The One and Only Official “I have seen the movie!” Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Just got back from seeing it in IMAX and wow what a difference. I seen it last night at midnight in regular theaters and it doesn't even compare to the IMAX. The screen was close to 4times the size of the regular one if not more, sound was amazing, and it made the forest scene and devastator much more epic.

2. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    According to my sister who saw it, it sucked and she declared it to be the worst movie she've seen in a long time.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I can understand the cussing in the movie, suprised there isn't more of it.

If you saw a bunch of 10story robots fighting and about to get you, you're not going to scream "OH RUBBERFLUCKY CUPCAKES !" ,
    You'll be more like "OH FUUUUUUUUU******!!

4. Wolfwood390

Wolfwood390 Well-Known Member

awesome, which IMAX did you go to? I saw it twice today in regular theaters. How much longer are the extended scenes?

5. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I see a problem forming here. All the fans who liked the movie will be considered the "lowbrow fans" by those who didn't like the movie, AKA the "classy fans". Because a lot of what I'm reading is a lot of "classy fans" deriding anyone who liked the film.

My guess is, the reviews will even out and RoTF will get a slightly lower score than the original.

6. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Beast Wars movie = dream come true

I really, really wanted to love this movie. But in the end, I think it's just decent. Michael Bay gives us more robot action, but less character (from humans and robots alike)

I'm confused as to how Orci and Kurtzman can write such compelling characters in Star Trek and almost...not try so hard with Transformers. The writer's strike may have been to blame, but the plot did seem condescending at times. Like when Sam appears in dream world after dying? What's that all about?

I, like all fans, appreciate more of the Transformers lore in the movies. Unfortunately, this isn't really the history we're used to. If you go in expecting an all-new universe ala Armada or RID, you're set. (I guess I should've picked this up from the first movie, but the subtle references to G1 kept tripping me up)

I'm not big on being "politically correct," but Skids and Mudflap are really offensive and it's not okay.

We get more robot action and less shaky camera! Unfortunately, the robot designs make it so that it's still hard to tell who's who. Is that Blackout or Megatron? Or Starscream? Wait, didn't Blackout die in the first movie? It doesn't matter because chances are, by the time you identify them, they're dead.

TF2 has more robot screentime, but that doesn't necessarily mean more character. I already talked about Mudflap and Skids. We do finally get a classic Megatron-Starscream relationship in one scene, and Jetfire has a weird Shakespearean thing going on. But none of the other characters, even Bumblebee, have much personality in this film. The audience doesn't care for these characters. And it's important to address this issue, because it's something that's carrying over from the first movie. Also, if kids don't care for the robots, they're not going to buy the toys. AND LESS TOY SALES MEANS LESS MONEY, HASBRO.

I feel kind of dirty after watching this movie, like I'm encouraging Hasbro to wipe Transformers of their personalities and just make them beat the sh*t out of each other. Robot personalities were what made Transformers different from other toylines and shows, like Go-bots, and interesting character designs are what've sustained this franchise for so long.

I actually thought Megan Fox did a good job in this movie. She cried, she looked sad, she looked angry, and I liked her despite Michael Bay's creepy attempts to turn her into a sex doll. Shia did a great job and we still need to see Josh Duhamel shirtless, dammit. I was mildly interested in Sam and Mikaela's story. None of the other humans really had stories, though Alice was super freaky and awesome, and this room for character development wasn't really used to showcase the robots. Thank god we have Julie White playing Sam's forever-quirky mom. They should just make the sequel Transformers 3: Revenge of Sam's Mom.

There were a lot more funny moments in this movie (and none of them were from Mudflap and Skids).

"Turn your brain off." That's a start. Expect 'Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li' and you'll be fine. Now when's the next Transformers cartoon coming?

7. Man utd prime

Man utd prime Ass Kicker...

Wow i finally know what those tiny ball bots are, scraplets.

I must agree that there was a lack of introduction of the robots and people who did not do some research on the appearing character will be wondering who the heck thy are staring at all the time. It seems only Soundwave, Fallen, Devastator could be identified well. I'm fine with Jolt, at least his name is called out by Ratchet.

But anyway, jokes never got old, the entire cinema laughed at every one, applauses could be heard here and there. Cinema was dead silent during prime's death. Sideways and demolishor could at least have a few lines, demo. was killed too easily, Sideways could have at least fought with Sideswipe. Arcee and the clones just seem weird.

WTF is barricade??????? And the twins arent racists, the forest scene was just majestic.

8. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

ok I saw it again last night...it does not hold up that well to repeat viewings ..only the parts with Prime and the scenes with Megs and Starscream hold up...

I kept wishing I had a fast forward button to skip all the pointless crap in it...I thought Primes death was pointless and only served to let the annoying Ghettobots chew up Precious screen time....

Really Prime could have stayed alive and just merged the Matrix and Jetfires spark at the end and it would have been the same thing ...the death scene was like I said pointless ..he should have just been on the verge of dying that way we could have had him at least speaking throughout the movie to the other autobots...opportunity wasted...also the army guys lennox and epps are terribly under used...instead we get shia running around at college acting like a douch bag...fucking pointless. and all that stupid humor and shots of chicks asses come on..was bay jerking off to the raw footage in the editing room?...grow up Bay!..all the interesting things are few and far between the heaps of Bayshit...the writing was really sloppy and the movie was edited so badly it felt like three different movies were spliced together to form one crap pile..

