The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. AtomicGarden

AtomicGarden Well-Known Member

Nope. Not at all. No figure in particular. Just something I have noticed often.

2. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Gobot in disguise

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Good grief constructicons and jets are a hassle to pack.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I spent so much time thinking about this type of thing as a kid after the Quintessons showed up claiming to have created Transformers that I actually wrote a 450 page story about a religious sect of Cybertronians that had such fervent belief in the truth of Primus being the creator that they developed an entire mythos decrying the Quintessons as a product of a fallen general that had known Primus and had a huge falling out with him. Much in the vein of the story of the fallen angel Lucifer, creating an enemy of all Cybertronians that would then go on to cause havoc at every opportunity. The Quintessons were simply one of his more outward attempts at destroying the legacy of Primus in their view.

Of course, interwoven in this story were several other Transformers who considered this entire sect to be nothing but a bunch of complete nutters.

I had way too much time on my hands back then. I kinda miss that sometimes. Adulting sucks up most of my time now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

These piece of @#% scalpers and their enablers. See a seller with FIVE copies of ER Runabout who wants $80 + shipping. Nothing about a $20 toy warrants that price. So thank you to the two groups who help create these sad state of affairs.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... another post bitching about scalping. Just needed to vent.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  5. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

Something came in the mail today...
    Deez Nuts.jpg
    DEEZ NUTS!!!
    But seriously, this is a double rant...
    1. I ordered the almonds to get up to the free shipping threshold. Woke up the next day to an email that my almonds had shipped. The actual toy didn't ship until several hours later.
    2. Tiny can of almonds came in a huge box with all kinds of padding. Grimlock came in a box with no padding and my last 2 Ghostbusters figures came beat to shit in envelopes!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Whoa, what? I live in Wilkes-Barre, you want me to go hunt it down for you? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. soundwaveprime1

soundwaveprime1 Minicon junkie

Not so much as a rant, but some musings of someone who has been into this shit for 22 uninterrupted years.
    - I miss the really weird and ugly repaints back from universe 1.0. I want something as garish and painful to look at as Universe frostbite, but I want it to be high end and expensive. Newage is currently filling this niche for me, but I want something like g2 gigapower dinobots.

-Those paper twist ties can go straight to hell. The old plastic coated wire ties were perfect for bundling my errant cords, and I had an easier time getting things out of package as well.

-Why are the instructions so much goddamn worse every year, even on masterpiece?(Especially on masterpiece) .

-I miss back when a series would have 9 waves, now we rarely break 4.

-No mainline transformers series has yet to top the absolutely insanity that was Revenge Of The Fallen. Pick any voyager and look at how much of a chad motherfucker it is. That is what $20 got you back in the day.

-R.i.p. in pepperoni real gear, the OG diaclone reboot.

-R.i.p. mechtech, the OG fidget spinner

-Titaniums are trash. Every single one is a burning pile of shit. Pick one and laugh at how bad it is. People would willingly pay $25 for those and would scalp them for double.

-Who actually collected those 3 inch titaniums? Those stuck around a lot longer than I ever though they would.

• Like Like x 5
  8. KylewithaC

KylewithaC Well-Known Member

Miraculously found Netflix soundwave at Walmart today!!! So excited, I was looking for cheetor but they Netflix SW and optimus and I instantly snagged SW. still in disbelief, made price with myself I would never get one. Did looks even better in person

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Good Lord. One of the last wholesale TF purchases I made was deluxe CW Groove. Like every other time I thought "hey, there's demand for this, it'll sell no problem" (heck I bought _mine_ from BBTS at $20 or $25), I was stuck with my order forever. With eBay basically winding down, I've been letting some of these listings just sit at whatever price I set them at years ago. So Groove here is sitting at $27. That was basically where I broke even between eBay fees and Embarrassment Earth shenanigans. Now I've got somebody trying to haggle asking "my best price" on the three remaining. Run a search and, yep, my price is right at the bottom. Most of the listings are up into the $30s and $40s. It never fails.

10. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Hello! I'm in Port Jervis about an hour away. Have season tickets to the Railriders!

• Like Like x 1
  11. ybrik

ybrik New Member

Lol! I'm just frustrated that if I'm not going to have this item and get cancelled as this is the best price I've seen online.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Well, how about that haha

• Like Like x 1
  13. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Discovered today that my nephew/son(had custody for the past 5-6 years) decided a little bit back to steal my ER Thundercracker and Skywarp. I discovered TC in his toybox, missing a wing and with something broken in the port on his back. Skywarp he kept lying to me about until finally he divulged that he took it to school and it ended up lost.

Him sneaking other things is one thing but he knows how much I save for my figures and how much I value them. I am already working on replacing but, argh!!!!

14. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, a rant, but looking at my Earthrise map, I wish Kingdom had done a jungle style map with its figures. I'd certainly enjoy that more than the collectible cards they've included.

I think the Beast Wars figures would've looked better with it, too. IMG_E3129.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  15. deaddude

deaddude Well-Known Member

I appreciate your leaping barbarian pose for Optimus Primal - I had the same thing for a while until I could no longer resist the urge to re-pose the entire shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    I remember when Titan Returns was in full swing and people would swap heads and that would look cool and nice but the people would always say it was still bad because the colors didn’t match. However when has that ever been a rule? Heck just look at Skullcruncher who is in the very line these heads came from and his head is black and there’s no other black on the figure. So according to this rule that the heads need to match Sckullcruncher official is incorrect...

Saying the heads didn’t match drove me insane back then and still does.

17. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Weirdwolf has a gray head, doesn't he? Like a super dark gray?

18. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was more bothered by the Titan Masters not having heads scaled for Leaders. You can only exchange heads with other Leaders or they’ll look like G1 Scorponok.

19. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Ah yes, RotF was probably the pinnacle of toy value...

20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought the Retros and swapped parts and HMs to get the figures *I* wanted out of the deal. You should always do you, don't let others sway you.

• Like Like x 1