The One and Only Official “I have seen the movie!” Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

Alice was one of the attempts made by the decepticons to get sam, probably even to probe his brain with her tounge or tail, and I think that the fallen got up once Optimus was dead because he knew that the Optimus was the only one who could kill him, and so once he was dead, the fallen could make his trip to earth, even though he was weak, which could be why optimus was able to kill the Fallen so easily, because the fallen was still weak and did not expect an attack from optimus. But these are my thoughts as to what happened, but I hope I cleared stuff up for you.

2. haymaker

haymaker Active Member

good god son, you are married?

There will be blood is a character study.

If you think dark knight was just beat bad guys, that's just incredibly unintelligent. compared to something about some ancient prime who for some reason wants revenge so he wants to use a sun harvester to destroy a sun. sorry but all that is ludicrous, especially when it's all explained 90 mins into the movie.

3. err76

err76 Well-Known Member

Went and saw it, screw the Bay haters and screw the critics. The movie was equally good if not better than the first. Bay gave everybody what they wanted which was more robots and more fighting and now everyone is pissed that he could not squeeze more story into it, well then to hell with them.

Only things that I could have done without was Sam's roommate and maybe scale back the twins a little.

Good movie, well worth the 14$ I payed and going to be worth the 25$ I pay to see it on IMAX next week.

4. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

At the time the Cons had no clue where Sam was, yet she showed up at his college and bumped into him without notifying her resurrected leader? Then again I am nitpicking.

I guess that makes sense about the Fallen, but that makes him a wimp in my book. He had such an advantage over Optimus. Hundreds of thousands of years of experience and the ability to teleport and leave a wave of destruction when he ported, Prime would have got spanked.

The Fallen caught a beat down from Prime because he wasn't expecting it (and I'm ok with that Prime is and always has been the bot) :) 

5. manskymak

manskymak Member

I had watched move 2 , it is a good films . I think better than move 1 .

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about the shitload of time without energon on a crashed ship? That probably made him weaker as well.

7. Thundercraper

Thundercraper Voyager

Saw it yesterday and boy was it awesome, but unfortunatly I saw it with three friends two who know nothing about transformers and one only saw cybertron and thought it was amazing, and thinks Soundwave is an autobot who combines with Optimus, so I had to explain a lot, other then that the movie was amazing and I am seeing it again tomorrow

8. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Saw it, and it may not be the best plot ever, and it got random and silly at times, but it was downright incredible.

:bay 

9. Spirawobble

Spirawobble Member

ROTF

Been a fan of this site for a while but only just registered. Have been reading the bitching and moaning back and forth about this movie so I thought I would offer my OPINION. Just a few things to get out of the way:

Firstly, I liked the first movie. Although it could have been better but it was very enjoyable.

Secondly, I'm not a big fan of Michael Bay ( I think he represents everything that is wrong with mainstream hollywood today ) but I did like The Rock and Bad Boys was fun.

Thirdly, I wouldn't be put off by what so called critics say about a movie.

Now, ROTF:

Well to be honest I thought that it was a bit of a disaster.

Okay the visual effects were fantastic and the action scenes ( particularly the forest fight ) were pretty good. It was great to see Optimus being a badass.

The story was shaky to say the least. Yes, it's a Michael Bay - directed summer event movie but that doesn't mean you can't have a good solid story with some interesting characters. Star Trek and Terminator:Salvation were summer event movies and they were a hell of a lot better in the story and character department than ROTF.

There were too many filler scenes and way too much exposition. This is a sign of lazy writers just looking for their big cheque. And the humour was puerile nonsense ( Devastator demeaned by having wrecking balls as testicles ). It didn't even attempt to be clever.

Some of the characters could be broken down into 2 simple categories:

1. Underused - Sideswipe, Sideways, Devastator, Volt, The Constructicons in their individual robot modes, Lennox, Epps, Ironhide, Ratchet, Soundwave

2. Incredibly annoying - Sam's f**king roommate, The Twins, The Doctor, Jetfire

Hardly any Robot characterisation and not enough Autobot interaction. I believe most of us didn't pay the admission fee just to watch Shia and Megan.

Realistically, if Bay had cut out alot of the s**t, he could have trimmed the movie by half an hour and made it an altogether tighter, more enjoyable experience. There was no need for us to see Sam's mother getting high, Simmons didn't need to return ( although he was more entertaining in this one ) etc.

Other gripes:

The way Devastator died

Where was Barricade? Are we to believe that he was a casualty of the fight between the Decepticons and the Autobots/ NEST in the last two years? ( He disappeared at the end of the first movie )

Why can't Bumblebee talk? He did at the finish of the last film!

If any of the above two are explained in the comics please let me know.

I'm going to see it a second time, not looking forward to it, but I feel that I have to give it a second chance.

