The Official TFW2005 Sneakerhead Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Jan 18, 2011.

1. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    I'm not familiar with weidian. Are they a Nike distributor in Asia?

2. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

weidian is a wechat store platform.. they distribute whatever the seller is selling. i have only used it for fashion reps in the past, as links to those kinds of stores are easier to find.

i think its better than taobao for reps..

for example, found a spot yesterday selling jordan 1 banned defects for $7.69 USD. at that price im tempted to see what the defects are..

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  3. Kung Fu Roo

ah okay, thanks.

still sweet imo.. may debate picking up a pair. i could call them early ts concepts and sell them for hundreds right....

4. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    7903BCED-9554-4BA2-98C9-D4D1F5101AD9.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  5. lil society vert

lil society vert luv is rage 2/chainsaw man supremacist

Supreme forces came today, somehow before my gs toy galvatron which I ordered like 5 days ago (fedex moment)
    8D58904A-0D42-4CCE-ABA6-48D7446CFEAD.jpeg D1281588-98CE-483D-B38C-733F904E1F3D.jpeg
    I like these in hand a lot more than I thought I was going to

• Like Like x 4
  6. stprime

News Credits:
    29442198-A43D-464A-B4FB-430A26D3B94E.jpeg
    Radii Noble VLC ‘Black Cement’

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Kung Fu Roo

So i guess these 3s are a thing in the rep world. came across a few other ppl selling them. concept reps?? last pics i posted were more burgandy and listed as such, these are brown. may grab a pair but they are 300 cny (46 USD) so idk. im cheap and im like i can get two pairs for that.

[​IMG]

these are the white oreo 4s that came into the warehouse. in that budget/mid price range at 168 CNY (26 USD). mids are usually a little higher for certain model js unless its a stock clearance thing..like i see some high quality red 3s going for 169 cny......as far as the 4s, i see some threads that need trimmed. dont see any obvious glue reflections at the sole/leather area, so thats good. the AJ1 for 168 cny were shipped separately, so probably coming from a second location, so no photos. im going to ask the seller to exchange them once the aj1s come in. wife told me the wrong size for the nephew. nephew wears size 47-48. which the seller doesnt have. these are a 45 and 46. so going to ask for my sizes at 43-44, if not im sol and will either eat them or regift them... shipping will be like 60-70 AUD on two pairs with boxes. some weidian sellers exchange/refund, others dont. even if they resize them, i dont want them for myself.. im leaning towards an aj 5 off white black and maybe aj5 no shoelace fresh princes or the laced version.. idk, may settle for venoms or something completely different.. i generally dont like mostly white shoes. maybe those aj3 up above..

aj4.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kung Fu Roo

my brain gets it and it finally sees the flaw on those budget 4s oreos.. the side netting is too vertical.. its not angled.. something was bothering my eye and thats it. thats the 26 dollar model for you i guess.

anyway gonna sleep on where to buy the jordan 5 off white blacks.. see them @ 168, 248, 300, 480 and 550 cny in my size. may settle for mid @ 300 (46 USD) but I may have stumbled upon the factor where they are getting them from and marking them up to 300. the higher priced ones idk where they are from. the ones @248, those peeps are claiming to be a factory and are using ex nike machines and employees. they are also from putian. putian is also the place h12 grades come from. h12s are usually 400-600+ cny iirc. but there stuff seems to be in the 2-300 range. consistant pricing on several models seems robotic and bottom line stuff.. pics look great but i hate relying on stock photos.. cause pics look good until you get the real pics ... anyway ill sus them out and pass them on if they are good.

9. stprime

News Credits:
    16CD8264-A2CB-4358-93CD-94A5AFB74D7C.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kung Fu Roo

Current Order awaiting shipment to the warehouse

Jordan 5 OW Muslims: 269 CNY (42 USD) I saw them cheaper, but notice theres a cheap batch where the soles are more yellow, hopefully this price range bypasses that flaw. I found h12 versions for 700+ cny iirc. However, if im going to drop that much on a rep, im honestly going to look at legit shoes. Thought about getting the fantasy Teal ones too, but idk. I know the muslims will become my daily beaters if I get back into wearing kicks

Air Max 97 Chinese New Years. Wanted these a couple of years ago, but i remeber them costing more than I wanted to pay and didnt buy them. Fast foward 2 years later and they cost 166 CNY (26 USD), probably cheaper somewhere. Being that the legit ones were a chinese release, Im kind of interested in seeing the ko quality and what arrives.

2 In the cart. Making sure the first two pair arrive before ordering 2 others. 1 is from the perp who sold me the cny and want to see the quality before buy another pair from them. Plus, just in case of non shipment etc.

Jordan 11 Low Legend Blue. Budget pair @ 168 CNY (26 USD). Im not sure if these newer ones are carbon fiber or not. I know the originals reps were plastic before the next gen of reps added carbon. Being these are the lastest gen of lows, Im sure carbon is standard but it wasnt listed as such. Dont care for all the white, but eh.

Nike Air Max Tn unknown model @150 CNY (23 USD). The TN is def an aussie staple when it comes to nike, so I had to add one. Never seen this colorway before, may be fantasy or something. Couldnt find anything on it. May also be for women, but if Im going to rock those CNY, ill have no issues with those tns. May switch out for yellow and white ones

Looked all over for Iverson question lows, but only found highs. Had the OG Grey lows back in the day. Part of the reason why Im in on those J11 lows. reminds me of the all white iversons with the blue bottoms. May have to order real Iversons from the US or UK while they are on sale. May also order one more pair of something. Im going to have the boxes for Tns and J11 thrown away and want to add another no box for cheaper shipping. Plus I want to see what happens to those J4 and J1 I ordered. If theyll resize, Ill shipout even though I dont want those meh oreos.

