The Official Transformers Reboot TFW2005 Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RoadBuster88, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I do like some of your ideas. Maybe swap out Tidal Wave with Trypticon. Second movie sounds good but maybe leave out the Vok. I think Unicron would work better as a decepticon creation/secret weapon but it works the way you have it to get the bots and cons to have to fight together against a common foe. & 3rd movie keep 2 1/2 hours max for theaters with directors cut the longer 3-4 hours.

2. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I don't know about a series, but i'd love a traditionally animated film, set during the peak of the great war on an unspecified planet (maybe cybertron) that just follows a (relatively) small group of autobots, led by a younger Optimus who are part of a huge autobot army about to launch an assault on some decepticon base. At the same time we follow a young Megatron and his group, and they have frequent run-ins with Optimus and his team.....evetually at the end theres a huge battle; both autobot and decepticon leaders die, Optimus is appointed a prime by everyone else, everyone thinks the war is over, but Megatron brutally takes over the decepticons and declares that a new reign of terror has begun (that sounds incredibly cheesy) and this could lead to a sequel where perhaps the autobots go to earth....in terms of style i'd quite like it to be like saving private ryan, with the complex battle scenes.....
    ....so yeah, thats what i'd like to see happen. It never will, but still

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I chose Tidal Wave because It's not G1 and i think he'd be a lot believable as a Decepticon Warship then Trypticon.

Second the VOK are agents of Unicron created back when the universe first began, without realizing the dangerous reprecussions he would have on the universe.

Optimus Prime isn't a boring typical leader that can just defeat all the Decepticons. He'd be a lot like Optimus Primal by personality (sees a life Precious and age wise), has the Cybertron's versions (Care for the universe and tries to convince Megatron to change his ways) and Animated (By Rank and down to Earth). He'd be a fire truck simmilar to DOTM Sentinel Prime.

Megatron isn't as evil as other version. He'd be Optimus's rival in almost everything, Like Prime he isn't fully in command of the Decepticons. He has other Decepticons like Overlord in charge. He believes that only he could restore Cybertron to it's glory. He is brillaint and cunning (Like Beast Wars), The Armada/BM's version sense of Honor and the Animated Megatron's master plans. Despite his "so called sense of honor" he is manipulaitve and threatens his minions to be in line. I think of him as a bot whose ideals are idealistic (provided he rules Cybertron), He would transform into a B2 Spirit Bomber with Fusion Canon bomber.

The Autobots are emergency and self defence vehicles while Decepticons are stealthy and or warmongering vehicles.

4. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I think to the general movie going audience, unless trypticon was a t-rex, he wouldn't be any less believeable than Tidal wave. To us fans maybe, but not general audiences. Just MHO.

5. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Agreed. Making a movie is delicate not like having 20+ episode TV seasons to tell a wide story dripping in details. You've got 2 1/2 hrs to do the job.

I think one thing that was never touched upon on the current movies was the art of Deception - not convincingly anyway. One of Autobot's pressure points is not endangering sentient life and respecting the wishes of that life.

The Decepticon's in a new movie should turn the people against the Autobots through Deception in order to create a distraction to allow them to achieve a secondary objective e.g. creating energon.

Removing the military might is must - the ability to destroy Transformers with relative ease is a no-no especially with earth tech.

This is not an exhaustive wishlist but certainly Megatron has died twice and Optimus Prime once over three movies. Transformer fatalities should be lessened to increase the gravity of a death.

6. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Great idea :) 

I would love to see things being approached more serious and with a darker tone. I have this scene in my head whixh goes a bit like this:

'TRANSFORMERS' TITLE SCREEN

- the camera pans from the stars to Earth below (yes much like Star Wars). We see a young boy (Sam Witwicky) driving an old car, in the middle of a hot summer night. He looks a bit scared. Then we see the boy is chased by a group of thugs on motorcycles. We don't know what happened, but they want to lynch the boy. They are VERY angry.