Based on some of the previous posts that I've read, I would just like to say that the above is my OPINION of ROTF. That's all, just an opinion. And if you don't like my opinion, well, that's your problem.

Sorry it's so f**king longwinded.

10. TerexO&K

TerexO&K Front Shovel

Covered in Transformers: Alliance

11. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Saw it twice so far, will be seeing it again. Here's my brief pros/cons list:

Cons:
    - Didn't like the Pretender thing; it was corny with that tongue thing and all. Plus there was no development of the idea.
    - Should've given more backstory to the Fallen other than "he was on Earth once, and the Primes took the matrix from him, and now he's chilling on the Nemesis for some reason".
    - Devastator's destruction was way too cheap.
    - Need more Jolt
    - Constructiclones & Grindor were kind of lazy ways to reuse character models
    - Simmons in jockstrap was unnecessary
    - Sideways should've put up more of a fight, he basically let Sideswipe kill him

Pros:
    - Better plot
    - More robot screentime
    - The Nemesis scene was great, as robot-to-robot interaction is good
    - Fight scenes were excellent
    - The Twins were great
    - Devastator was awesome, balls weren't that big of a deal
    - Prime made up for getting beat up in the last movie
    - Soundwave, despite not transforming, was really cool
    - Ravage was awesome
    - Sideswipe was awesome
    - Powered Optimus was really awesome
    - Plot was better than the one in the first one
    - Better acting than TF1
    - Better dialogue than TF1
    - Humor worked better than in TF1, even if they might've overdone it
    - Jetfire was great
    - Action was fantastic, definitely more "explosive" than in TF1

4.5/5 rating from me.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed Revenge of the Fallen, think it's better than the first one, and think that critics are simply determined to hate ROTF no matter what but it's the casual moviegoers who count, and so far I have only heard "It's awesome!" from many friends and acquaintances who have also seen this movie.

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    It's definitely not a kids movie. And I don't mean that in a "it's a movie based on toys" way, I mean with the crude jokes, the language, the sex scenes, the drug references, the death scenes for humans and robots, it was NOT a kids movie. And I don't have kids.

I wont bother to repeat the other 289 pages of reviews, other than to agree with just about all of them. I just got back from the IMAX showing, and I will say, spend the money for the IMAX version, audibly, visually, the best way to see it. However, the parents that were bringing their kids were even looking at their kids most of the time through the jokes. That's not the sign of a good movie.

Is it a summer action flick, yes. Is it winning an Academy Award, no. I could have done without about 3/4 of the in jokes. And a big SLAP to the writer who tried to invoke emotions through an overused Prime death scene, a Buster Witwicky this is my destiny plot and the use of the Matrix for anything.

My final summary is that it was a facepalm of fun.

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Saw it again today which was probably a bad idea as I did not enjoy it the second time at all. Felt like I was being force fed all this excitement of just one exclamation point after an another with the end result of not being entertained at all. Aside from the Prime fight in the forest and the opening bit in Shanghai I do not like this movie at all.

14. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but when the air force is bombing the Egyptian villaige, I could've sworn I saw Chromia jumping to avoid the shockwave. It's near the upper left corner, and it's a real blink-and-you-miss-it moment, but I'm almost positive it was the Chromster.

15. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, forgot about that factor, lol.

I will watch it again this weekend and take my 4 year old son but have to explain why the Autobots are cussing and calling people names and he should never repeat it.

Since all the other movies and shows we watch together the bad guys are the insulting potty mouths.

Shot myself in the foot promising him I would take him to see it before watching it first.

Hopefully I will be less critical since I know what's coming.

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Face it... He'll repeat it eventually. :lol 

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
  18. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

eh i remember renting a gundam wing vhs and i couldn't find a rating on the box. so i was cussing at about 8

19. Kevin164

Kevin164 Rinky Dink Cartoonist

I saw it today. Sadly I can't take my son to see this one. Maybe when he's older and can handle the sexual humor on top of the Twins dialogue, he can then watch it on Blu-Ray. For me I came away with the writing being so close to getting it, yet there is all these missed opportunities.

Susan Blu as Arcee with so little screen time. She would've been a more welcomed character over the twins. At least a good buffer between their crassness since Bumblebee couldn't speak.

Soundwave underused.

The overuse of the same CGI characters like the green dumptruck. That guy was everywhere. Get him a better pay grade and some Decepticon perks he deserves it.

Devastator's extremities?

So, when did Megatron crash on earth in order to get frozen? How does that work with Fallen's earlier visit? There is something screwy with the timeline.

Overall I don't hate this movie. I walked away entertained, but these questions and observations stick out in my head.

20. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

it was more like the cartoon and reminded me beast wars. and the and thwe vihicls in devastator don't have robot modes, the constructicons are seperat characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.