The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Takara. What the fuck were you thinking releasing Trypticon without additional paint apps/accessories like you did with Max? Legends Trypticon is now at 100.00$ on BBTS while his TR counterpart is at 70.00$ why the fuck would you buy Legends Trypticon? This was before the unification mind you.

• Like Like x 4
  2. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It annoys me to no end when some members (you know the ones) act as if Takara is superior to Hasbro in every way.
    Have they forgotten that regardless of release differences, they are still partners?
    "Oh Takara does their own figures"
    So does Hasbro. Exhibit A: Cybertron Unicron.
    Never released in the Galaxy Force line, and not released by Takara until roughly 10 years later.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I'll be honest, I didn't even know people were still arguing which company is better. With brand unification and Pulse selling MP and Japanese exclusives directly, at this point they're effectively the same company (they're not really but on the consumer side they might as well be). Besides, in the past, Takara and Hasbro have both had problems with design missteps, using recycled/unsuitable plastics, and paint mishaps. Plus, it's kind of weird for people to think something they are not a part of as superior. It's like bragging for someone else. It's just weird.

• Like Like x 3
  4. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    People often will go to any lengths to justify a decision they made, especially if they see a decision made by someone else that counters that. Someone buying Hasbro when someone else buys Takara or vice-versa just triggers that instinct I think. To each his own in my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  5. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Soon as I saw that he was going to be the same, I cancelled my preorder. I try really hard not cancel preorders but I was _not_ going to pay $225 for a figure that I _knew_ would be $50 at Ollies inside of a year.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

Takara making better figures than Hasbro up until their unification is pretty much a fact

• Like Like x 2
  7. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Not really. More paint doesn't make something better if the paint job isn't to the customer's subjective taste. Just one example off the top of my head, I'm happy with my Generations Dirge because the stripes on the Gentei one are really ugly to me. Neither is strictly better than the other though.

• Like Like x 7
  8. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It’s really subjective. Sometimes they had better paint, sometimes not. I love my legends Sixshot, but they botched the eye paint on it. Some of the Unite Warriors looked really bland in comparison to Combiner Wars in my opinion, Drag Strip for example. And the original UW blast off is a bit of a hot mess compared to the Prime Wars trilogy Hasbro release.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The only "fact" between Hasbro and Takara releases were that the Takara ones were more expensive domestically due to import costs. Takara also went for more anime-accurate paint, and that combined with the added cost gave a perceived idea of higher value.
    Same figures (except for the occasional detail changes), same factories, same QC issues.
    If the Siege line is a direct result of the unification, then I never want to look back.

• Like Like x 6
  10. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t consider Takara releases as always being superior. Their Animated and Prime releases in particular I think we’re inferior to what we got stateside.

The Legends line certainly had some beautiful decos though. Ultimately, I’m fine with the brand unification if only because I will no longer have to envy more expensive import versions.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    I've got a lot to say honestly. Some controversial, some.. less so maybe? Let's find out.

First: the Evergreening and "only G1" that Generations has been going through. Sure, there are a few nods and MP is getting better (so hope y'all BW fans enjoy that Lio Convoy. Looks great), but as a 2000's baby, I want my RiD '01 and UT to be more than one mode of a G1 character's 80th toy. I get that G1 was the first, but how many times do you need to do the same toy? Honestly? Yes, the current toys are good, yes I bought some, but they're the only things out. And those fans who think EVERYTHING should be nothing but G1 and whine because something DARES to venture out of your three years of shoddily animated cartoon? Stop it. You've had almost two decades of G1 redos, pandering, and nostalgia. Beast Wars even had a 10th anniversary, but what did Armada get? Animated? Will Prime get anything? Chances are, it won't.

Second: IDW. I liked it at first, I liked the humans, I liked the designs, I liked the story and general tone. Phase Two, though? As a whole, no. MTMTE has some cool ideas (Mimimus, DJD), but.. A lot of what it gets praise for feels forced and there just to get brownie points with the internet, ESPECIALLY with how much it occurs. The characters I feel suffer for it.often, outside of Chromedome. Rewind shoulda stayed dead, that Overlord arc and his death and goodbye were well done.
    Kinda on that same point is how it handled women and necessitated all the identity politics. All the women being men at one point or being from a different colony world entirely? Why couldn't they have just been there from the get-go like in IDDoubleNew? No one's going to question a girl robot anymore than ANYTHING else about this series.
    Optimus Prime being an Atheist Jesus? Why? Why ANY of the mysticism? I never really cared for the Primes being a religious thing, always liked it as a military rank better. Optimus is best as a Dad rather than... whatever the hell he's become.
    Shockwave causing so much. Why? There are other scientists and other people to cause something to happen. How many times did he fake die?
    Windblade everything. She isn't a good character, stop it.
    RiD being a political drama... Was interesting but I didn't like it's execution.

Everything in this franchise taking itself so seriously. Why can't we have something with camp and cheese? Animated was serious but it also had fun. These are giant ass robots from space. I don't come to this for mellowdrama and heartache, I'm here to see how nuts they can go with this. Give Japan the reign on another anime and let them have FUN with this, please. It's a stupid concept, be proud of that and relish in its stupidity.

Give us a good game, too. FoC was a LONG time ago and the mobile games suck. Make a stealth game that takes advantage of the transforming or something.

Over for now.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As a 2000’s baby, I want everything to be as G1 or BW as possible. Guess that makes me some kind of scum.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

I hate that we are not getting steady mp product. By now we should have seen more official mp’s like Perceptor, for example.

14. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I swear to God some of these recent threads are making me vacillate between wanting to shoot myself, someone else, or simply weep in a corner for the future of any semblance of reading comprehension in the human race. :banghead:  Why some posters can't be bothered to read at least one or two pages back (being that some are longish threads I don't expect people to read everything) is beyond my thought process. Hell, a question asked and answered on the very same page is then simply asked again by someone else 5-6 posts later. People will go into long descriptions complete with links, diagrams, pictures, an approved doctoral thesis, in an effort to clear up confusion and answer a valid question only for two posts later someone ask the same thing! It's like the embodiment of the scene from Zoolander where David Duchovny has a monologue about why male models make perfect assassins, only for Ben Stiller to immediately again ask, "But why male models?" In the movie it's played for laughs and evidence of Zoolander's stupidity and obliviousness. In reality, it's nowhere near as funny.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    ...Is this about Lio Convoy's arms?

16. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually no. :D  I haven't even been in that discussion. Good to know that it's happening other places too.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Getting kinda tired of Hasbro waffling between crap designs and amazing designs.

18. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'M STILL WAITING FOR MPM RATCHET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  19. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Pretty asinine that the first time I find a Siege TF besides the weaponizer garbage that nobody wants, they take it back to hold hostage for three more weeks.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, a lot of folks who have found him at Target have run into this apparently, which is beyond dumb. There is some workaround where you scan another Voyager figure and put Springer in the bag at a self checkout but that seems like a lot of effort for a toy.