The official "Show Off Your Autograph Collection" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SHINOBI03, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Basil Fawlty

Basil Fawlty Active Member

"keep it out of UV light and it should look great for years to come"

5 yrs after Robin Ideal puppet got sgd , the green sig is gone - it was never in light :( 

Do NOT use green on plastic like that !

2. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    Nothing in the way of Transformers merch, but I have a Blue Eyes signed by Eric Stuart
    F80085BE-3033-477E-A692-D7ACF21E05CB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Basil Fawlty

Do not buy from : Piece of Past (scammed me 1k) , HS (Hwood Show.....fake Aniston Swifts) , Todd Mueller

Possible network : PoP , HS , jackmsell FL , colbystreet in MI (last 2 sells items with PoP coa's)

Colby sells Newmars identical to the crap PoP sent me in '11 pre order , in '15 West and Ward told me they were forged. West and Newmar were un-insc even though both had insisted on inscriptions at cons for yrs. Wests manager Fred was firm on this rule. Newmar/Meriwether sigs also looked too neat to be human writing , also i noticed burn marks on one of the Meriwethers - what human hand writing does that ?

PoP claimed Ward was his client in 1999-00 , i asked Ward thru email : he had never been his client

PoP also claimed some items stolen then seven yrs later they on ebay , not first time hes tried stealing , read StarWorld yelp review (collector lost 1000s , PoP only refunded 800$)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  4. turbobluestreak

turbobluestreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Are you saying don't buy from Hollywood Show?

tbs

5. Basil Fawlty

No , i would not buy from them , if they can forge Aniston/Swifts theres bound to be fire somewhere

Gene Hackman Private Signing-Hollywood Show

Also theres a reason why StarWorld shut down (previously owned by Elkouby)

When i asked for refund from HS they were giving me run around (Elkouby blaming Kevin Martin and vice versa) , pre order was thru HS but PoP had my items last

KM denies having anything with fakes but ive his emails and he was clearly responsible. I still dont trust Elkouby though

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  6. turbobluestreak

News Credits:
    Hollywood show, the place that runs 2-3 conventions a year?

tbs

7. Basil Fawlty

I dont have a prob with the shows , its their store i find dubious

8. Basil Fawlty

Quote about Elkouby from yelp review , now current owner of HS :

Thieves. I entrusted them with some very rare autographed photos of the cast of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. There aren at least a dozen signatures on each including the principle actors and most of the Transylvanians, at least 4 of them have died since signing these.

Star World did a "private signing" with Tim Curry. We were able to drop off items we wanted signed, so I dropped off my stills and a poster along with a $300 in cash to have Tim Curry sign my items. Well, the stills got "lost" and "disappeared." The owner of Star World told me that the man he entrusted them to, "KEVIN MARTIN", arranged the signing with Curry. Martin was given the items. Martin claimed to the owner of Star World that they "went missing". Strangely, my poster didn't go missing.

I am the co-author of the book Rocky Horror - From Concept to Cult.

Incidentally the owner of Star World told me that KEVIN MARTIN is a huge Rocky Horror Picture Show fan. I'm not saying... I'm just saying.

So Star World says they don't have my stills. Kevin Martin told Star World the he doesn't have my stills. Who has autographed pictures? Some thief.

-------------------

(also would not buy from Outlaw Hobbies , ACOA or not)

9. Basil Fawlty

10. Buster D

Buster D Well-Known Member

Spotted this at a Japanese convention (Amazing Shoutengai) . I guess it's José Delbo's signature? The final o at least resembles other photos of his signature that I can find online.

[​IMG]

11. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got these two Marvel Transformers comics signed by the great Jim Lee at Torpedo Con in Los Angeles yesterday. He also signed some X-Men stuff for me. Was also happy to meet artist Frank Cho on Friday and get some autographs from him.

