The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    What about the scale doesn't make sense? Tigatron was larger in the show. And the MP line is all about accuracy. Imagine if the [modern] MP line made Ultra Magnus a white repaint of MP-10. People would be pissed. I'd personally rather have a cast that's correctly scaled than one that reuses molds. Besides, they've already reused the Cheetor mold to make Shadow Panther, and I'm sure they'll find a way to reuse Tigatron too.

Also, do you even have a horse in this race? I thought you disliked BW in general?

^What this dude said. If you're that worried about it, browse on your cell phone? Or don't visit this thread? The forum may be about toys, but we're mostly adults, and we can use the big boy language. Shit, son.

• Like Like x 4
  2. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Both of you are right.

1. You shoudnt be swearing, there are better polite words to express yourself and

2. You shoudnt be lurking the forums during working hours. Less, while performing at work.

3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    So when it's G1, the cartoon got it wrong. When it's BW, the toys got it wrong. Got it.

My "dog" in the fight is the upward projection of costs in the MP line because this sets a stupid precedent. My dislike for BW is irrelevant. But for me personally I like having toys that shared a size class to continue to share a size class. If they ever get stupid enough to make a Voyager Ironhide, I won't buy it.

4. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

All this conversation of language got me thinking: what does it all even mean? Legion > legend > deluxe > voyager > leader > commander > titan -- like, I get that grand sounding names make for fancier sounding toys, but it all starts to become like those G1 tech specs: silly. A legend is worth less than a deluxe? Optimus (leader of the "good guys") isn't always leader class?

I'd say just classify them by their robot mode height, but enough countries with money still use imperial (don't even get me started on inches and feet), so they'd never go though the trouble of that. Could maybe grade them by stars, each star up being the next size class up. Make the stars red for the autobots, then purple for Decepticons. I dunno.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I'm not really sure what you're getting at here, but either way you're probably reading too far into my simple comparison. My point was, you'd want accuracy, and not getting it would be frustrating.

The costs for MPs were already on the rise far before Tigatron, though, so that's irrelevant. People buying a $400 MP Prime set an even stupider precedent. There is no "size class" in MP. They go by scale. So, in that respect, I'm glad we're getting a properly scaled Tigatron.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Can't speak for all of them cause they changed a lot before finally settling but I'm pretty sure Legends comes from "Legends of Cybertron" where the idea was "wow look, you can get all these important characters for pocket money!" and then it just sort of stuck as a term for small guys.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Earthrise has all but driven me out of this hobby. Hot take, but I don't care for G1 one bit. The movie was fine but the series wasn't this holy grail it's made out to be. The toys were laughable most times and Hasbro's incessant push for NOTHING but G1 is disheartening. Marvel Legends takes characters from just about every corner, Star Wars Black hits all three trilogies and even other supplemental stories, hell even power rangers has different series in their lightning collection. Why must Transformers be different? It's been fun but until they do something else, I'm done

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Studio Series does nothing for you? Or is that still considered G1...?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Are you telling me Bumblebee and the future movies aren't going in a G1 direction? Sure theres that Beast Wars movie supposedly in the works but I don't care for that series either. I'm a 2000's kid. I want RiD and the UT and Aligned and Animated even. SS had been a lot of shell forming and characters I never cared about from the films, so no, SS doesn't do anything for me either

10. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Those will be revisited in some form someday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

All of the G1-ness over the last decade+ makes some sense, what with the kids who grew up on it hitting their 30s (that lovely point where nostalgia and disposable income meet) around when the first bay film came out. Same as how we're just now getting a BW movie and more than likely a toyline with it, attempting to hit up near 30 y/os like myself for that sweet nostalgia moolah. UT and Animated should be getting their turn in another ten years, and then ten years after that we should get a renaissance of live action.

As for a rant, rabble rabble hollow legs. That's not me being facetious, I'm genuinely turned off by the hollow legs on the earthrise releases. Nothing I can really do about it tho, other than just not buy it, or she'll out an additional $20 per figure to ship in some gap fillers. Oh well.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    What's the deal with everyone saying Nicholas Cage is Megatron?

what the fuck are you talking about?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It absolute pisses me off that hasbro is remaking the EXACT same characters from siege into earthrise and all of look superior to their inferior siege one

• Like Like x 3
  14. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Not sure if this is a rant or what but we will see how it goes

Earthrise Prime vs Henkei Prime
    Henkei (well classics up until a few years ago) has been my prime for over a decade and now I’m considering replacing it with ER Prime but the issue os the sheer amount of stuff in ER id like I’m debating on skipping him.
    The pros to ER Prime are
    Removable Matrix in the chest
    Trailer
    His gun (more g1)
    Actual hands and not weird blocks
    Ankle tilts

but the big con to me is the cost ($80-90 here in Australia)

this is a real first world problem and i suppose my rant is about my personal views and how stupid i feel having them. Forking out that much money for a few small gimmicks but at the same time it would be nice to experience a new prime. Don’t really know where I’m going with this post at this point :lol 

15. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Yup, you shouldn't have to research every figure (cos that's where we're heading recently) to see if that's one of the ones 'to be careful with'.