- Sam manages to escape the thugs by taking the car off road, and BAM. Car breaks down. We hear a soft summer breeze blow through the wind, and we see another shot of the clear midnight blue skie filled with thousand of stars. We see a shot of the scenery. Only trees and pastures, as far as the eye can see. A few small houses here and there. It's very dark. Sam gets out of the car, lucky to be alive, but is now irritated because his car has given up on him. Just as he is about to open the hood, he hears a noise somewhere in the bushes. At first Sam is a bit scared, but then he decides to check out where the sound comes from. Slowly, and very alert, the sweat drops visible on Sam's forehead he walks up to the place where the sound is coming from. The sound sounds a little 'metallic' but also emotional at the same time, as if some kind of alien creature is in great pain. Sam walks up to the bushes and there we see it:

A robot, heavily damaged, lies in the bushes. The robot is scared. It must be here alone. They stare into each other's eyes. It's BUMBLEBEE. Sam is not scared anymore. He feels compassion for this alien creature.

NEXT SCENE.

I was thinking about something like this :) 

7. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

Not much of a writer but a good idea would be to keep the story simple. Look at Thor, X-men and FastFive for recent examples; nice simple premises which allows the audience to dive straight in and enjoy the action :) 

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I would like to see a series start with rodimus. Rod struggled with the death of Optimus his mentor and pretty much a father to him. As the movie goes on you see flashbacks of a young rod and optimus that show how they came down to earth and it will show how O.p made the ultimate sacrifice to save earth. While in modern time rodimus has to find a hidden cybertronian artifact that can help end megatons army but the only problem is that optimus hid it because it was to powerful and only 2 people know the location and the optimus and his brother ultra magnus. But ultra magnus is hiding because he does not want to fight anymore. Pretty much at the end the item the matrix and the decepticons are trying to summon and ancient evil who is unicron ( but is only about 50 feet tall and is more like a demon then a planet.)

9. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol, I already have a script written that I'm going to pitch/send to Hasbro soon.

10. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Really? Good luck.

11. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

Wow, this is some good stuff guys. I have some ideas, but mainly it's a redoing of the three Bayverse films. It would be a triology with a mix-up of the three movies that Michael Bay made. The first one will be similiar to TF:War for Cybertron and the next two will be a mash up of the good stuff of the first three Bay films.

12. XGL Walker

XGL Walker Well-Known Member

I would like to see that, i have some ideas for a first movie myself, but I feel like im taking to much stuff from G1, and when i get to the climax of the movie i dont know what to do, everything has been done in the Bayverse already.

13. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I think that any reboot should start off skipping all of the arrival stuff. Instead show the 'Bots and 'Cons as having already been on Earth for awhile and having already made contact with a group of humans, with the how and why being reserved for flashbacks.

14. sideswipeprime*

sideswipeprime* Cybertronian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They should take a Harry Potter approach so they have like 7 movies, and the story should be about how Optimus and Megatron become enemies, like x-men first class and all should take place in Cybertron with no humans and maybe have the enemies as the junkions or quientesons.

15. sideswipeprime*

sideswipeprime* Cybertronian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    working on one too, but I wont be done with it until for a long time,

16. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

couldnt we have a new page dedicated to this idea?

17. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

Someone with a bit more awesomeness needs to get involved and get it all flowing ;) 

18. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

Like how some of u already put it, it going to be really dark and very emotinal, maybe like halo reach, and instead of showing war on earth, it should show war on cybertron with characters like optimus,bumblebee, ironhide, wheeljack, prowl, jazz, ratchet, hot rod, megatron, starscream, shockwave, soundwave, blitzwing, demolishor, thundercracker, overload

19. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I've already started working on this... Here's my treatment idea.