221374918_10216173587571954_4218233373184339060_n.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. turbobluestreak

News Credits:
    Nice signatures! Glad to see cons starting back up again.

tbs

• Like Like x 1
  13. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

I posted these in G1 appreciation, forgot to put them in here.

Went to Indiana Popcon a couple weeks ago. The 2020 con was canceled (for obvious reasons) so I thought I lost my chance to have Jim Cummings sign one of my color models. But the con came back this year and so did he!

C4F59EBE-D109-4734-9750-27E0C5B46719.jpeg

Rob Paulsen is an incredibly nice person, greeting everyone with a big smile and handshake. I made this print of his TF characters to sign:

9CD6FE29-130A-4C72-991D-00083045BACF.jpeg

For me, talking to him is just so bizarre because his normal voice is so close to his Raphael voice, it’s like literally talking to a cartoon character. I had the same feeling talking to Michael Bell, when it was like talking to Duke :D 

Maurice Lamarche was there too, but I’m not sure there’s any point in getting his autograph on anything TF related when he had like 2 lines in one episode o_O 

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Rescue Bots! He’s the dad on that show.

• Like Like x 1
  15. turbobluestreak

News Credits:
    That model sheet is super cool! Where did you get it?

tbs

16. turbobluestreak

News Credits:
    Went to Columbus Toy Show (CTS) today for a few Samantha Newark signatures. She is super nice and she really would like to come to a TFCON to meet fans and reunite with old friends. So please send TFCON a message to bring her to the next TFCON LA.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Samantha had found her script for B.O.T. and made copies of it to autograph. I normally don't buy reproduction items but this has all of her notes she made on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tbs

• Like Like x 2
  17. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gorgeous signatures! Her annotated script is a cool item indeed! I've had the pleasure of meeting her at Botcon 2014 and I'm hoping to see her again at StocktonCon next month, fingers crossed no cancellations!

• Like Like x 1
  18. UndertakerPrime

That particular one I got from a series of eBay auctions in the early 2000s. From what I understand, a former VP of Hasbro allowed WhizBang Collectibles to broker a sell off of a bunch of TF-related materials, including color models like this one, box proofs, toy prototypes, etc.

I was able to buy 11 color models at the time. I’ve since bought 2 more from a board member, and another board member, Furyan, owns almost all the rest that were available.

Mine is the only one I’ve ever seen autographed. I have them all framed and I’ll hang them in my collection room once I get it organized.

4BE5B3FB-1E4B-4BF7-9378-57FD8FD1CD1F.jpeg 79FAA003-39E5-417E-A9A4-987327B3891F.jpeg F4015F00-F2D2-4DBF-9D0C-BBE730CFF052.jpeg 98CEEABE-42BF-433E-A013-17C698ADD97A.jpeg 8C1441C9-9CC5-4E40-BB37-AE4F81DD40B1.jpeg BAF69AB4-A912-4569-BFAA-3CB18FB34841.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  19. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Went to two California conventions this past weekend, first on Saturday was Powercon in Anaheim. I didn't have time for Disneyland unfortunately, but i did visit Disney Downtown :) 

It was good to see Alan Oppenheimer again at the show, he signed the Kingdom Warpath figure for me this time
    warpath.jpg

Met the lovely Tiffany Smith who signed a photo of her character Andra from the Netflix He-Man Revelations show.
    amdra.jpg

Came back home on Saturday evening and on Sunday I went to StocktonCon to get Joe Zieja's signature on the Walmart Netflix WFC Bumblebee.
    bumblebee.jpg

Hoping to be able to go to TFCON in Baltimore next month!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  20. UndertakerPrime

I really hope Mr. Oppenheimer comes to Indy soon. I think he was scheduled for a con here last year before it was canceled.

I’m super bummed Bruce Boxleitner canceled coming to Indiana Comic-Con in October. He was the main reason for me going. Tron meant a lot to me as a kid and got me interested in computer graphics (which later became a career in GIS).

• Like Like x 1