The Official Super Smash Brothers Brawl Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by pinoy78, May 22, 2007.

1. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Hey I'm not going to split Zero hairs, I dig all the good Zero-ness out there. However, based on the bad-assery of the Zero series games, and my preference for the Zero series style Zero I go to that version first. Plus it fixed my only minor issue with the old design, green lights on his chest. If he ever was in SB, that's the look I'd like. It may not be the first version (there are a few) it's certainly just as real. So I'll say again, Zero is the man (any version ya like). :D 

[​IMG]

So while I'm on dream guest characters I'll just drop these too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I nominate Dylan Tgna for Brawl.

Final Smash: Scrubfest

3. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    NICE. :D  This game is going to kick SO MUCH ASS.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Launches noobs and scrubs at you while he wavedashes around you at superspeed. Then he goes into emo mode when he realizes there is no wavedash in Brawl.

5. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

hey zeromayhem, i may like the original zero design a lil better than the zero zero, but those zero games are the BEST in the series. I hope someday they will release a collection edition, i havent kept up since zero 2

6. Dinobot Primal

Dinobot Primal Member

Veterans:

Mario
    Link
    Kirby
    Pikachu
    Fox
    Samus
    Zelda
    Bowser
    Donkey Kong
    Yoshi
    Peach
    Ice Climbers
    Shiek
    Jigglypuff
    Luigi
    Captain Falcon
    Ness
    Marth
    Ganondorf
    Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
    Falco
    Mewtwo
    Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers:

Pit
    Wario
    Zero Suit Samus
    Ike
    Pokémon Trainer
    Diddy Kong
    Meta Knight
    Snake
    Lucas
    Sonic
    King Dedede
    Olimar
    Krystal
    K. Rool
    Geno
    Animal Crossing Villager
    Ridley
    Isaac
    Megaman

This list is fake. Ness has been cut(as confirmed by Famitsu) same with Marth & Roy. And Sonic and Snake(as well as any other 3rd Party Character) have been confirmed as Secret characters by Sakurai.

7. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

huh? where did all of your official info come from?

8. ZeroMayhem

That would be sweet, just not sure what system they'd drop it on. Still 3 and 4 are certainly worth your time if you can get them, and while taking nothing away from 1, 2, and 4, Zero 3 may be my overall favorite in the series. Zero vs. Omega is a blast!

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Any official source would denounce the list for such a big game to keep any surprises from getting out before they wanted them out, fact is only Nintendo knows what characters are in and out, any info is suspect, even the list, but the list does have some support. If the list really has been following the announced characters in order then there's still chance it's real, I'm hoping it is anyway. While it's true characters could have been cut since the leak (some not so likely since they'd be easy to port from the previous game and given a Final Smash) we have yet to see evidence of it.

The only ones I'm really suspicious of are characters like Ganondorf and Young Link because official report was no characters would be sharing movesets like the last game. And while I am suspicious of Megaman as well (because it's too good to be true), they left room for it to be true, official source said 3rd party characters would be limited "to two or three".

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I could deal with that list except that I just don't give a flying fuck about Geno, and he is owned by Square. Same for Animal Crosser, don't care. Plus it has no Dark Samus.

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The Animal Crosser I agree with, and I dont see how he'd make a workable fighter anyway. (Then again I might have said the same of Olimar) Geno would be interesting, he's heavily requested but Nintendo's limit on 3rd party characters might prevent it, I dont think a lot of people realize he's not owned by Nintendo. Dark Samus... meh. Might be too much like Samus anyway, as such it's probably an alternate color for her armor suit, same way they made the Fusion suit.

12. ZeroMayhem

I agree on Dark Samus. It would be too close to Samus and she already has two forms in the game. An alt color for her suit would be a good way to go. Besides Dark Samus was one of the weaker ideas Retro used. A "dark" version of the hero is a bit over done. In Nintendo games Link already called that enemy.

As for Geno, I'm sure some people don't know he's owned by Square (for what it's worth I am aware of that), still Nintendo and Square have been on good terms as of late and he did have a tiny cameo in the GBA Maroi&Luigi. That coupled with him being one of the most requested new characters still gives me some hope. In just under two weeks I'll either get that hope fulfilled or I won't. Tick Tock.

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Either way, Metroid definitely needs more representation. I have a feeling Ridley won't make though I really hope he will. No real basis for that that assumption, just my truthiness.

14. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:

wrongo bongo

the original translation was wrong, right now it's considered as this

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Ridley might be in the same class as Petey Pirana and Rayquaza. A boss fight for story mode. My feeling is we'll see a large boss representing each main series in addition to the playable characters.

Personally I'm hoping we get Eggman / Robotnik turn up in some shape or form.

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd figure we'd get Mother Brain or Kraid for a SSE villain in Ridley's stead, but we'll see.

As for Geno...I may not care for the character (nor do I give a fuck if he is or isn't in the game), but I'm fairly certain he's second party (like Isaac from Golden Sun)..though I could be off on that.

17. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

geno is owned by square. all non-nintendo mario rpg characters are owned by square. in the credits of mario & luigi ss where geno has a small cameo it gives square credit for him.

18. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I pre-ordered Brawl at Gamestop today. I payed the full price for the game so I shouldn't have a problem when it comes out, I hope. Now for the long wait for it to release.

Sheik and Ganondorf were listed in an article awhile back that stated their designs were given to the Smash team. Since Sheik has been confirmed I think Ganondorf would too especially with all the villains in Brawl that are playable. Also a lot of characters have been given new moves so Ganondorf may play like a totally different character in Brawl.

As for Young Link if he has his moveset from Melee he will not be a clone of Link as far as moves are concerned since Link had his moves changed to reflect moves he used in TP. Also it wouldn't surprise me if the Windwaker Link is in the game since TP didn't do so well in Japan.

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Not to mention that Phantom Hourglass is a phenomenal hit.

20. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Todays update: Zelda's Final Smash!
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Oh yeah, if this wasnt already known, Hyrule castle stage is back.