You shouldn't need to sand pegs down on Ape Face and Grapple. And Grapple shouldn't be different shades of orange in places either. Astrotrain shouldn't have issues for his cost, hell he shouldn't have issues full stop. They're already skimping with hollow... I was gonna type limbs but it's everything now in Earthrise.

• Like Like x 6
  16. LakituDude

LakituDude Well-Known Member

Eh, only smokescreen looks superior to his siege counterpart. The other remakes have major problems that make me prefer the siege versions

• Like Like x 4
  17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Sometimes I feel like there's a relative handful of people at Hasbro that have dream jobs, don't appreciate that, and effectively squat on them as a result. That's why we get so many half-baked toys and every "distribution/quality is bad" feedback elicits a "yeah yeah mom, I'll clean my room tomorrow" type of response.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I kinda get tired of the same bullshit line of "they redo the same 8 characters over and over" what do you expect, they gotta have a core cast for the dumb kids to recognize you dummy, being mad about a new g1 optimus feels like being mad that gravity exists. Also, I don't get why people have this argument of "oh why do we need a new version of X character" not everyone buys the same shit and sometimes miss out on figures, why can't they get a chance to get a figure. how would you feel if every character has only one chance to get an update, and if it's garbage? yea sorry nothing we can do, we can't redo the same characters. I mean most of the 84 carbots have been done almost a decade apart, I feel like it's kinda silly to get mad that siege and earthrise updates those characters. I mean yea megatron and smokescreen are a bit too soon, but you know that some people don't like the siege smokers and meggers, these two kinda give them options. Just, options are good man, how would you feel if you couldn't get a sunstreaker because he was done in 2008 and poof that's it. yea second hand exists but sometimes it's a pain to get older figures. I mean I am exaggertating a few things and it is fair to get mad that that Earthrise smokescreen, megatron and optimus exist right after siege but....is it really the end of the world for little...greg people name their children greg right?is able to get a sunstreaker without having to scavenge through ebay as a dumb 8 year old? I dunno where I'm going with this, I'm just yelling into the void about stuff i'm kinda tired of seeing. WFC has had a balence of guys we already done and werido obscure nobodies, just don't buy them man. I mean that's 20-50 bucks you don't have to spend. so yea, my argument probably has a bunch of holes and thats fine. hope this makes sense to someone

• Like Like x 6
  19. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Earthrise Susntreaker looks like a trainwreck.
    1. Rear engine doesn't even sit flush and its apparently a weapon.
    2. Lambo mode doesn't have a spoiler
    3. His chest proportions look whack. bUt iT d0esN'T uSe fAux pArTZ!!!! Yeah, using faux parts benefits the bot mode for the better if used correctly. MPM Prime has his beer belly abdomen because its not a faux part like the original leader class toy, Robotmasters Convoy doesn't use faux parts and it looks absolute trash and MP Sunstreaker designers has said that in an interview that they TRIED to make his chest not fake but they just couldn't.
    4. His shoulders lack a ton of black so it looks super weird. It would've been better if his roof was smaller and his side windows were wider.
    5. The mold was clearly designed with Wheeljack and mind and the flaws hide far better than Sunstreaker.

I'm a fan of Sunstreaker and it's a shame that he's botched borderline CW tier in this case. I'm still picking it up (I own the MP) because its probably the only good CHUG version of him for the next decade and god knows if they're gonna pull another CW within the next couple of years.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Oh well. If I can't find a Target exclusive Red Hulk for MSRP, I'm just going to miss out on it.

I'm trying to have more patience and not be so fanatic in 2020 than in 2019. I can't tell how I feel about it yet, but it certainly less stressful, lol.

I already cancelled the BAF Venom, Earthrise Starscream and Grapple. That's $90 bucks right there. No Red Hulk? Boom! 120 bones.

I will save for the Earthrise Coneheads and Artfire instead and not have buyers remorse like I did last year.

I feel good. :) 

#endrant, end suffering from FOML (fear of missing out)

• Like Like x 4