The Official Super Smash Brothers Brawl Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by pinoy78, May 22, 2007.

1. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Onesock waited 16 hours for the Wii is what I'm hearing.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but it would be a lot of fun to PLAY as Dark Samus. her move-set is even completely different than Samus'

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Sales figures for Star Fox and Metroid Prime from October 2005, with US sales figures and release dates.

Metroid Prime: 1,308,052 (November 15th, 2002)
    Star Fox Adventures: 821,771 (September 23, 2002)
    Metroid Prime 2 Echoes: 535,784 (November 15th, 2004)
    Star Fox Assault: 247,808 (February 15, 2005)

Even to add in Adventures sales in Japan at the end of 2006, 259,069, it doesn't reach Prime's sales numbers.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Gee I didn't think this was actually gonna go anywhere. Perhaps an emoticon to show that my post was just another internet kick in the balls to Gnaw would have helped.

And sales figures don't lie. I was aware that Metroid has been doing better, I just didn't know where to look for the numbers.

And I don't have anything against Starfox, Starfox 64 was really fun and I loved Adventures aside from the tacky voice acting. Probably because it was Zelda-esque.

Now back to ZOMG FAKE CHARACTARSS!!!!!

Anyways, I think Sakurai has more sense and originality than to put 4 Star Fox characters in. This game is chock full of great ideas, I can't imagine that he'd flub that up.

And onesock I feel sorry for you. 16 hours? I just went to Toys R Us at 7:30am and happened to be the first in line because I knew everyone else would flock to EB Games, Superstore, Future Shop, and Best Buy.

5. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Let's consider this. As it is in Melee with two Star Fox characters, aside from some physics differences they played exactly alike, so how do you expand that to four even if you use Star Fox Adventure as a base for Krystal? I still think the list that includes Wolf is bogus though, until I see character models in-game I'm not buying it.

Trick is Metroid doesn't have many options if any for extra characters. Even Ridley who's made a lot of rumored lists, is usually this great big dragon and characters in Smash Bros dont get bigger than Bowser and DK. You could shrink him down to his size in the NES Metroid but that seems to take some of the edge off the character and it's been retconed since then that he was always huge.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Charizard was massive in the Pokemon TV series and has been considerably shrunken for Brawl. It can work for Ridley. And I agree with Redline, Dark Samus is not just Samus in black. They may look similar but in the games, she attacked very differently using sprays instead of single shots, boost balled all around the screen, charged up and lunged at you, was able to heal herself and create duplicates. Lots of potential for character there if you ask me. However, my truthiness tells me that neither will be in, but no way in hell are there going to be 4 Star Fox characters.

Also another fake roster has showed up. At least it shows us how easily things can be faked. Can we trust the starting roster pic 100% now?
    [​IMG]
    Sure, by looking here you can see the little details like reused art.
    [​IMG]
    But project it on a TV screen and we're none the wiser eh?

That roster actually looks solid. I just can't make out who that is in between Lucas and Olimar.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The fact that the starting roster in question was backed up with VIDEO evidence is solid enough proof for me though..

8. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Wow.. you must not of been around in the Red and Blue days. Mewtwo was shoved out there all the time. 1 movie, 3 specials, and ask anyone during the red and blue days who was the best pokemona nd you would almost get a MewTwo!

Lucario is -very- obscure compared to Mewtwo during the red and blue days.

9. Dinobot Primal

Dinobot Primal Member

I'm really irritated that, Ness and Captain Falcon aren't starters...and Luigi(if he's in) and Jigglypuff have to be unlocked AGAIN! WTF is up with that! Suckurai wasted space for VALUABLE New Secret characters! We better have at least have 38 to 43 characters or brawl will be good, not great but good. 35 = Good, 30 = Disappointment, 43 = Spectacular! 38 = Great

10. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

<quote>I'm really irritated that, Ness and Captain Falcon aren't starters...and Luigi(if he's in) and Jigglypuff have to be unlocked AGAIN! WTF is up with that! Suckurai wasted space for VALUABLE New Secret characters! We better have at least have 38 to 43 characters or brawl will be good, not great but good. 35 = Good, 30 = Disappointment, 43 = Spectacular! 38 = Great</quote?>

So.. To translate..

"I set my expections too high and am now starting to get POed that they arn't meeting my stupidly high expectations that came from random internet rumors! DAMN YOU!"

11. Dinobot Primal

Dinobot Primal Member

Nah, I'm waiting for some loser Fanboy to waste his life and reveal everything for us! However, I'm hoping like hell we have 38. If we don't and we have 35, The games good. Not great, but good. Sakurai better surprise us...Cause I personally think Sakurai sucks as a game developer. He made some many bad Assist Trophy ideas. Jill Dozer could of been the first heavy weight female(if Samus isn't counted as one.)

12. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    And just because I like to reaffirm/confirm things...

From Brawl Central:

January 22, 2008
    submitted by Chris
    Confirmation of the Video Being Real?
    Shortfuse of SWF just contacted me and pointed out something very interesting. Here's what he had to say:

I started the "Japanese Forums" thread almost 3 weeks ago. It got some attention and was pretty popular. Gimpyfish grew interested in the way the SWF community was involved in this project of checking Japanese sites. He went to talk to a few friends who are major smash players in Japan. What happened later (and he announced on the SMYN podcast) is that he said he obtained some link to some great sites including what he though to be the Japanese Smashboards. It turned out it wasn't and the rest of the sites where just simple tournament sites. I didn't pay much attention to them. Gimpy did say since one of his friends would likely get the game early, since he hosts Melee tournaments. One of the tournament sites is

What's the correlation? Well, look at the user who uploaded the video. It's queensaki. Who is queensaki? It's none other than the webmaster of ketubato.com. What am I getting at? Yes, Gimpy's friend who he said was going to have Brawl early...who hosts tournaments is the one who uploaded the Brawl video to youtube. Yes guys, it's real.

I agree very much with what he said, and it looks like this video is indeed real, using the logic explained above. I'll let you be your own judge on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  13. Dinobot Primal

Dinobot Primal Member

To bad I can't view this "supposedly real" video because Youtube ain't working on my computer. Does it look real or fake? Anyone posted any images of the video?

14. TJOmega

News Credits:
    It looks real. It matches a screenshot posted earlier of the default character menu, it's animated to show the player selecting Pit complete with sound effects and color selection and the load screen that followed.

15. Dinobot Primal

Dinobot Primal Member

Okay I can view now. and yeah it does look real! BUT I hope some loser otaku reveals everything for us, That way we'll know everything. I pray like hell for King K. Rool! or at least Geno!

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'm hoping we get some big news/reveals soon as well. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have a final character roster..if not we'll just have to wait the extra day or two for the official release in Japan.

17. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I <3 you guys....let's not fight....

Falco Lombardi, whoo!

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

You're one creepy furry.

19. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Dude, Falco Lombardi is the fucking shit. I saved his ass in the first mission, and then he had my back the whole way through. Unlike Slippy, that stupid toad.

20. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

So much innuendo... must resist!

That said, I main Falco in melee. Though I hope he is more than a clone if in Brawl.

And I had totally forgot about the video when I posted that other roster above. Slipped my mind.