The Official TFW Heartbreak Hotel/Forever Alone/Relationship Advice Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nachtsider, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You my friend need a wing man. A good wing man well help break the ice, fill in when you trail off, talk you up and bow out gracefully should the need arise and let you know if it's time dip out.
    Ha the bro-zone! Never heard it put like that but I guess I've put a few girls and maybe a guy or two there.

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    I'll be your wingman Preda. I'm totally awkward when I'm trying to pick up chicks but badass with helping others. It's a curse really.

3. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hell I'll be yours kid though you seem to fly well solo. Honestly I loved wing manning when I was younger, especially since I had a girlfriend and I always made it clear that I wasn't looking for anything other than having fun & making friends while I helped my guys meet women. I retired around my mid 20's when things got a little to strange but wouldn't mind a few more missions for old times sake.

4. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
  5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I never flirt either. In fact, I usually like to start off as friends and just see if anything happens. If it does, awesome, if not, then I've got another friend to hang out with. Either way, I win. The question I would ask at this point is what kind of women you're approaching or wanting to approach? Cause that's important too. You don't wanna go for the cheerleader/ex cheerleader/sports nut if you're not into sports. Now, if you see a girl in a comic shop, that might be the one to talk to. The trick is to find women who like the things that you like and then you won't have to worry about keeping the conversation going because you'll both be talking about stuff you're equally interested in.

Also, like others said, wingman. They can be very useful, especially at taking the tension out of the situation.

6. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Nah, I've seen better. :p 

7. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    U ain't seen nothin yet

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

All my friends that I used to hang out with (and thus a good candidate for wing man) have married or moved far away, that's why I am flying solo now.

Please tell me you live in SoCal. We can hang out!

Like any man, I'd seek out the most attractive woman that I am not intimidated by (meaning too gorgeous). Yes I know you are supposed to not be influenced by their looks and instead care more for their personality, but I can't help myself. I see a good looking woman and I want to approach her so bad, yet I have no confidence in my game lol.

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you. After this post, there won't be any more quotes on my end. I just have to answer this one last post before the blocklist has one new member...

You don't have to be quoted to piss people off. The way you present yourself around here, your personal stories that should remain personal, all of it? Drives us insane. It might've been funny the first couple of times, but it's not anymore. Hasn't been for quite some time.

Please, build a bridge and get over yourself. And keep on drivin' once you get past it.

Goo'bye!

10. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:

Like this?

11. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    What th- No Magnus, no!

12. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Is it me or do people that complain about being "friend-zoned" typically seem like they wouldn't be very good friends? I mean if you are really only concerned about spending time with a person only if there is a potential for a romantic relationship, that's really not very friendly. I think there needs to be a new term. I think it would be therapeutic to have a harsher term so people that are placed into that specific zone would find it easier to stop complaining about that person, and stop contacting that person because then it would be more clear that their advances are not and never will be reciprocated.

13. Starfire22

News Credits:
    You'd complain about it too if you got rejected a lot.

EDIT: Okay, maybe that wasn't the best response, and I'll admit, I was wrong. Maybe I still have a thing or two to learn about friendship.

14. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Oh I got the "too good a friend" for... well a lot of years (more then some posters have been around lol). It's hidesight that helped me realize that I was not too good a friend, hell I wasn't a very good friend at all due to my attitude after this mock-regection. I think why I would change it is that the "too good a friend" excuse is too soft. Hard truths are best learned the hard way. I would have much rather heard "you are too out of shape" or "I don't find you attractive". These hurt but are ultimatly more constructive. It would allow correction of faults for future relationships with someone. I don't think the "FriendZone" exists. That excuse is a way of skirting the truth so the person does not have to risk hurting someone's feelings.

15. Starfire22

News Credits:
    Edited my post. (In the nick of time too I might add)

Anyways, you're right, it does help, no matter how bad it hurts. I remember when a girl said that "She wasn't attracted to me". It hurt a lot then. Does it hurt now? A little, but I'm pretty much over it.

16. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    That's the same reason fire is hot. It hurts when you touch it to remind you not to do so in the future :D 

17. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

The question you have to ask yourself is, Would you date a girl that you don't like? If not then why should that girl whom you like? Just because you like her, doesn't mean the feeling will be reciprocated.

I've had a few girls liking me in college but I didn't want to date them because I had no feelings for them, and then there were girls that I like that won't take up my offer for a date.

You just have to keep trying until you found a girl with mutual interest. Good luck.

BTW all those Prom proposals by High Schools that are shown on TV is making me nauseous. I swear those HS seniors have no shame.

18. Starfire22

News Credits:
    That's a good point. I'll keep it in mind for next time. :) 

19. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Aren't they terrible. It makes it seem like High School counts for anything after you're out lol.

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you're only friends with someone because you're hoping to get something in return (a relationship or sex), that's not a very good friendship.

Being rejected a lot doesn't entitle someone to not be rejected any more, or to blame others for their own shortcomings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.