The Official TFW Heartbreak Hotel/Forever Alone/Relationship Advice Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nachtsider, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was absolutely devastated with the amount of friends (guys) who wanted to no longer be my friend after I got engaged. I got excuses like "it hurts too much to see you happy with him", "well you aren't on the market anymore", etc. I didn't become a different person, I just was not going to have sex them with them now (IN THEIR HEAD), because if I wanted them, I would have been dating them and not my BF at the time. I had a few who claimed I led them on , because i was nice to them, they thought I was interested and gave them the idea they had a chance.... I was like, I just like to be friends with everyone who wants to be friends with me. I don't have any ulterior motives other than to have more people to talk awesomeness with.

Be friends with a girl fine, do not assume you have "a chance" if she doesn't seem interested in dating or has a bf, if it happens that is just an added plus.

2. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I know, and I'll be better from here on out.

EDIT: Okay, so there's this other girl that I'm friends with. We had a conversation via texting, and she said that she just got in a relationship with a guy (one whom I don't know, but that doesn't matter) who she says is 10x better than her previous boyfriend. I said "That's great, I'm glad you're dating again".

Did I do right TFW? Or am I an idiot?

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I'd say no harm done. Hell there have been girls I thought would be great for me but would get in relationships. I never walked away from jealousy though. The main instinct I had was too support them (mainly cuz the guys were bad news). I didn't mind being "just a friend" to a lot of girls, and if I liked them eventually I would just see them as friends too. But you'd be surprised how many of those girls that tell me "I wish there were more guys like you" end up liking me. Sad part is that by the time they say that I'm not into em anymore.

4. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "I'm glad you are dating again" Might sound like you wanted her off your back and with someone else. That's only if she misinterprets. So it's probably fine. But, I think for next time something like "That's great, I'm glad you are happy" something like that would be more appropriate.

The good thing is you didn't say anything that made you seem jealous or that you wouldn't be friends with her anymore. So if you don't hear from her in like a week, you might just want to say "hi, how are you doing" just to make sure the friendship stays alive.

5. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Now time for a serious rant. Last night I was talking to one of my friends about relationships. She's in one her self(and its complicated, mind you). I tell her about how I treated my ex and what she did in return and she tells me how I'm serious boyfriend material, and a sweetheart, and blah blah blah. Well the convo shifts to the subject of why my ex did what she did and she uses herself as an example, saying maybe its because her parents taught her that ALL guys are dogs who only want sex and will never love you.....

I'm like, you're fucking joking? She says "no, they literally did that to me and that's why I have trust issues with guys, its just burned into my head".

I'm sorry but you're a fucking dumbass parent trying to teach your daughter LIES, lies that offends people like me, as a decent, fun loving, and caring guy. Parents these days just don't understand that while yes, you can't just let your daughter be a loose canon and get prego, that over protecting her and telling her nothing but grade A bullshit about relationships will also screw her over. I mean the dad, in this equation, contradicts himself in teaching this because he obviously had to love her mother.

I just can't stand over protective extremist parents like this. They never learn that keeping your daughter away from things she really needs to try in life, but advice to push through and not do anything stupid, will cause to be an even worse loose canon once she's on her own. It happens all the damn time.

6. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Even if her parents said that, she had to have at least seen 1 Disney movie were a handsome prince sweeps a girl off her feet. You know what I mean? Regardless of what her parents tell her, "love" is in the media everywhere, or at the mall, or at school, she is believing what she wants to believe.

Unless they have locked her in a basement with no computer, tv, books, or phone. And have her eyelids propped open watching horrible videos of men being "dogs".

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Did you say that, but MEAN "A bloo bloo bloo I was so nice to you why didn't you date me instead"? Because if not, and you're honestly happy she's found someone she enjoys being with, I don't see why that would be doing wrong.

Whoa, you're telling me some people have weird hangups over sex and love because of how they were raised? What a concept.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  8. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Even so, they still can't do that and they told her this all her life from an early age. Some girls really love their parents, and there for will take their word over a Disney movie. That might not have physically forced her, but mentally what a parent says to a young child who doesn't know any better could stick with them. She herself might not believe it, but that concept is still there in her mind, reminding her every time she gets hurt.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Did he say that? No? Then he did nothing wrong. We all say shit we don't mean all the time.

[​IMG]

10. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I can't believe how many people are naive and utterly dense, I guess is the nice word, on this forum.

Anyway, hung out GFH last night and we made out all night, now she won't return my calls. I only called like 60 times, I know she said she was going to bed right after, and it was like 1 am by that time. I think she doesn't want to continue our affair anymore :cry .

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Jokes on you GFH doesn't hang out with people.

0/10, try harder.

12. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

i am now experiencing dejavu.

13. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Or so she told you bro, sorry.

Is it because the same thing happened during our affair? Or during your affair with GFH?

14. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Also, I just told my wife about our affair GFH, no worries, he's cool with it. You can pick up the phone now.

15. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    She didn't misinterpret it. (from what I understood anyways)

No, I meant it. I'm happy that she found someone she wants to be with.

Her mom had major trouble with guys, and wants to instill a militant feminist attitude in her daughter methinks..

16. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

As I'm sure you know, they weren't your friends anyway if they're pulling that shit. If they were true friends they'd be happy that you're married and your wife is preggers. Hopefully he doesn't suffer much in the way of morning sickness.

17. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I might be the husband, but I am the pregnant one, I assure you :lol . That is true, it wasn't me just being a jerk.

18. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

I find your posts so misleading that I feel I can't take anything you say for granted. To keep it simple, in my mind, you are not a man, not a woman, not pregnant and not married. Too hard to follow :) 

But hey, it's the internet. Everyone is free to be who/what they want, so have fun!

19. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Well, to be fair, in every generation, there are a lot of guys who do just want to get into a girl's pants. And they'll do and say just about anything to accomplish that. Just because you may not be like that doesn't account for those guys who are.

Perhaps they didn't use the right words to help her from avoiding mistakes that they have made (or have seen plenty of others make), but to call her parents "dumbasses" is a little too harsh and disrespectful. Would you rather this girl be pregnant, single, no husband, and possibly a rougher future for herself later on down the road trying to raise a child by herself? Or perhaps have her mentality towards guys so cynical and jaded towards guys that no matter how good you treat her, even as a friend, she's going to think you (as a friend) have ulterior motives?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  20. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    It would kill me to see this girl be like the first option, and the second option alike honestly. I do acknowledge the fact that asshole guys do exist, yes, but most guys aren't like that. And if I constantly feel like I have to prove that I literally don't have ulterior motives for a girl as a friend, I would feel pretty sketchy and just leave well alone. The way I go about it these days is that, unless the girl is into me, I'm not gonna be into her. I've dealt with a "just friend" of mine who thought I liked her so she couldn't trust me. Huge pain in my ass because she went around telling people, so we drifted apart as friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.