The ONE AND ONLY, END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spoiler, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    Thats a good one too

2. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

I still say Galvy or Rodimus Prime.

3. JAF

JAF 1984

1. Dinobots: Snarl, Swoop, Snarl, Slag - in that order
    2. Blitzwing
    3. Astrotrain
    4. Brawn - MP minibot would RULE
    5. Shockwave

You listening HasTak?

4. capellamusic

capellamusic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How about a Masterpiece Dinobot for 2011?

(EDIT: This was originally a thread I started which was merged into this one, so I updated the text in order to make sense as post in a thread and not the starting of a thread)

Hi,

Before anyone misunderstands this post: I didn't see any announcement for a Masterpiece Dinobot figure anywhere.

I'm writing this post just to share some thoughts that crossed my mind. In 2011 (next year) will be the 15th Beast Wars anniversary, and I don't know if TakaraTomy or Hasbro have any special commemorative plans thought out yet, but I think the best way to commemorate the 15th Beast Wars anniversary would be to release a Masterpiece Dinobot figure. It's one of the best Transformers characters ever, it truly deserves the Masterpiece treatment. I wish TakaraTomy and Hasbro could see real interest in this and make a bet on this figure in the right time next year. They've got plently of time to work on this!

Do you people think we could all make a lot of noise to make them consider this? I think that with a lot of talk we could be heard by them.

What are your opinions on this? I think they REALLY should do it for next year as a commemoration, it's the right time, and there's still time to do it!

Take care everyone

(I'm posting this also on seibertron)

EDIT: For those who don't know Dinobot: Dinobot (BW) - Teletraan I: the Transformers Wiki - Transformers 2, Revenge of The Fallen, Animated, Toys

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Eh, Henkei works fine. If they're gonna do any BW character in the MP line, it would be Megatron or Primal.

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

as much as i love Dinobot i gotta agree that while he does deserve a MP there are far better choices. I only say this because there are far more iconic character that deserve one to...

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    For future reference, NEVER link to transformers.wikia.com. Do tfwiki.net instead.

9. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because I'd like to see it, I vote for Rhinox.

10. AMG

AMG Old School

Dinobot would be cool, but I would rather see a Masterpiece TM Megatron instead.

11. Tm Tarantulas

Tm Tarantulas Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    the original was pretty spot on

rhinox needs a new toy.

12. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP's from Beast Wars would be rather tricky especially concerning Primal and Megatron. Their original figures did them justice as it was. In Dinobot's case, the Henkei just about works fine. (Except for the tail weapons. The original got that down perfectly.)

Really, if one takes the point of the Masterpiece line to be improving characters to the point of near-perfection, the two Beast Wars characters who could really benefit from it would be Big Convoy and Magmatron. Big Convoy's a great figure, but the kibble is freakishly excessive and even something the size of an MP Seeker or Grimlock would open things up for a smoother transformation with less kibble. In Magmatron's case, the beast modes are forced to allow for some gratuitously revealed robot parts; something easily corrected with a bigger size and updated transformation.

Unfortunately, neither of those two are anywhere near as iconic as others in the Beast Wars cast, but if we're talking strictly figures who could be greatly improved at MP size; those two'd be my picks.

13. capellamusic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why? I didn't see anything offensive in that site and it had what I needed. In fact, I sometimes use it.

14. capellamusic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Regarding a Masterpiece Dinobot, after seeing the general reaction to my thoughts it seems very few people would want it. Oh well, that makes it unlikely to happen. At least I've got both the amazing Henkei version, plus the 2007 TakaraTomy reissue, which is also amazing. I wonder if they'll make more reissues next year.

15. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am a supporter of Beast Wars integrated into Masterpiece, but I would rather have an incarnation of Primal than Dinobot. Primal always stood out more to me.

Nevertheless, if Masterpiece doesn't do it, (and it really doesn't have to) lets still hope for something cool to be done for next year's 15th anniversary. Beast Wars forever!

16. capellamusic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind both being made as Masterpieces :)  . And yes, apart from Masterpiece treatment, I also still hope for something cool to be done next year as a Beast Wars commemoration.

17. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What they need to do is create a masterpiece gestalt figure and release it one piece at a time. I'd be all about Menasor as a starting point. Release figures that are somewhere around alternators' size, and a big-ass motormaster to go in the middle, and let us end up with something that is the size of Fort Max when its put together.

18. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A fanboys dream... that would be pretty sweet. a MP Devastator.... make them all Grimlock/Starscream size.

19. reptileman

reptileman Well-Known Member

Slag,Snarl,Sludge,Swoop,Galvatron,Cyclonus,Ultra Magnus Armor,Blitzwing,Astrotrain,Sixshot,Soundwave,Blaster,Ironhide,Jazz,Prowl,
    Ratchet,Skyfire,Octane,Scourge,Blurr,Stunticons,Constructicons,Combaticons,
    Aerialbots,Springer,Rodimus,Omega Supreme,Coneheads,Shockwave..............the list goes on forever and ever.

20. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Triplechanger FTW! My preference would be Blitzwing, followed by Astrotrain w/ an old school train.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.