The One and Only Official “I have seen the movie!” Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

I liked the movie (fun, lots of action) but I didn't like it any more or less then the first (my girlfriend had the same opinioin) and in that point I was a little disapointed. I thought this movie was really going to blow me away.

The starscream/megatron stuff was really cool but I didn't like how easy it seemed like the fallen got smoked. Also how megatron was the fallens underling like that, megs didn't even willingly listen to unicron (g1) and he is so easily controlled by a bot who can't even give prime a challenge when it's 3 on 1 against him

I thought the movie chugged a long a good pace even with the longer run time (lots of action no a lot of slow parts, big battles)

I hope with two under their belts now though that by the time pt.3 comes around we will really get something special.

By the way, what happened to the matrix after prime blew up the energon machine. I didn't see him grab it back or hear about it after that. Did I miss something?

2. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Unclear. You'd think he would, but it's never shown.

Yeah, I read through the Alliance prequel yesterday, and they were very clear about showing -- repeatedly -- that Barricade was not dead, only hiding. He's shown contacting Starscream in both Alliance and Reign of Starscream.

Of course, the flip side of this is The Fallen isn't mentioned at all in either prequel; he's hinted at in Alliance, but Reign of Starscream still treats Megatron as the (ex-)Big Boss, and not a subordinate. Oh well.

-XCN-

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The "Defiance" Prequel shows the origins of Megatron and his connection to The Fallen.

4. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Ah, OK. Haven't seen that one yet.

-XCN-

5. BeeBoy29

BeeBoy29 i thrive on plastic :)

Awsome, movie liked it better than the first :) 

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    He actually had a few, to be fair. When I went and saw it a second time I realized he was in it more than I recalled.

7. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

Shia did an excillent acting job this time around in my opinion, seemed like he was more animated then he was in the first one.

8. gymkata

gymkata Member

This... Can't wait for the bootleg edit that takes out the JarJar twins.

I am also SO sick of the Joe Pesce/Mob Voice #2 voice/character - (Wheelie)

And lastly, did anyone ever explain to the Militay Commander why their comms went down? He seemed to be really curious.

9. Spirawobble

Spirawobble Member

ROTF 2nd Viewing

Got around to seeing the movie for a second time. Found it a bit gruelling to sit through. Opinion still hasn't changed, still disappointed and feel that they could have done alot better.

Have some questions. These may have been answered already but haven't had time to go back through boards.

If Sam starts seeing the Cybertronian symbols ( language of the Primes ) when he touches the fragment of the Allspark, how come this didn't happen when he held the entire Allspark cube in the first movie? Come to think of it, TWO YEARS LATER and he still hasn't washed his top from the original movie? Dirty B*****d!!

Why are all transformers created by the Allspark in this movie and the last of the evil Decepticon type?

Where did the Kitchen bots learn to shoot? They are firing at Sam in his bedroom from point blank and still can't hit him. Must have been the same school as the Imperial Stormtroopers.

If the Laurentian Abyss is surrounded and under guard by the navy, why the hell is there a commercial freighter allowed to pass over it? And if it was allowed to pass over it wouldn't NEST want to check it for Decepticons?

Wasn't General Morshower called Colonel Sharp in the first movie's opening scene at Soccent?

How did the Fallen know that Sam was seeing the Cybertronian symbols? Why was Wheelie watching Sam's house?

What happened to the third Arcee bike that didn't get obliterated? Saw two get blasted but one was still alive.

Finally, is it that easy to get a navy Battle Ship to launch at a random target?
    Just tell them you are an agent with a section that the Captain probabaly never heard of!

Sorry if these are obvious but wouldn't mind hearing the answers.

10. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

People have thought of different reasons for why they are evil, all the technology was reverse engineered from studying megatron so all the tech might have that decepticon programing or something. But I think that when they are brought to life they are like babies (confused, afraid) and so they attack anything in the confusion. Also they are probably born with the basic instinct to use weapons and stuff. I hope this helps.

11. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It all depends on how hard you hit the Allspark shard/cube. Hit is hard = evil bots. Gentle tickle = Bumblebee.

12. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

Okay so reading the book I have learned a few things, spoilers below

First Scalpel was shot and killed
    Optimus was NOT killed, rather put in a stasis lock for a very long time
    Alice the robot actually scanned an animatronic from an Alice in wonderland ride (I want to see that ride =D)
    Mikela told the people at the airport that she was a mechanic and that is how she got past airport security with wheele
    Sam has always had the information in his head since he defeated Megatron, the shard just jump started it.

Thats all for now.

13. Wolfwood390

Wolfwood390 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the watching it enough to see it twice on opening day, and enough to see it again in IMAX to see the extended footage, but as a movie it wasn't that great. What I mean is, if I wasn't a fan of it already I don't think it would be that good to watch. There wasn't enough plot to sink into and the lack of character development for the new robots annoyed me.

I like how the spent more time on Megs and star scream but they didn't spend enough time on sideswipe, jolt, the arcee twins, or the constructicons. I know they only had so much time to work with but I hate how they through those characters in there and didn't spend enough time introducing them. If you stop and think about it, this movie was more of a toy commercial than the first one.

That being said I still thoroughly enjoyed watching it for what it is and will go see it a few more times, and will see a third if/when it comes out; but I do think they could have done a better job making the movie non-fan friendly.

14. ConeheadConvoyX

ConeheadConvoyX Banned

The blender bots name is Erector and thats my final vertict on the movie everything else was pure win

15. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yea I've seen Bioncle:Revenge of Metronui,great movie.

In all seriousness,I just got back from seeing ROTF and it rocked,plan on seeing it again.

16. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I did not know that until I heard it from you. Not that I'm slamming you for no spoiler tag, just sayin'. But since I zero out comics and novels (since I and many other people have not read them) from the movie, the "one of the hunted 'n destroyed Decepticons" thing was best explanation I came up with.

Honestly, he's a cool character, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for his appearance in TF3.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Barricade was run off the road by Ironhide into a concrete pillar in the comic adaptation or something of Movie 1?

17. Digital Jesus

Digital Jesus Devastator's big left toe

[edit]
    It would be great to get the fandom into some sort of "pregame" to educate them with the prequel novels and comics and such, it does fill in alot of blanks and may alter your less than stellar viewing experience of the movie based on some plot devices.

World Peace would also be nifty.

On topic, saw it a third time and dug every second of it. It's a fun ride that takes a while to build but it is visually stunning and back in '86 I never would have believed anything like this would ever grace the screen. Hell in '05 I wouldn't believe it either.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  18. ssintimidator

ssintimidator Member

In the Transformers movie novel Barricade is in fact killed, by Optimus. Since the same guy wrote all four Transformer books you would think he'd try to keep some sort of continuity between them. I think this goes to show the writers didn't care much about making sense, think about it, all of those people in Mission City and yet the world still doesn't know about giant robots walking around? What about that girl Ironhide jumped over, was she imagining it?

19. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, that's some great info to have! I can see why some of it didn't make the movie, but it's still very cool.

I just saw the movie for the second time today and enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time. Sure, the Twins still annoy me and there wasn't enough Autobot footage, but it's a movie pulled straight out of a fourteen-year-old's imagination. And isn't that what Transformers is all about? The things that bothered me on my first viewing were easier to accept, and I enjoyed the action A LOT more once I allowed myself to look past the movie's flaws. This time around I thought Devastator was pretty bad ass, and it didn't bother me that his limbs weren't robots. I mean, that's how the toy is, right?
    So yeah, if you're like me and the first viewing was disappointing, I have a feeling you'll like it a lot more the second, third, and twenty-fifth time around :thumbs2: 

20. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

Yea I agree with the multiple viewings = better experiance, and the book is great too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.