggest complaint? Well, I have a minor and a major. If the shard of the Allspark could bring back a dead Megatron, why didn't Sam just take his sliver to Prime? The minor is that Bonecrusher and Blackout are back with no explanation as to how and the constructicons are part of Devastator while at the same time some of them are fighting in the huge epic battle?! How can they both be in the same place and the same time?

That's my 2 cents.

9. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh, reading's overrated: Tell us tell us tell us!

jD001

10. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

*Spoiler*

Megatron returns to the nemisis and looks around at all the pods (his new army) and it ends with him saying "ARISE"

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Congrats on being the only person who has spotted them, out of the thousands and thousands of people who have seen the movie.

12. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I've seen them too, all three times I've seen the movie. It's a split-second shot, but you can clearly see the three different colors on the jets as they fly around the far side of the pyramid. And it's done in such a way that it'd be impossible to call it refraction effects.

Though it makes little sense as it appears that they are taken out by the Fallen and/or Megatron. Maybe it was something some smart-ass animator did at the last second just to make people go "I SEE THE JETFORMERS!"

13. mbtion

mbtion Active Member

very well said. agreed 100% there are certain things about he movie that is a complete slap in the face. like Colonel Sharp turning into General Morshower. come on now ? are they really serious? and thats just the tip off the iceberg

the biggest problem of them all(and there where many) was the simple fact that sam knew the shard gave life. why didnt they simply use it to bring prime back to life since mikaela had it? the decepticons used the other piece to bring megatron back right?

14. mbtion

mbtion Active Member

...furthermore starscream and megatrons back and forth didnt move me like it did others. their whole thing was based on starscream thinks he can be a better leader than megatron, but since megatron is not the leader...whats the point???

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Finally decided to put my thoughts about the movie down into a post.

First of all, while the movie wasn't great, it was pretty much equal to the first one. Not any worse, but not any better. It is what it is, and it did what Bay and crew set out to do. Make a second popcorn action flick that the viewer doesn't have to think about while watching. This is where I think most, if not all, of the hate is stemming from. People wanted a thought provoking story with every single detail made clear and available to the viewer. Honestly, I think people were expecting way too much from this movie. It's a Bay film after all. Things like "Ooohh....that's cool...." is about the limit on anything though provoking for a typical Bay film.

Might as well address some of the more popular complaints:

-The Twins- Honestly, if these two are any kind of sterotype, they are wiggers (aka white boys who try and act black, for anybody who doesn't recognize the word). Really, the closest thing that came to a reference to black stereotypes was Skids's gold tooth, and even then that's a bit of a stretch at times, imo. They seemed more like too young brothers who try and act cooler than they really are, and constantly argue with each other. To put it simply, the twins aren't racist stereotypes.

-Constructicons- Having multiple copies of the same robot on screen didn't bother me at all. It's like those little green army men figures, imo. There are different kinds of soldiers, but multiple copies of each type. After seeing the movie, I can say with 100% confidence that both the yellow and future red versions of the Deluxe Rampage figure are screen true. Though it is true that the red one was the only one referenced by the name Rampage. There was clearly at least one other Rampage-bot, and it was yellow. It was one of the Constructicons that went down to revive Megatron. Oh, and the one that was torn appart for parts, it was clearly a Scrapper-bot. As for Bonecrusher, the alt-mode that he turns into was in the movie, but it was just sitting there, and didn't have his logo. If it was a con, it was just a random bot that shares his design, much like the other multiple constructicons. I honestly never saw him in bot-mode. Scrapper came close, but wasn't him.

-Devastator- Ok, they do appear to just be limbs in the movie. Most notably Scavenger. Though I still think that they could have also had bot-modes like the other Constructicons. As for why they didn't transform into bot-mode after breaking up, well, I honestly think the rail gun did enough damage to all of them that all the members that combined couldn't transform any more. Some, like the arms, weren't hit directly, but the blast looked like it was more than capable of inflicting major damage to all the parts.

-Ironhide and Ratchet- I would have loved to see them get more screen time, but after seeing the movie, they really got more than what the reviews were saying. Actually, so did Sideswipe, who also had at least three lines in the movie.

