The Official RESIDENT EVIL thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by maninthebox94, Aug 13, 2009.

1. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

I think for 7,I enjoyed the eerie experience but didn't feel like an RE title. Also I think another reason why I was not a big fan of RE7 was lack of type of enemies. You're pretty much fighting the same 6 type of Molds throughout the game and yes I understand it part of the story but make more that look different from one another. I remember I was shocked when I fought a fat one lol.

That is the one thing I do tip my hat to on Village,atleast there's more a variety of enemies lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's really not.

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    RE6 just ruined RE for me so badly that I gave up on the franchise. It's only been the two remakes that have gotten me interested in the series again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FiVE1ZERO

OMG you made me remember RE6 lol. I remember waiting for the midnight release @ GameStop,got home and played like a couple hours or so and TRIED to make myself like it but just couldn't go through with it. RE6 was the biggest WTF purchase ever IMO for gaming lol. Looking back I think I loaded it to a friend and just didn't care for it and never got it back.
    Thank goodness for the Remakes!

5. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't say it was my biggest WTF purchase ever, as Hitman Absolution did that for me, but RE6 was definitely one of them. I sold the game off 2 weeks after I beat it due to how much I hated it. In fact, I hated it so much I got rid of nearly my entire RE collection except for the GC version of REmake, and then the PS1 copies to 2 and 3.

Thus, I got rid of RE0 on the GC, the Wii version of REmake, the Wii version of RE4, the PS2 version of CVX, RE5 on the PS3, and then the likes of Outbreak 1 and 2, Gaiden, the two Chronicles games, the movies I owned (1, 2, and Degeneration), and all of my unopened NECA figures.

6. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Excited for Legacy Sandstorm/SS86 Springer

News Credits:
    ^ I ended up getting a copy of RE6 early and I tried to love it, but it just didn't hit the marks, even though multiplayer was a lot of fun. Lol
    Revelations 2 was...incredible IMO. It had the drama, I got attached to the characters and I just had a blast all around. There wasn't really any parts of the game that I got bored or quickly ran through to get it over with. I logged quite a bit if time on Raid mode! I remember when *someone* got pummeled by concrete that I was like "You mother *beep* I'm not playing this game any more how could you possibly kill off *someone* and I hate this." But it was okay in the end. Lol

Then 7 came around and I was one of the few people kind of picked at for not liking it. I also didn't care for the same enemy types and the antagonists. They really didn't interest me as well as the protagonist who was just a faceless character when I was used to seeing characters I was familiar with. A good game that looked good and you can't really say it wasn't what people had been asking for in a sense, but not for me.

8 was AMAZING. One of my new favorite games. They took the risk and yet kept that 4 ishness that I loved and it paid off IMO. The game isn't perfect but it's about as much as what you would want in an improved sequel and characters I wanted to know more about and giving Ethan an actual personality. I can't praise the game enough and it has renewed my faith in the series as a long time fan. I was one of those people who have played 4 so many times, I could probably recite it bit by bit. Lol I knew that getting that experience again would never happen...until 8 came around and its one of the best feelings when you have lost a lot of your love for video games, but the joy and pure "first time experience" comes rushing back.
    I left the RE community because everything devolved into arguments and arguments over pure opinions. Just so toxic in a lot of places. So I stopped caring what others thought and enjoyed what I wanted to out of the series. I hope you guys can enjoy it too!

:D  /long lamenting post

• Like Like x 1
  7. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man everyone that loves the outbreak games and i hated them. Might have enjoyed them more i suppose if i had friends to play with. Alas just no fun.

8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing this brings back so many memories.

9. FiVE1ZERO

Hey just a heads up but in the PlayStation store right now they have the "RE Deluxe Bundle" for $10 which has both RE0 and RE1 Remastered along with all the DLC costumes for Rebecca/Billy in RE0. Hell of a deal.!
    Screenshot_20210811-193706.png
    Screenshot_20210811-193835.png

10. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I loved the first one, especially when I ended up with a really good team that knew what they were doing. The second game, not so much. I loved the zoo, but the hospital was very repetitious and annoying thanks to the leechman following you all of the time while the last mission was too damn long. Like I thought the university in the first game was long, but this was like twice that length. The worst part was when I encountered a glitch and the game would not let me and one other player get onto the helicopter. Half of our team took off on it, leaving us to fight the other big boss on our own.

11. FiVE1ZERO

Nephew's were in town over the weekend and love RE2/3 ReMake but then when I let them try RE0 they were in shock of the tank controls and fixed angles LOL. They were like "Uncle,how in the world did you even enjoy this.!??" Best part in RE0 was when they were panicking bc they didn't know what direction they where shooting Hahaha!

Last but not least,I booted my PS1 Mini (or whatever its called) and they attempted the OG RE. #Priceless

• Like Like x 2
  12. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully RE1 get's the Remake treatment.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im sure it will eventually. Hopefully after an RE6 remake

14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:

15. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish Shingo No-Prize

I can wait.

16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So having watched the new movie, I would really love another remake of 1 in the 2 and 3 style since the lighting and atmosphere of the Spencer Mansion was amazing in that.

17. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its out?
    Edit- i guess so. Shocked i havent seen more promotion around tv and stuff for it

18. FiVE1ZERO

For anyone who still wants to play/buy Village,Target and GameStop has it for $20. Was going buy it just now but passed as I think I just don't care for it and already know storyline.

19. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For 20 bucks its an awesome game. It was awesome for the 49 i spent

20. FiVE1ZERO