The Official Super Smash Brothers Brawl Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by pinoy78, May 22, 2007.

1. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

I'll add you first thing in the morning.

And I had no problem with Jigglypuff. Wolf however put up a good fight. I also lost to Snake but beat him on my second try.

Also I beat Classic on insane mode earlier. It lives up to its name. The continues cost 100 coins a pop but you will need them. I am hammering the All-Star on insane and 5 KO during Cruel brawl challenges.

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Yes, just got all the characters.

Anyone notice that Master Hand and Tabuu can be related to a child and a parent? Master Hand is the kid wanting to play with his toys(the fighters), but Tabuu is the aggravated, powerful parent that makes the kid put away the toys, as evidenced by his powerful OHKO move

3. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    i just unlocked sonic. i don't get what everyone's so upset about him being so difficult to beat. i used marth on my 10th, up smashed a few times to juggle, then forward smash and up + b to finish off sonic. easy as pie.

4. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

Completed all 41 events on hard (and boy was it). It is going to take quite a while to work through both classic & all-star on all those characters. Oh well, gives me something to prostrastinate with instead of doing my homework.

5. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Heh. After a long day of flying from Savannah, to Atlanta, to White Plains, I get home and what's waiting for me? BRAWL. :rock 

Already unlocked Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, Marth, and Snake (God he's a pain, it took like 5 or 6 tries as Marth). I'm still conflicted about how I'll go about unlocking the rest. I think I'll at least do the 10 Classic Mode wins to get Sonic and do the rest in SSE.

Name: BMV28
    Friend Code: 5327-0675-8836

I'll PM those I add. Let me know if you add me.

6. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Been playing around with the stage editor and throwing computer opponents into my stagest to see what happens. Apparently they don't get the concept of spikes very well no matter what level they are at. Still, at least I know that you can't exceed 999 damage

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

^Haha, been meaning to do that for a while now. So far I've created Saffron City and Hyrule Castle from Smash 64

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I had a question, for the life of me, I don't know how to get my self to be powered up for the final attack. How does that work?

And also, what the hell is the button that makes you do the victory poses(like the ones in the old versions, I.e Young Link chugs a bottle of Lon Lon Milk).

9. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

At a random point of the battle, a Smash Ball appears. It looks like a coin with the Smash Bros. emblem on it and it glows different colours. It floats around the stage until it's been attacked enough to break. Whoever breaks it gets access to their Final Smash; which is used by standing still and pressing B.

If you're using a Gamecube controller, it's the same button(s) it always was, i.e. the D-Pad. Except now, every direction on it, rather than just up, has a different taunt assigned to it. As for the other control schemes, I only know that for Wiimote+Nunchuk, it's 1 and 2.

10. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Ah, the only 2 buttons I didn't try pressing, the 1 and 2...

As for the smash ball, I probably picked one up before but never noticed anything. That probably would of helped in that fight against Tabuu

11. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

With the Wiimote alone it's the A button and you have to press left, right, or down on the D-pad along with it for the other three.

Also I need to play around with stage builder more. I have only made one crappy little stage so far.

12. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i just found out an awesome way to kill people in cruel brawl. i managed to kill 9 of them earlier today. you use pit and jump of the side of the stage. flap 3 times, the first 2 flaps you stay away from the edge of the stage and the alloys should jump and try to follow you. for the 3rd flap fly underneath, then up-b yourself to the other side and grab the ledge. if you're lucky, 1 or 2 of them will try to follow you under the stage and they'll die. the rest will follow you to the edge. then drop down and repeat. technically you could keep doing this forever, but it can be a little tricky to pull off, and sometimes the alloys can smash you even when you're hanging, but it works really well. i saved the replay of the time i killed 9 of them, i'll try and record it later if anyone wants to see what i mean, or i could just upload the replay data somewhere.

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I killed 10 of them with Ike, thus finishing the challenge. What I did was hang from the ledge, jump and press away from the ledge, do my second jump to get them to follow me out then Aether to the ledge since Aether has super armor during the beginning. A lot of them will have jump too far and will fall to their deaths and you may spike some Alloys with the Aether. After about 5 times though, the game won't ledge you stall on the ledge so you'll have to get back up and probably run to the other ledge to gather the Alloys.

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Thanks, toma, that was a sweet tip

15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I've added everyone whose posted their FC's now, please add mine:

0645-5443-1656

16. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    i'm curious - is there someway of knowing who's added you as a friend? i just added a bunch of people

17. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

if you've added them, you'll see that they've confirmed you on your friend list.

18. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    If you want an easy way to get stickers and CDs you can try this method I saw over at Gamefaqs.

I tried it with Meta Knight and unlocked anywhere from 10 to over 15 CDs in one match. I found that using Meta Knight's side special, Drill Rush, works very well. All you have to do is get the Sandbags on one side and drill forward and up the wall. The only thing is CDs disappear quickly so when you hit the ground run fast for them.

19. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Gonna add everyone tomorrow, but is there like a master list yet or am I gonna have to dig through the topic to get FCs?

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    front page of thread.