The Official TFW Heartbreak Hotel/Forever Alone/Relationship Advice Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nachtsider, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well this is the first time I will post a story on this thread. I'm usually not all that good when it comes to relationships, but I will tell this story the best I can. It might be something or it is probably nothing at all.

I have been going to estate sales for nearly two years. I always go and hoping to find old stuff and antiques. I don't sell the items I picked up, I keep them so I consider myself a collector and most people that go and I always see the same ones are dealers that buy the items and sell them on ebay, but not me.

Anyway, it started last summer and I was at estate sale walking around the house trying to find something for myself that is worthy for me to buy. While I was walking around the kitchen looking at things, there was a lady standing inside the kitchen. She did'nt have a purse on her and also did'nt have anything in her hands. She looked at me and smiled. But I shrugged it off and forgot about it.

Well last month there was an estate sale and they had sterling silver items. The owner of the estate sale also does auctions at his store. He sets up a table in the drive way or garage and has a cash box and a mini credit card swipe machine if anybody is paying credit or debit. People have to stand in line to pay for the items they want. But he keeps the valuable items on the table with him so nobody won't get any ideas of stealing them. Well I was at the table looking at the sterling silver items and she was sitting with the estate sale owner helping him to ring up the items. I decided to purchase the sterling silver salt and pepper shakers, but I wasn't finish looking around. So she put the silver salt and pepper shakers near her so she can keep a eye on the them until I'm ready to pay for them. Inside the house there was a antique clock with three figurines sitting on top of the fireplace mantel. The clock was made between 1880 to 1904. I went back to estate sale the next day when everything was 30% off. I was standing in the living room looking at the clock and thinking about getting it when she walked inside the living room and she said to me oh you're back again. I told her yes and also told her that I was thinking about getting that clock. So I decided to sit down on the couch and deciding to get it or not and saw me sitting down. I went ahead and bought the clock and that thing is heavy. The estate sale owner told me it takes a key to wind up the clock. He told me to stop by his store and he might have a key for it.

Nearly two weeks ago I went to another estate sale hoping to find some things to give as Christmas gifts. Well she was there. I went to one of the bedrooms and there was a Lazy-Boy recliner for sale and I sat down on it to try it out. There was a small table sitting about three feet on the upper right hand of the recliner. On the table was a couple of things about learning how to speak spanish. She walked in and nobody else was inside the bedroom except me. She walked up to the table blocking my view of it and her ass was two feet from my face. That made me kind of uncomforable and I got up from the recliner. She said to me about the two things on the table and I told her that I rather learn how to speak french and she laughed and then I walked out of the bedroom. The next morning I went back to the same house where everything is 30% off. I was inside the garage on the floor looking at a set of Christmas dinnerware. The box came loose and one of the bowls was broken. She walked inside the garage from the kitchen and approached me and she had a piece of paper in her hand and asked me do I need some paper to help secure the dinnerware from breaking. I said sure and brought out some more paper. After that I placed the dinnerware at the table so I can go back inside. While I was inside, she asked me if there was something of interest that I'm looking for, I told her that I might get a couple of dolls for my mother for Christmas. A few minutes later I'm in the kitchen and then she pointed out some styrofoam in the trash and said I can use that to help secure the dinnerware. I started to wonder why is she going out of her way trying to help me when I did'nt see her trying to help other people. Well I paid for the stuff and left.

Lastweek I went to the auction shop to get the key for the clock. While I was in there, I asked the owner what was the name of the lady at the estate sales. He told me that she doesn't work for him, she only volunteers to help. So I told him that I apperciate for her to go out of her way to help me. He told me her name and he will pass along to herabout the good things I said about her. Then he told me there will be a auction this weekend and she will be there and also told me she will be at a estate sale next month. So I don't know why he was telling me all that.

I just wanted to be careful and not make a fool out of myself. I thought about sending a message to the owner and ask him is she on Facebook, my sister advised me not to do that.

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Why not ask her out for a drink or something?

3. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Texted for solid hour and a half about the the book and stuff tonight. Current plan is to txt again on Saturday if I get a response lead the conversation into hanging out over Christmas break. If She says yes then I will buy her a present for Christmas and give it to her when we do hang out. If no response then get a present and have my friend and his parents give to her for Christmas and hopefully she will think "wow what a sweet guy can't believe he cares so much maybe I should give him another chance".

4. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Dude. Don't buy gifts for girls you're "just friends" with. It's a waste of money.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I once had a male co-worker buy me a gift out of the blue and it made me rather uncomfortable even tho we were sort of friends. You're going too far too fast, and it's more likely she will think 'what does this guy want from me?' and wonder if perhaps she should run away.

--Moony

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I do it all the time lol. I figure if I do it for guy friends I'm not fucking I can do it for girls I'm not either.

7. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

Ok so I was dating this guy for about 4 months, we met at a time when I was just out of a relationship. I haven't dated another guy in a while so it was a nice change of pace. 2 weeks ago I'm at his place and his cell rings and a picture of him kissing a girl is on. As it were, he didn't think I would mind him dating a girl also since we both are bi. I broke up with him and now 2weeks later he is just starting to call me back, trying to get back together. I really liked him but I can't stand cheaters.

I never really had a time without a girl/boyfriend for long periods of time. I have always been with someone. I have always been the good boyfriend. Should I get back with him, or just stay single for the first time in along time?

8. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Weird question: is that common thinking practice for a lot of bi people? I hear about shit like that all the time.

You probably shouldn't get back together though. The trust is broken and I doubt he thinks he did anything wrong.

9. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Fun Fact:
    I tried to date a Bi girl once, it couldn't do it because everytime she told me she was "hanging with a girl friend", well. You don't know what that means and if it's really a friend or Girlfriend. I lost interest and left and then she got banged by three fat guys at once. Haven't spoke to her since, most likely never will.

10. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

11. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Yeah. Guess that's whats she's into (which is totally fine, it's just her previous track history would have lead you to guess otherwise.)

She has some issues when it comes to being loved for sure.

12. ionacus

Sorry I don't get the question?

And he did say he was wrong, but still.... Cheating=:( 

13. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    For bisexuals to believe they have the right in a relationship to date a guy and girl at the same time. Like I see it happen way more often than I ever thought it would.

14. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    bi/poly/pansexuality does not automatically equate polyamory, but I could see how they might complement one another. Having said that, you really shouldn't be engaging in polyamory without the consent of your existing partner. What homeboy did was not cool, and it shows that he evidently isn't concerned with your right of consent. Don't call him back.

15. ionacus

Ok yea I have seen that a lot. But me I am a one person man. If I am dating you then it's you only. And sharing is not an option. I was in a relationship when I was younger that involved 2 others and we all got hurt in the end. It's why I more than frown on it now.

Edit: thanks gfh and hal

16. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    There's a right of consent for cheating now?

Lol okay.

17. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I understand. I'm personally one to lean the other way. I'm a bit of a mess, and I think it's too much to expect one person alone to support me. I admire the flexibility in structure also. Rings of three, two devoted to a third, two couples connected by a set of lovers... That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. It opens up a lot of possibilities.
    I... what? I don't think I said that... It's entirely impossible to consent to cheating. Cheating is the act of seeking another partner without either the knowledge or consent of your current partner. Hmmm... maybe I can elaborate on that a little.

Oh, I see what you mean.

Polyamory and cheating are different. People are polyamorous because they want to be. Everyone involved is happy with and finds enjoyment in the arrangement. Cheating is not the same because the cheater hurts their partner by seeking out new ones without their agreement. Cheating is a terrible thing. When I said that, my meaning was to say that if that individual wants to seek out additional partners, he needs to have the consent of his current one(s) before doing so. His partner needs to be aware and agree to it before he can proceed. Not doing so is cheating. There are cases in which people aren't concerned with who their partner is seeing at all, but one still has to establish that before proceeding.

As Ionacus did not consent to entering a polyamorous relationship, his partner has violated his trust, and therefore has cheated. You should never make the assumption the person you are seeing is polyamorous. You should never assume you have consent to engage in other relationships without clearing it with your potential partner. It's safer to assume monogamy and be delightfully wrong than to assume polyamory and be catastrophically wrong.

EDIT: Just an afterthought but yes, it is possible for a polyamorous person to cheat. If you go outside your relationship without the consent of your partners, that is cheating.

18. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    I feel like Polyamorous relationships kinda break the whole point if what relationships are for in the first place, but ya know. Each there own.

19. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Ok men, what's the best "blow off" line a woman has ever given you? My favorite is the "Any girl would be lucky to have a guy like you". Except the one you want of course. Do guys still fall for these excuses?

20. ionacus

"You make my head hurt"?
    "You make grumpy cat look attractive"
    "Not if you were the last 'insert favorite word' on earth"

Do those count?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.