The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

You know what, I did miss your point on the previous page. Apologies, Post deleted.

• Like Like x 1
  2. analogue

analogue Opinions are not facts. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    @Yaujta has a point here. You ask:

but we haven’t seen any of that from you to back your points. I for one would be very interested to see it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. popcorn

popcorn Well-Known Member

Even though I disagree with some of your points it's refreshing to see a well thought out polite post. Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  4. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not the one ranting about thief and such.

My point about plastic costs, molds and the likes that are being used again and again about pricing, don't require numbers as all one needs to do is go in any dollar store or Walmart or the likes and compare the pricing of any item made of plastic which sells for (by volume) a fraction of TFs do. Also, if KOs that are made of similar or almost identical plastic (and note that they recreated the molds to a near perfect level or even with modifications) proves the costs VS pricing. The main difference is the development/engineering at that point.

edit: psst cost for plastic averages at 20-30 cents per pound: Post-Consumer Plastics Pricing Sliding on All Levels
    and for molds: The True Cost Of A Plastic Injection Mold - PM Plastics Co

SO, with this info, for example let's say the mold was $60,000, and Hasbro produces an equal number of 60,000, then add about 20 cents of plastic, count in the factor for development, manpower, printed materials, box/container, etc, we could estimate a generous cost of 5$ per large (deluxe or larger) of actual value, the rest being profit.

Even a 4th grade level education should be able to understand this.

Anyways, again, let's move on.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I don’t feel any worse about my KO purchases than I do my official purchases. Let that say what it may about my morals.

6. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    You know, your entire point unravels when you throw in a blatant insult at the end of your argument. Keep it clean from now on, or else even the people who agree with you will not take your side. Just helpful advice.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I wish Hasbro didn’t waste money on the MPMs. Those designs need to die imo.

• Like Like x 1
  8. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    why do people read too much into things.... just stating that even a child could be explained something and understand it, offends you though it was not an insult in the least... what can I say that wouldn't offend you...

While I really like Omega, I do agree that some items could have been better.

Having MFT's Huge Dragon version, I almost wish that it would have been an upscale version of it as parts of HD looks better. That said, the WJ Omega looks so much better that a part of me wish that I would have gotten that one instead...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. analogue

analogue Opinions are not facts. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, you also said “don’t link to articles”, show your data, but then you linked to articles to back your points.

Even if I agree with some of what you said, that kind of sounds like you don’t actually have the data to back your points, especially when you close with let’s move on. And to be fair, there isn’t anything wrong with that, as long as you are expecting the same of others.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Haha! I'm not offended in the least but if you believe I was, then ditto. Now armed with that new knowledge, come up with another reason as to why I made that comment. It made seem pedantic, but the reason why I made the comment is important.

• Like Like x 2
  11. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think scale is important for displaying figures for some people (myself included) but scale obviously fluctuates, especially in the Bumblebee movie.

12. Kaynowa

Kaynowa Will defend even Armada Side Swipe

News Credits:
    My only gripe with KO is that "I'll wait for it" mentality. I love what BA and WJ have done with the MPMs but I would rather buy the official and KO as well. Support the company behind the franchise I love and get the intricacy and detail I want out of the figure. Yes that's pricy, and not what I expect. Just an ideal scenario

• Like Like x 2
  13. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    You need to look up strawman arguments. I provided links that has data and information, and not opinions, about costs of plastics and mold costs. General information in regards to my statements, as opposed to someone stating amount lost by Hasbro.

You know? Someone that states that Hasbro is losing money, that the increased in costs is justified, then asking for the actual figures and studies that proves such statements is warranted.

Slight difference that might be hard to grasp.

But now I'm done with this... Let's move on.

And why not simply state your reason as I'd rather not assume especially since it is important to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2019
  14. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Very well. Perception both internal and external. Forethought into the words we express ourselves with and self reasoning so we understand the meaning of what we say rather than treat every sentence as a thrown-away line. Self awareness was my point but if I'm the one who has to tell you the point rather than you performing a mental exercise to figure it out yourself, then most people in your position would consider it meaningless drivel rather than the betterment it was intended to show.

Long story short, me explaining the point actually hurts it. You needed to come to conclusion on your own or the point becomes entirely lost as it is easy to explain away when the answers come from elsewhere. Simple as that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    So here we are in a Transformers forum, toys by the way, and you are going for some sort of "wits" contest....

I had guessed your intent, but left it open, even though I do know what the reply to this would be so don't bother. You'll need to fill that void with someone else as, this was too low to even be worth continuing as I have no need to flatter my ego as you so obviously need. Seriously, I have much better things to do.

16. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Haha! Ironically, your answer now was what I was eluding to in my original post. So the statement I first quoted was an insult after all. Glad to know I interpreted it correctly the first time.

And if this were a contest of wits, I think we'd both be the losers here. No one with a working brain looks at either of us and thinks, "winner."

• Like Like x 1
  17. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    You shut your whore mouth. The MPMs are amazing, and they don't deserve to die any sooner than any other Transformer design.

18. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh, I don't think the MPM's are anywhere close to amazing, but a few of them are quite nice. I actually look at them as Studio Series 2.0.

-Prime's alt mode had issues lining up, but the bot mode was wonderful and had awesome articulation.
    -Camaro BB is pretty great, but with basic articulation.
    -VW BB isn't screen accurate and has hampered articulation.
    -Barricade is great but with a few areas that needed better tabbing in the shoulders and forearms.
    -Ironhide seemed like a mess. Read a lot of complaints about that one.
    -Megatron is huge for the price, which is cool.

Overall, I don't look at the line as true Masterpieces, but I also don't think any official line that people enjoy should be quashed outright due to bias against the source material.

• Like Like x 3
  19. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Can't Fight This Feeling!

News Credits:
    Where is this idea that MV1 Megs is shorter than ROTF and DOTM Megs coming from? Do people realize Hasbro designed them all to have equal height top to bottom, or do they only measure height up to the eyes?

20. imfallenangel

News Credits:
    You're the one who pursued this, continued to try and prove something and odds are, you'll not be able to not reply something to try and "win" this.

Myself, I'm replying this final time simply to say that all you've accomplished is being insulting and quite immature..