I cant believe my opinion Transformed from good to bad about this movie on only the second viewing..I loved the Prime scenes and his voice is amazing, it commands attention and was unfortunately under utilized for this sequel...

I know this movie will still make money..hell armageddon did and that movie was a giant piece of crap....I hope they do get at least a new director for the 3rd movie

9. messi

messi Well-Known Member

The MOVIE was terrible. Movies aren't made of 5 or 6 cool parts. You sound very young, but the film itself is a mess, the editing, the story, everything is all over the place. Just because suddenly there is banter between Megatron and Starscream doesn't mean "ohh they put it in! Sweet! What an awesome movie!"

10. messi

messi Well-Known Member

people shouldn't need to read a comic to have a better grasp of the film. that's ludicrous. People didn't have to read anything related to Transformers 1 to enjoy it.

11. jazzimusprime27

jazzimusprime27 Well-Known Member

Okay just to clear things up for some people, Demolisher was killed and the excavator that made up Devy's torso goes by the name of Scavenger. That is all.

12. messi

messi Well-Known Member

Jesus, you are an incredible apologist. look around the internet, look at basically every review. What the guy is saying is right, the plot and characters are everywhere and it's silly.

13. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

What a day.

I decided to take my Nephew to see the movie, he's a big Transformers fan. I decided to not tell him that we were going to see it, I told him that we were going to the zoo. Little did he know there was an IMAX at the zoo. as we were walking up to the entrance of the theater he saw the signs for ROTF and commented on how much he wanted to see the movie. It was then I turned around and looked at him and told him that we weren't going to the zoo, we were going to see ROTF at the IMAX. His eyes bugged out like crazy, and he was in heaven.

The movie itself was awesome. The action was great, and so was the story.

When it was all done and we left the movie, we talked about it. He told me that his favorite character was Wheelie. I made a decision, then and there, that we were going to TRU after dinner and get him Wheelie. He went crazy again. After dinner (at BK so he could get his ROTF toy in the kids meal) I got him Wheelie, and I got his sister Chromia (since she likes girl TFs).

While driving him home he told me that he had the best day of his life. That made it all the money spent and all the driving (he lives 2 hours from me, and the IMAX was a half hour from where he lives) worthwhile.

14. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Okay... my two bits.
    The movie was awesome. Because it was a TRANSFORMER movie.
    Generally these animated tv shows - to - movies blow ass and it was a miracle that the first one was good, and the second is too. Because it's about freakin' TRANSFORMERS.

The posts in this thread really had me worried and nervous about this movie. Fart jokes, the Jar-Jar Binks twins, etc.

It was FINE.

The Twins were in it a lot less than I had expected. They were silly, but they didn't have as much screen time as some had said. Some goes for little wheelie. The fart joke (Jetfire's parachute) I wouldn't even have noticed if someone hadn't pointed it out.
    As for Soundwave (he and Shockwave tie for my favorite Transformers) I thought it was entirely fitting that he didn't transform into "Earth" mode. Wasn't Soundwave's title communications/episonage anyway?? Ravage was freaking awesome, he had 2 side cannons just like the G1 figure!! Devasator had the right amount of screen time, the balls didn't bother me although I was shocked they were so blatant.

As a Transformer fan, that movie delivered and the movie flew by. Can't wait to see it again. As for my wife and uncle, they were amused but both were checking their watches.

I can nitpick later as the months go by, but for now I'm just astonished at how much fun it was to watch.

15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

not terrible. not great. mediocre-average. terrible movies have no cool parts

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    From what I can see this movie franchise is like the TMNT live action trilogy

First one is okay and the next step is down and then
    TF3 might be like TMNT 3 and you know how bad it was.
    Here let the Nostlalgia Critic remind you
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movies

17. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

have you actually seen the movie

18. Orochi_Rockman

Orochi_Rockman Well-Known Member

Thinking back, wasn't there an episode of G1 where Megatron was after some kind of sun powered super lazer that was for some reason on top of a pyramid or something? I think maybe he needed a big ruby or something to focus the beam with? When Devastator was sucking up the pyramid and the top of the harvestor appeared I remembered this and chuckled.

19. Orochi_Rockman

Orochi_Rockman Well-Known Member

Oh come on now, who couldn't love Roid Rage Super Shredder.

20. Autobot_Zak

Autobot_Zak Well-Known Member

I am happy and grateful we even get a transformers movie. I thought the story was better than the first. This is what the first one should of been like. Anyways i can say i am satisfied and pleased!! I watched it twice today one in regular and the other Imax. I didnt notice any extra scenes or anything with the Imax version!! I think soundwave was awesome and liked how they did the voice. I am a big fan of G1, but i like it because its a different approach with little G1 elements in it. Overall i really enjoyed this movie and plan to see it couple more times!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.