The One and Only Official “I have seen the movie!” Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheSpacebridge, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

I was dragged to this movie, and while I hated the first film, the atrocity that is ROTF makes the first movie look like a masterpiece. I literally felt embarrassed as I watched this train-wreck unfold. You could cut about an hour of absolute trash out of this film and maybe make it somewhat salvageable, if for nothing else than the action scenes.

The shitty plot, characters, and so on aside, what the hell was with the "humor" in this film? Was this a teen sex comedy or a fucking kids movie? Random sex jokes and potty humor get thrown into the mix (WAY too often) as if Beavis and Butthead had a hand in writing the script. What the hell is wrong with you, Michael Bay? You know this is a damn TRANSFORMERS movie, right? You seem to have alienated every audience that this film could possibly be geared toward, and the twins? Even I'm having a hard time not seeing them as racially insensitive, and I'm not a PC kind of person AT ALL.

This (slightly modified) quote from the movie Billy Madison
    sums up my feelings pretty well:

"Mr. Bay, what you've just made is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent story were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational plot. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having seen it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

My eyes actually hurt from rolling so much. I will not spend one more single cent in support of this film, it's merchandise, or anything that Michael Bay touches ever again. I'm gonna go hide until this mess blows over or until I see something new from the Transformers universe that doesn't make me cringe, whichever comes first.

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Once slapped a goose

News Credits:
    Standing up and being counted as one of those who saw it and loved it. Prime's fight in the forest was dropdead (no pun intended) beautiful. I need this score ASAP

3. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I enjoyed it, beyond my expectations.

The bad:

- Bay and his tricks. He looks dated now, and forced. The addition of hot girls is cheap.
    - Skids and Mudflap look like Will Smith and Martin Lawrance, acting like Chris Tucker.
    - Megan Fox looks like Tea Leoni in the first Bad Boys.
    - LOTS of cliché. The "let me see this straight" moment with Jetfire is tiresome.
    - Irregular pace. A huge scene with the T3 at the college, and just a footnote for Megatron's ressurection.
    - Megatron has a "Master"?????? Who is he, a Sith?

The Good:

- Transformers, FINALLY. Seriously, everything about them (well, except the designs... :horse: ). Lots of fight, lots of dialogue, lots of characters. Too bad it was only two and a half hours long, or we could have seen more of it.
    - The plot. Really. It was like a FRIGGIN G1 CARTOON!!! Hate this all you want, but "destroying the sun" was sucked right out of our sunday mornings. I loved it.
    - Oh, and more G1!!!! Combination with Jetfire was right out of any of the japanese series! The parts FLEW to him! A lot of "in your face" for those who liked the designs because it would depart from the cartoon. Ha-ha.
    - Devastator. Except for the testicles joke (see The Bad about Bay above), that's exactly how I expected him to be. Really well executed.
    - Jetfire and Turturro are awesome. They kinda save the "let me get this straight" moment.
    - Megatron and Starscream. At last, we see the interaction between them.

It was not a good movie, but it was a good Transformers movie. I hope I can watch it again next week.

4. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought he was, but the toy is a downer.

5. devstar37

devstar37 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  6. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Well I really couldn't care less about what other people thought. I loved the movie, as long as I loved it. Movies are like music, some people hate the song but other people like it.

It was a good fun movie and had a very good story.

7. deathprime

deathprime age old noob

this one fixed everything I disliked about the first one:

1. comedy moments do not directly break up large action scenes, they are instead filtered in between them
    2. robots got more focus and were much more life like
    3. lack of a bunch of useless subplots
    4. a lot more obvious deaths(seems more realistic)

8. starscream-99

News Credits:
    What do you mean dragged? Were you going to get shot in the head if you didn't go see it?

9. starscream-99

News Credits:
  10. Man utd prime

Man utd prime Ass Kicker...

Can anyone tell me why there are 2 constructicons??? What is the name of the last bike bolt. And why scorponok bothers to stay in the sand for 2 years?

Also, how does Megs fly to Cybertron in like 5 minutes, and what the hell are those balls ravage drop into the chamber.

Anyway, KICK ASS MOVIE!!! LOVED the ripping of blackout's face.

11. Richard Prime

Richard Prime Banned

yeah that toy was a downer but hey I going to get it

12. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

Just to let everyone know, I live in London, so I saw it before it came out today (Wednesday the 24th), but I waited to give my response until it came out in the US and Canada.

I thought the movie was great. My thoughts on the movie is that it was worth the wait (it was a very long time!!) and it definitely lived up to the hype. Lots more action, more Transformers screen time and lots more Transformers/human dialogue and Prime was the man in this one.

Of course the movie isn't perfect, I don't think ANY movie is. With this movie, there were quite a few plotholes, some of the jokes and some of the dialogue weren't necessary, some of the robots could've had more screen time instead of the crude and humourless jokes (Jolt, Arcee could've had more screen time for example) and the action was too fast and some parts of the movie was cut short and done very hastily (Ravage's scene at the NEST HQ).

So despite the bad stuff about the movie, I definitely loved it, it was worth the wait. I hope that with TF3, they will take all the stuff from the 1st movie and this one and make the third one better, that is, to cut down on the jokes, make it fresh, give the Transformers more screen time and dialogue and more interaction with the humans and Transformers and more action and also to slow the action down, at times, it was just too fast.

13. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    If you thought this movie was "brilliantly written and clever drama", you don't watch many real movies and WAAAAY too much "reality tv". The movie is HORRIBLY written (especially once you realize the same writers wrote the FAR BETTER Star Trek reboot).

Same voices, just less synthesized. They simplified ALL the voices.

Agree 100%. The Audience collectively hurled when Turturo's ass is hanging out in 45% of the screen. No one wanted to see that. Parents were shocked.
    Add to that all the sex talk, and I'd strongly suggest that Michael Bay be chemically castrated. The man's libido is way out of control.

The twins weren't just racially insensitive, but downright openly racist, basically saying "Michael Bay thinks all black men use ghetto talk, and are ignorant thug mo-fos." Remember Jazz was ghetto, as well.

Hope to god Uwe Bolle gets to make the 3rd Transformer movie... even he can't F* up as badly.

14. Richard Prime

Richard Prime Banned

I like it how the contructicons just killed the other one of they own they like " parts we have parts right here"

Where

Start killing him

Damn that a epic scene

15. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

I'm still recovering from last night's showing, and I intend on watching it today again since I took the day off. I'm probably going to see it because 1 watching of it is such a fast moving affair at times that I missed things, and frankly on a giant ass screen it's a fun movie to watch.

Stuff I loved:
    The Twins. Yes, I thought they were kept to a small enough amount of time that they were funny, and everything a young autobot should be in the end, brave to the point of stupidity.

Wheelie. I loved the smartass mouth on him.

The epic desert scenes.

Simmons. Holy crap I loved Turturro in this movie.

Screen time for the minor characters. I know it's popular to complain about certain bots not seeing enough screen time, but I thought they worked in a TON of bots in a limited about of time. It's not the Ironhide movie or Ratchet movie (which could be interesting in their own right in theory), it's a Transformers movie and we got a ton of him.

Megatron / Starscream interaction. Very much like G1.

Stuff I didn't love:
    Sam goes to Autobot / Prime Heaven, er something or other. My wife actually laughed at that part, I thought it was meh at best. I could see what they were trying to do, I just didn't like it.

I thought Josh and Tyrese were kind of wasted, and I liked their characters in the first one, so that was a disappointment.

The Fallen. I dunno, he was kind of blah to me, and if I hadn't been reading the boards I would have been royally confused about him.

Alice. I just didn't see the need for it.

The oddball tension between Sam and Mikaela. At least that's what I felt like.

Stuff I hated:
    Nothing. I didn't absolutely hate anything, because I knew what to expect from a Bay Transformers film, and I got exactly what I wanted.

I enjoyed it a lot. It put it right behind the first one, but that's probably because the first one... I didn't know what to expect. This time I knew what I was getting in regards to the bots and cons, so the "wow" factor wore off a bit.

16. sdc312

sdc312 New Member

I just read about the "brain scan" scene. I'm a little squeemish, what did it entail?

17. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

I have to say I love this movie. I read that some do not like it but hey it is a movie. I am also proud that the Transformers genre has this much of a following. I remember back in 1997 when Spawn was in theaters and I thought this is huge. ROTF made that film look miniscule. Here are my pro's and con's with this movie.

Pro's:
    -More dynamics in Decepticon scenes (i.e. Megatron and Starscream's interactions)
    -G1ish story design
    -Tons of Transformers characters
    -The Autobot Matix of Leadership...I thought Michael Bay was going to skip out on that one entirely
    -Long/more visible action sequences

Con's
    -Jetfire dying too soon:( 
    -Soundwave just attached to a satellite the whole time...I really thought he would have come down and chosen an earth mode...maybe in part 3:) 

That's all I can think of for now

18. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I caught the midnight show and i have to agree with some of the things already mentioned from the person who started the thread. one thing I didn't understand was none of the constructicons form devestator. example, demolisher was the first decepticon you see in the movie and he gets taken offline by optimus prime, yet you see something that looks like him to form devestator. all the "constructicons were fighting while devestator was running a muck on the pyramid. story doesn't make sense at all.
    again poor character development, especially for some of the new characters. Yes megs and screamer had their moment which was good but thats it. Bumblebee still can't talk which is aggrevating.
    don't like the representation of the twins and thaught they were more annoying than anything. jetfire was horrible and I knew i wasn't gonna like him from the trailers i saw.

it did have a lot of action and special effects but it takes more than that to make a good movie.

overall a good movie for movie goers but not a great movie for transformers fans

19. sideswipe45

sideswipe45 AUTOBOT

Best movie i've ever seen ! But you need to see it in imax to fully enjoy this superb movie.

20. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Watched the midnight showing last night.

While I did enjoy it very much as a typical Bay movie, there were a few issues that made me feel like more editting or at least a follow up on story continuity could've been done.

The main issue being Devastator being is made up of Constructicons, yet Long Haul, Mixmaster, Rampage, and Scrapper are at the other battle scene while Devastator is uncovering the pyramid. And Demolisher dying in the beginning, or at least we're led to believe he died, and then showing up when Devastator merges.

Other than that, it was entertainment that's expected from a Bay movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.