Characters(main cast):

Autobots:

Optimus Prime - As the one
    Hot Rod - As the replacement.
    Sentinel Prime - Current leader.
    Ultra Magnus - Military commander.
    WheelJack -Tech guy.
    Bumblebee - Scout.
    Ratchet - Medic
    Ironhide - Weapons Master
    Sideswipe - Warrior
    Sunstreaker - Warrior
    Jazz - Scout.
    Kup - Grizzled vet/old guy.
    Prowl - Tactician.
    Perceptor - Scientist.
    Omega Supreme - Last line of defense.
    Decepticons:

Megatron - This Megatron is basically Spartacus. He believes his ideals will benefit the universe.
    Starscream - This Starscream is both a scientific genius and crafty planner. He aspires to serve the Decepticon cause... and to him Megatron IS the Decepticon cause.
    Thundercracker - Traditional Thundercracker. Not sure of the cause.
    Skywarp - Skywarp is deeply deranged. He would be written as a amalgamation of Batman's rogues gallery of villians.
    Blackout - Decepticon enforcer.
    Lugnut - Decepticon enforcer.
    The Dreads - they were really awesome in concept, and they need to be explored further. They are Megatron's hitmen. They will essentially be the insecticons in a way.
    The Constructicons - Will be explored as group that follow Megatron simply to deconstruct and reconstruct the universe. Devastator will be a construct (lol) that they don't have access to at first.
    Scourge - Would be Optimus former friend Dion. Believing Optimus left him behind, he will strive to be all Prime is not.
    SHockwave - Deception Military commander. SHockwave is logical, but always has an alterior motive.
    Soundwave - Decepticon scout and assassin. Would have minions.
    Lockdown - Decepticon bounty hunter
    Barricade - Decepticon scout.
    The Coneheads.

There will be other cameos.... but these are the main cast. Also I would include a cast of drones, for when the battles escalate.

Movie 1 - The ark crash lands on earth. When the military investigates, a young PFC (Sam "Spike" Witwicky) is the first on the scene, and is drawn into the TFs world. Megatron and co find the last know location, find earth, and set about draining it's resources. They set out to take over the planet. This movie would allow us to get to know the core casts, have plenty of minor skirmishes, and would end with Megatron killing Sentinel Prime and claiming the Matrix for himself. Optimus will stepup and fight back the Cons, using bravado AND TEAMWORK. Movie ends with Megatron plotting on using the Matrix, and Shockwave helping Starscream notice how 'greedy' Megatron has become.

Movie 2 - Optimus struggles with his role as leader/diplomat as Decepticon attacks grow more bold... near the end of the movie Optimus will be jumped by Megatron, Starscream and Shockwave (similar to the forest battle) this will lead to Hot Rod being left as acting leader while Optimus recovers... He will retrieve the Matrix. Thundercracker is killed by the Dreads (for being too non commital) During this movie Starscream begins seriously plotting Megs removal as leader... SHockwave will reveal who ordered the hit on Thundercracker.... this is the breaking point for Starscream. It is revealed that Shockwave and SOundwave have planned to take over the Decepticons.

Movie 3 - All out war, as Megatron grows impatient. He launches an all out assault upon earth.... But the conflict is even bigger as Starscream breaks off to lead his own group (the Destrons) leading to a Decepticon civil war.
    The Primes lead strike forces to intercept. During one battle, Starscream notices Optimus leadership style versus his, and how much more effective his troops are... He realizes the issue at stake, and joins the Cybertronian (autobot) cause, tho he will be a very arrogant and dismissive 'teammate.' Him and his limited team will provide air support for the grounded Autobots. It will lead to a battle between Megs and Prime.

I use the Cons as a lot of the story for the bots... Because the Autobots parts are easy to write. The Decepticons (aka cause of conflict) will be the backbone of the story... great villians make the heros greater. These are just the major plot points... I would plan on spending way more time fleshing out the story, and humans would be greatly involved, tho in the backseat per say.

Also Autobots will not kill, unless circumstances force it. Decepticons will be much more vicious, and not hesitate to use lethal force. Hippy Prime will return - Any death he causes will pain him. Megatron will not be 'all powerful because he's the leader', he will be the most powerful, but mainly the most tactical at fighting. He will be part BW Megatron and Part Animated Megatron.

20. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Read my idea on page 4. That is basically how my plot went.