The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not stupid but they have been everywhere for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anotherfan

Anotherfan Well-Known Member

I have two
    1. ER Sunstreaker feet, i don't know why but the fact that they are faux parts (or half-faux? After all the right parts are there.) made me unhappy.
    2. Cyberverse battle call figures, mainly Wildwheel. Such a nice figure, but the retail price is equivalent of 30 usd. For what? Legends+ size class, hollow legs, empty space in box or that little bit of electronic inside his chest. I can only hope for that he goes on clearance, but then the shop might decided that if Transformers don't sell they are gonna downsize them in toy section. And there isn't much left to downsize.

3. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

tired of every thread opening up and the same person is complaining about the same damn thing they complained about in the last 10 or so

• Like Like x 3
  4. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

Rubbing alcohol can get rid of those no problem. I'd do it myself but I'm paranoid I might need to know what the printed code was for whatever reason in the future. Could write it down and then erase it, but naaah too lazy.

5. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I finally sat down and made a list of all the '84-'87 characters I still need and I have a lot more to go than I thought. Crap.

• Like Like x 3
  6. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Sunstreaker is my most anticipated figure to get and wouldn’t you know it, Target delayed shipping my preorder AGAIN.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some people on here are so predictable it's painful. For instance, as soon as an official figure is revealed, it's instant negativity towards the figure itself, HasTak, the fandom or the outlet selling the figure, not to even brooch the annoying topic of "wait for the KO".

It just seems that it isn't possible for some people to be able to convey an ounce of positivity, or self restraint for that matter. If there are Cheerios present, they MUST be peed in, no matter the cost!

• Like Like x 15
  8. Fallout

Fallout no one can see me cry

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    obviously everyone's situation is different, but when i see cramped shelves, people only collecting to tick arbritrary boxes (i hate x figure but it's the last of z group i need so i have to buy it!), or people barely being able to afford to collect but doing it anyway it baffles me. they're toys n they're supposed to be fun, but people make it way more stressful on themselves by organizing collecting into tiny litte boxes and try to rush collecting and make poor choices for it and make it stressful on themselves.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    People treating rumors as fact.

I know, I know, everything is true nowadays. But I like to have concrete evidence. In-hand photos of an "acquired" toy or a listing on a major retailer's site are great, blurry package art is ok, some random poster shrugging "maybe" is not remotely close.

• Like Like x 7
  10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's very much like an addiction. That joke about it being plastic crack is closer to the truth than a lot of us would like to admit.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hey, I can stop buying this whenever I want, alright? I just don't wanna right now, that NF Soundwave looks slick

• Like Like x 1
  12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, no judgment, I'm right there with you.

13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Tired of seeing people trying to look good by condemning other people or the fandom as a whole.
    Get over yourself and learn to enjoy this hobby without socially shaming others.
    We've got over two pages of this thread alone full of comments by people trying to paint others as ogres.
    Would be nice if we could talk about the hobby again instead of whining about fellow members or the rest of the fandom.

• Like Like x 4
  14. RKStrikerJK5

RKStrikerJK5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was... brilliant. And I love you for putting it to keyboard and screen. The divisions in this fandom are sometimes just insane to me. I too am probably a bit hypocritical, but overall... yeah. Hating someone because they like a part of the franchise you don't? That's wrong. That is 100% wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Tired of reading a thread and the same fucking person is complaining about other people for twenty pages.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  16. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Thats the pandemic effect, I think and its accross all the fandom, sadly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

It’s frustrating to watch people pick up an exclusive in store before the damn release date, one that you diligently preordered, while fully knowing they have to override story inventory/sales systems designed to prevent it from being sold early in the first place. And then, they’ll (overtly or humbly) brag about it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad I was able to kick the addiction. I've been selling off nearly everything and doing quite well to make some money off it. There's only a couple figures that even make me consider buying them now. I just got tired of the treadmill of buying the latest and greatest of the same character that I bought a few other times and then having to find space for things. It truly does feel like an addiction though, when you're really into buying them. I'd hunt all day for stuff online and in physical stores. The gas and food to maintain the hunt was ridiculous by itself.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with both of you. At the end of the day, no matter what we may prefer, we're all here because we are Transformers fans.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    More of a pet peeve than a rant: people who don't even know the names of the toys they're buying. We all make typos sometimes but that can't cover everyone. Countless people who think Tigertrack is called "Tiger Tracks" or the various mutations of "Scorponok". Or not knowing Runabout vs. Runamuck even though they're highly sought after figures at the forefront of the brand right now. Like damn man do you even look at the preorder page or do you just hit buy and move on?

Not meant to be a "you're not a TRUE FAN if you can't name every character" thing, but it's like... do you even want that toy or are you just buying it because it's there? "Picked up the white car guy today", yeah, you really needed that toy.

• Like Like x 8