The Official RESIDENT EVIL thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by maninthebox94, Aug 13, 2009.

1. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I’m glad it’s only partially my degrading memory.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, the first time I played through RE2 I hated the sewers due to how maze-like they were. Not to mention I hate the G Mutants. :lol 

3. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    The game goes downhill after you leave the police station, no doubt, but it’s still great. Very interested to see what direction they go in with RE8.

I still have to play RE7 but frankly it scares the shit out of me :lol 

4. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wouldn't say it goes downhill, as I still loved every minute of it, it was just confusing as I'm used to the old one direction linearity of the sewers in the original.

I think the sewers are much superior in this game because sewers should be vexing. That and the gator chase was far more intense than just run three screen camera changes, drop a gas tank, and wait 2 minutes for the gator to bite into it.

I can't wait for RE3, but I'm not sure I'll get RE8 if it is still in first person.

5. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

Lol I got ridiculously lost and confused first time playing thru the sewers! In an odd way it sucks now bc I know where to go and that lost feeling of getting lost/Confused is gone now Haha

I think to me the games goes downhill once you're in the Lab as it felt waaaay to short. I remember thinking that is it??? Anyways if you guys need a fun challenge try and do what I've been doing,try and beat it on Hardcore without saving at all. It truly is challenging and the closest I've gotten is dealing with the Ivy's as I forgot to equip shotgun shells lol. And YES NO INFINITE WEAPONS FOR THIS CHALLENGE lol

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Gave in and bought REmake2 today

How persistent is Mr. X?

Is he always right behind you?

Did you have to hide for him to lose you or can me be knocked out, giving you time to explore the police station?

Are there scripted areas for Mr. X?

7. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Basically once he appears, he won’t disappear until you trigger a certain event. You have to run away from him and if you shake him you have to walk only (no running, no gunfire, both of which will cause him to find you and follow you again). You can stun him only momentarily with a flash grenade or headshots. You can’t kill him.

You will have the opportunity to go back to the police station later and pick up any missed items without him bothering you. Therefore, you might want to concentrate on getting out of there for now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    He's scripted to be in the A scenarios from one point onwards, IIRC after coming back to the station the second time.

There's a few rooms he won't enter even if he is right outside, so that gives you some reprieve. He's fairly easy to get around [I honestly never bothered shooting him at all] but you may find that you need to watch how loud you are in rooms where there's other enemies. It's ever so slightly easier in the A scenarios as you have a chance to clear tricky rooms before he appears. In the B scenarios he appears much earlier so you're quick on your feet from earlier.

If you're careful you can avoid him for most of the time. He's easy to hear when he's around [and outside the room].

Can't say much more without spoiling story elements :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. FiVE1ZERO

Yup totally everything what @Superhans said above. He really isn't as bad as everyone makes IMO. Also he can't go to the Safe/Save rooms,STARS office,Interrogation room and Clocktower. Have fun man,my favorite game of 2019;) 

10. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    The only other thing I might add is to kill
    Zombies in the main corridors and board up the windows early in the game. The main time he’s annoying is when you run away from him and turn a corner straight into another zombie.

11. FiVE1ZERO

Lol the worst shit is after getting the lever for the Jack you run into Lickers with MR.X trailing behind you Hahah. I literally paused it and started LMAO when that happened :D 

12. MetalRyde

Thinks for the info, everyone.

I haven't started yet but one final question:

I'm playing on easy first and are ammo plentiful?

13. FiVE1ZERO

I wanna say it's the same amount of ammo as Standard but the enemies are weaker. Hardcore is when they skimp you on ammo/resources. Good luck man and have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  14. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    Yeah it’ll be easy. You might just want to start on normal. It’s really not that difficult of a game - I hardly died at all in the first half. The zombies move very slowly and you can often just run past them. Two extra tips - don’t assume they’re dead just because they’re down (they can absorb a lot of pistol rounds and might get back up), and consider blowing off one of their legs instead of killing them. Aside from that, the inventory management generally isn’t that awful (it seems harder on the B game).

15. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    To be fair, he isn't as bad as everyone makes it seem because everyone was basing him off their first playthrough. The first playthrough he is a beast. I hid in a room for 40 minutes waiting for him to go away, not realizing he was a permenant fixture. Once you learn how to work around him it's not as bad except for the crank and bookself bit due to the room with the crank being full of Lickers at that point in the game and how long it takes to move the bookshelves in the library.

Now for my advice on the game, shoot a zombie's leg off and then knife them to death. It's much better than running out of ammo and you should have plenty of knives to kill everything. Sometimes you can even just knife a leg off when a zombie has fallen to the ground even without their leg coming off.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    My advice [and this works wonders in the B scenario] is to just shoot zombies in the legs to stun them and run by. This is very helpful in large open rooms when you need to run by them. In tighter corridors, shoot their legs to drop them and knife off a leg. They will be VERY persistent and scare the sh!t out of you with groans and moans but at least they won't come back up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MetalRyde

Ah. It's the moans and groans that get to me.

Nightmare fuel.

18. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've got a personal project where I'm introducing my friends to the Resident Evil franchise (I'm the only fan in my friend circle). My plan has been to go chronological order. My buddy Nate just beat Resident Evil Zero, and the recorded sessions will be coming out this month! Then my friend Hannah will be streaming REmake (likely Jill's story).

Excited to show them those two games and then the new experience in ReMake 2. Hoping to beat it before 3 comes out.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I hope the REmake3 Nemesis doesn't behave like Mr X.

Mr X has that "horror movie killer" fast walk going for him, which certainly makes facing him a tense endeavor.
    Meanwhile Nemesis fucking runs. Imagine gunning down Mr X, only for him to stand back up five seconds later, pop his neck like a badass and fucking sprint after you like Foxy if you forgot to check pirate cove. That shit doesn't sound fun at al