The Official Super Smash Brothers Brawl Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by pinoy78, May 22, 2007.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    When I picked up my copy I asked and the manager said they had not had a single report of it yet -they have sold about 200 copies so far.

2. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    are you for real? i thought they said SSE would be completely optional.

3. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Counterpunch: NE, Tri-State area, NY-NJ-PA
    Wii: 5185 0221 0651 7146
    FC: 0001-2965-7634

Info on Wi Fi play:

NY to LA: Connection = Red, Lag is VERY limiting to play.

NY to FL: Connection = Green/Yellow, Lag occurs, but is not damaging to overall enjoyment.

Local: Connection = Excellent, like playing at home.

All this being said, please indicate where you are located in the country. States are nice if you're willing to say, otherwise, please state the region. It'll help match making out a whole lot. Let me know if you're in the same region and adding me, I'll do likewise.

4. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Every character has 3 ways of being unlocked. Either they join you in SSE, you do something involing classic mode, or you do something involving play a lot of brawls.

mine was through classic.

5. DWN013

DWN013 Holy crap in a pita!

I played a buddy's copy yesterday. Some thoughts..
    1. New Bowser kicks ass. I learned him back in melee as kind of a joke character, and it's really sweet to be able to win consistently with him now. And whenever I got a smash ball I'd yell "GOJIRAAA!!"
    2. I'm surprised with how good I'm doing with Ike and how much I like him. I was never a marth/roy fan in melee.
    3. Is it just me, or did they really nerf Samus's charge beam? Since she was my primary in melee, this is annoying, but I'll get used to it.

6. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

the gamecube controller is a great controller for paying games designed for the gamecube. unfortunately i don't find it so great for ports, or snes games on the virtual console. i've been using the classic controller myself just because the cord on a gamecube controller is a little too short to reach from the wii to my couch. it was a little awkward at first but after a day of non-stop playing i find it's just as good as the gamecube controller.

7. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Played the game for a great deal on Sunday. I got 7 more characters to unlock now, and too many stages. Going to try and get Sonic today. For the GS tournament, my friend won it. I made it to the semi-finals though. If I had won that semi-final match it would have been me against my friend. Online rocks when playing against people close by. I haven't found anyone online, but didn't wait too long

8. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    No one has got the random online matches to work yet (well, not here, Seibs, or SRK...). The Friend matches work fine though.

9. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Um... yeah. Okay. Circuit City shipped my copy today, instead of tomorrow. The site still claims it'll arrive on the 25th. But my Gift Card arrived nearly a week before its expected arrival date (my dad thinks it arrived Saturday, when the order status said the 13th). So I have no idea when Brawl will actually arrive.

So I have two options. My dad said he could pick it wherever for me, and when the game I ordered arrives I can return it at the store (the site says I can do that). Or I can wait it out and hope my game arrives while I'm still home. I've waited this long, I can probably wait a few more days than I expected (especially when I have Guitar Hero, Mario Galaxy, and other games at home to occupy myself), but I really don't want to run the risk of my spring break ending before I even get the game.

My shipping notice e-mail said that tracking numbers aren't available until the evening that the order ships when the carrier picks it up. But my order status says it's shipping by USPS Standard Service, which means I may or may not get a tracking number.

*sigh*

10. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i think i inadvertently played against soundwave.a last night cuz i have a connection rating for him......

in a match of link vs meta knight vs green diddy kong on shadow moses???

remember??

i was link, i won :D 

11. gil

gil Godmaster

That sucks. I did the first two levels of Subspace Emissary, and I have no real desire to complete it.

It is completely optional. Too bad the other way to unlock Toon Link is playing 300 vs. matches. Hmmmm.....wait, I already did 50 vs matches in a single day of owning the game. Maybe this won't take that long after all.

12. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Preordered mine from Walmart.com using the $10 dollar gift card they gave everyone for the price hiccup that happened awhile ago. According to the tracking info, the game should arrive today!

13. SuperPrimalZ

SuperPrimalZ Well-Known Member

Hey Hey everyone! My friend code for the game is, 1547-4893-6918, with the nickname of JAA(up Arrow)(down arrow). So reply back if I add you!

Onto my progress, I've beaten SE, unlocked everyone, minus Jigglypuff. And I'm having a blast playing with Snake.

14. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Wow, you guys are really flying past me. I've put in about 6 hours, and only have about 27% of SSE complete. Has anyone else tried the "Remote-sideways" control style? I've been using that, and have really gotten into it. Even tossing a weapon with B+2 isn't as hard as it looks.

EDIT: Does anyone know if you get an individual trophy for each of the Pokemon under the Pokemon Trainer (like you do with Samus and ZS Samus)? I'm hoping that I don't have to run through Classic three or four times with the Trainer just to get all the trophies.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  15. DX7879

My friend was able to get a one on one match vs. a random person. I gave up after about 2 minutes of searching to play my friend instead though.

16. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

My guess is that you get four trophies all at once for beating it with the Pokémon Trainer. Like in Melee how you got a Zelda and Shiek trophies at the same time.

17. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Woot, just buyed the game today, and man I'm rusty! I was good in Melee back in the day, but now I suck at brawl so far :p  I try to play with the classic controler, but I can't get to use the D-pad for moving so it suck :(  We'll with pratice I'll get to it I guess. I've played classic once so far and unlocked Captain Falcon :) 

18. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

I finally got the game and it works on my wii so its been fun my cain and ball is 4339-2183-0260 so let me know in a PM if you add me. If we ever do a brawl we should all get skype and use that for in game chat =).

19. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I have and it's what I'm going to be using. You can also throw with - instead of B+2.

Also the Wii-mote and chuck controls are awkward, the Classics controller is very similar to GC just with slightly different button mapping since there is no Z.

Also in case anyone didn't read the friend code thread, my Brawl FC is 3136 6259 5765.

Someone suggested that earlier and I think that's what we should do.

Also Skype to Skype calls are free for those curious.

20. DX7879

Unless I need to play on a harder difficulty, I beat Master Hand in Classic with Zero Suit Samus and Zelda, and I only got the one trophy instead of two