Also torn about what else to get if anything. If I size down 0.5 I can get the J5 what the for 12 USD or if I size up 1, I can get the J5 fresh prince alternatives for 15 bucks iirc. Thought about getting the Jordan 1 low Chinese New Years @ 210 CNY (32 USD)too. Not the red and black ones but the ones from the year prior that were limited to 5000. With the pink.. but man, 2 of my shoes are loud enough.. However, if I swap the tns for the yellows... maybe..

Searching through sneakerreps on reddit, I noticed Ive just missed out on some decent budget stuff. Like some decent budget gamma J11s going around. I dont keep up. TBH i usually only wear steel cap works boots and flip flops when i finish work these days. J4 breds or toros on occasions. If anything, I should have replaced those.. Ive beat them down. Plus there seems to be an okay budget batch of J4 breds going around. Nike Logo ones.

Id suggest anyone whos into reps going over to reddit to learn about stuff. They talk about certain stores, middlemen, batches, show shoes etc. For example the best non h12 version of UNC J4s are going for 270 CNY (42 USD). There are better but still iffy j4 oreos than the iffy ones above for slighty cheaper. That would have been useful info. Seems to be really good batches of J1 Hyper Royals and Mochas going around even at budget level. IDK, its just a good resource to use. I never use it like I should, Ive always gone in blind. I did find the stores I use to use a few years back from there. Those stores were decent and things were decent enough but they are long gone and its a crap shoot going in blind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Maybe

[​IMG]

11. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

My son's latest custom he did for a kid. I was surprised that the kid even knew about Metallica, not that I'm into that genre of music.

image000004.jpg image000003.jpg image000009.jpg image000005.jpg image000007.jpg image000002.jpg image000006.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. stprime

News Credits:
    Going in with no experience it's just so much information and so detailed that it's overwhelming. I need a PDF and a instructional video if I'm going to learn how to do it. lol.

13. Kung Fu Roo

Sick, if you were in aus, Id get a pair done too. talented kid

There are pdf like websites and youtube videos. Its still a hassle when you know how. Like those air max 98 are so old two stores each waited nearly a week to say they were out of stock. trying my third and final store before i move on to some other shoe. Due to this I ordered those jordan 1 lows cny before those stock run out too instead of the TNS. I doubt they would re-release a cny rep. Anywho that sellers is possibly playing games, idk, agent is dealing with them. Invalid tracking number and no movement for days until I asked my agent about it last night.. then bam, today the tracking number is actually valid and it moves. im protected regardless. its just annoying.

The guy who sold me those 1s and the oreo 4s for my nephew is exchanging for my sizes at no cost but that will still take 10-20 days according to superbuy. I really dont want them. But will ship them as no boxes one day. Said no to the jordan 11 lows and ordered legit iverson question lows for a late xmas present from the wife.

Wish I had a couple of other shoes in already because I finally got my Jordan 5 Muslin in the warehouse today and would like to ship out. It took the seller about week to shipout. I take it they had to buy them elsewhere first. The outsole looked a little too yellow from the stock inspection photo below but it looks better in another pic taken in different lighting in the pic below that. the 20 dollars batch ones are really yellow and im glad i didnt get those... For 40ish usd, im happy enough with this batch.. no need to pay more for other batches, I dont need near perfect or 1:1. If those air max 98 cny are out at the third store, i may just buy another pair of these. Will be everyday beaters and having 2 to run through would be nice. May be smart just to buy another pair before all the resellers jack up the prices even higher due to Virgil passing away and killing the rep stocks in the process.

91b35f99-7f3b-4939-a140-64992d5dbcaf.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. stprime

News Credits:
    I want those off white 5!

15. lil society vert

Hey could I pls have the link for those 5s? Been meaning to cop a pair for a while now

16. Kung Fu Roo

have at it peeps. there are cheaper ones and more expensive ones elsewhere on weidian and yupoo.

商品详情

• Like Like x 2
  17. lil society vert

appreciate you dude finna start a haul after xmas

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kung Fu Roo

Got the Jordan 1 Low 2020 CNY in the warehouse today.

Kind of cool, kind of booty. QC issue on the pink outer which i probably can fix with steam. The grey material is def not the same as retail. Its Def not as furry, which is a let down. Inside black panel behind the inside swoosh has some texture but its not as pronounced and thick as retail nor is it fully textured across the panel :/.

Swooshes seem dif on the inners too. QC issue on one of the soles stitches. for 29 dollars, its okay i guess. ill def rock them a few times.. I dont care if im called out.. i dont hide the fact my shits are reps.. however I doubt i get called out on these even with the grey and black mat issues...its not like a lot of peeps have these to know, they were limited to 5000 worldwide

May ask for an exchange idk.. do i really want to waste a week+ just for fixed pink panel i can probably fix. Def throwing the box out and giving these the plastic bag treatment for shipment to save a few dollas.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. NSJ23

NSJ23 can’t think of something witty..

I need to figure out which pair to wear to Disneyland later this month.
    6E1B590C-8D4F-4F73-8B99-C51D36516288.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  20. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ** bLaH-BLAAh-BlaHH-BLAAaAAH!.!!! **

@NSJ23 My vote goes for the 5's as I feel like it's appropriate for the season but then again they work all season lol. Those 13's more of a Summer vibe with the light colors.
    (Bring both;) )

• Like Like x 1