-Jetfire- Not a completely bad character, but for what he was worth in the end, they could really have made him someone else, and still have the same exact impact. I do like his character, but I think he should have gotten more screen time. His death seemed kind of random and emotionless. He seemed more interested in committing suicide than helping out his new Autobot brothers. More non-museum SR-71 screen time would have been epic too.

-Fallen/Megatron/Starscream love triangle- This was slightly bothersome, as Megatron was more of a push-over, imo, but when all details are considered, it makes sense. I think that in future film(s), we'll witness more arguing between Megs and Starscream. Especially now that Megatron doesn't have someone to report to anymore. With the Fallen out of the way he can act as cruelly as he wants to now. It'll be interesting to see what he does with his army of hatchlings. Assuming they don't all die before Megs can get some more energon.

-Soundwave- The voice, while not G1, actually fit the movie take on his character, imo. It'll be interesting to see how much of him we see in future movies. He may have just stayed in satellite-mode, but he still got a decent amount of screen time, and actually mattered to the story line. I see now what Hasbro's requirement for the toy version of him was, a bot-mode. I could easily see the people who came up with his on-screen design wanting a toy of him to stay in satellite-mode. It'd be easier to work in certain features (mainly his tentacle things). It'd also make the presence of a voice less noticable, as it wouldn't affect the transformation. I'm really glad they waited to add him. They really did justice for him.

Overall it was a pretty good movie. Especially when compared to how many unnecessarily negative reviews it got. I just think people hyped it up in their minds, and were expecting way too much of it. Like I said, it's a Bay film, expectations should be sorta low just for that one simple fact. Not saying he's the worst director ever, just that a pure action film is to be expected from him. I give it a rating of three out of five Bay explosions:

:bay :bay :bay 

16. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thread won. I love following what you say because everything you say is more along the lines of intelligence not fan love/ hate.

17. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I might've posted this before, if I have, forgive me. If I haven't, then this is new. (Hell, there's so much to keep up with, I'm totally at a loss here.)

After seeing the film again, I realize that Jetfire's sacrifice wasn't random. He was dying anyway. I didn't see where Scorponok had actually burrowed through his torso, before. He had a gaping hole in 'im, so rather than die a pointless, wasted death, he sacrificed himself for the greater good.

The scene was a bit rushed, yes, but it's not random anymore. It makes sense now.

Damn you Scorponok, you bastard. Jetfire was awesome and you suck. You suck. You go to hell and you die!

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thank you, thank you very much :thumb  Oh, and I added my opinion on Soundwave. Might have more to add, but I think I've covered at least most of the major complaints.

Good point, very good point. It was just really rushed, imo. Slowing it down, adding in a line or two more, and giving it some nice dramatic music could have made it a much better scene, imo. At the very least make Jetfire's line there clearer, and more emotional.

19. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once again another well thought out responce not "I R maD CuZ SouDwAyV wS nOt I n Bot mOdE!!!"

20. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    Saw the movie for the first time tonight. I was amazed that it was a 2 hour 45 minute flick...didn't really feel like it.

Like others have surely mentioned, the battles were too close and all over the place. Some stuff was just to hard to figure out what was going on. And yes...a lot of issues in terms of story....but man....it was a kickass flick nonetheless. The way they mixed in the comedy was great....the mom was awesome.

And Prime biting the dust was a bit of a shock.....I was transported back to 1986! ;)  Then him coming back reminded me of "Divide and Conquer" from Season One.

Just like the first one, the issue of day night transitions during the same scene were there. Going from broad daylight to dusk or dark rather quickly without much time lapse was a bit troubling.

And the ending....really rushed. I thought there could have been more of a climax...wham bam...threat terminated.

Overall though....the effects were top notch. Hats off to those guys at ILM for all the hard work. I know I appreciated it. I just could not get over how lifelike all that stuff was....absolutely amazing!

I'm sure I will catch it again soon...if anything...to see Megan Fox...that is some wonderful eye candy!!! ;) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.