The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    Jetfire is the only SG bot I own. Definitely sounds like I threw the comic away. Oh well, I hope the dump rats enjoy it.

2. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

I still need his battle masters...

3. WallflowerBlush

WallflowerBlush Well-Known Member

its already up to 170. still over a day to go
    it won't stay and go up until its barely lower then all the others. this is why bids suck
    not worth anyones time

4. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're not missing much.

• Like Like x 1
  5. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Hey, I've really enjoyed having those comics in a stack unread on top of one of my Transformers bins!

• Like Like x 3
  6. WallflowerBlush

WallflowerBlush Well-Known Member

The lack of an 'adult'/teen oriented transformers animated show is so painful. The idea of WFC is great but fuck it's so.. bland.. and nonsensical by the end. Some ideas I liked but I think a 6 year old with his toys could have wrote a more compelling story

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

I don't think it's necessary, to be honest. If you make something that works for eight-year-olds, it'll work for everyone. Make something that works for fifteen-year-olds and everyone else will hate it.

• Like Like x 9
  8. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    The attempts at an "adult/teen oriented" transformers show are painful.

Hasbro needs to get back to making well-written shows for all ages, like BW and Animated. The two highest peaks in the TF canon, and they're both aimed directly at kids, just written well enough for all ages to enjoy.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Hobart Paving

Two of the highest peaks. There's Victory, too. And to a slightly lesser extent, Galaxy Force. Both of which, of course, are aimed at kids.

10. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

At this point, since Hasbro has largely been failing at producing new shows, they might be better off remastering the Sunbow cartoon using most of the original audio, improving the animation resolution/frame rate, and fixing the most egregious animation errors. But I know they wouldn't be able to stop at that. They would try to shoehorn new characters and current-era tropes and mentality into it and make a skewered corpse out of it. They would shy away from Carbomya and many other season 2 & 3 plots and characters.

Transformers as we knew it just can't exist anywhere but in our hearts, it's a different world today and even with access to incredible resources, the soul of creativity is too yoked and enslaved to the corporate will of profit and no one is willing to take any daring risks or innovate in an attempt to break the mold and rise above what has come before.

• Like Like x 6
  11. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because Hasbro thought it was a good idea to contract studios that had no experience in making tv style series.

I've said this on YouTube.
    If Hasbro still wants to do the Legacy series, let a Paramount studio do it.
    Hell, let Nickelodeon do it.
    But until Hasbro can ensure it lines up with the toys, which they failed to do with WFC, I don't want to see another attempt.
    And only one of which was dubbed to dubious quality.
    So they can't really be counted for anywhere outside Japan.

Really, I wouldn't consider any of the Japanese series as among the highest peaks. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hobart Paving

Daring risks and innovation like remastering a tired old cartoon? Yeah, that should do it. Hasbro really would be better off getting the masters of that Sunbow cartoon and burning them.

I'm confused as to why not. Do television programmes have to be in English to 'count'? Subtitles are a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

You aren't wrong, and that was my point, their capabilities aren't up to snuff with trying new things so they may as well rehash like everyone else is.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hobart Paving

Right, sorry. I get you now.

Yeah, they'd maybe be better off just handing it over to someone else again, like they did with Kenner for Beast Wars. The series desperately needs something new and fresh.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KFGatri

Ebay:
    What they need to do is unify the media efforts for the "older" and "kiddie" lines into one and focus on the "kiddie" lines, making the kid stuff once again for all ages. It's already better than the stuff Hasbro puts out for Generations, so let's improve it further and use it to expand the multiverse more properly.

Shows for CHUG are a recent development, and have uniformly been junk. They're also completely unnecessary. CHUG celebrates the past, so the cartoons already exist - Sunbow, BW/BM, RiD, etc. - and are already readily available on streaming. Heck, pretty much every old TF series except RiD is available on TUBI, which is free.The media tie-ins already exist, and are far superior to the pitiful efforts we've seen in Prime Wars and NetflixWFC.

CHUG was already selling well before the cartoons, so doesn't need the promotion. What's needed is to make the new incarnations as top notch as G1 and BW were in their day, so the kids of today become the next generation of us.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    TransTech was supposed to be in the vein of Deep Space Nine in that it was supposed to be set on a hub for all universes. You had Beast Wars characters intermingling with G1.
    Could have been perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  17. KFGatri

Ebay:
    Was that the original concept, or just what FunPub did with it? All I knew of back in the day was the design sketches that were released.

It's an interesting notion, but I don't think I'd have been able to get past the hideous character designs.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  18. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I really want a new bruticus most people dont agree

19. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    I think an ‘adult oriented’ transformers show would be good. But only if they handled it well. If they made it an excuse for the Bots to start just swearing n making sex jokes ‘because adult’ it’d suck because then it’d primarily focused on ill thought out attempts at edginess. Honestly it doesn’t even need to be primarily adult focussed more just made with an intention of actually telling a serialized story that may be a bit more than like shows marketed at 8 year olds can handle.

Trust me. There’s plenty of us who want that.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I actually quite liked the character designs. They were very much apparent as to who they were, with a new spin. They were the only modern comic book designs I actually liked.

Live action movies say "hi".

• Like Like x 2