The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad I was able to kick the addiction. I've been selling off nearly everything and doing quite well to make some money off it. There's only a couple figures that even make me consider buying them now. I just got tired of the treadmill of buying the latest and greatest of the same character that I bought a few other times and then having to find space for things. It truly does feel like an addiction though, when you're really into buying them. I'd hunt all day for stuff online and in physical stores. The gas and food to maintain the hunt was ridiculous by itself.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with both of you. At the end of the day, no matter what we may prefer, we're all here because we are Transformers fans.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    More of a pet peeve than a rant: people who don't even know the names of the toys they're buying. We all make typos sometimes but that can't cover everyone. Countless people who think Tigertrack is called "Tiger Tracks" or the various mutations of "Scorponok". Or not knowing Runabout vs. Runamuck even though they're highly sought after figures at the forefront of the brand right now. Like damn man do you even look at the preorder page or do you just hit buy and move on?

Not meant to be a "you're not a TRUE FAN if you can't name every character" thing, but it's like... do you even want that toy or are you just buying it because it's there? "Picked up the white car guy today", yeah, you really needed that toy.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    You had me until here. I may be in the minority but I often don't care for the character or the lore behind a toy, I care if the toy is good. If Runabuck is a good mold, you don't need to know the character's history or even their name to want it to fiddle around with.

edit: Runabuck is not me forgetting the name or being self-aware with the post, I just thought it quicker to mash them like that than write Runabout and Runamuck

• Like Like x 6
  5. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I agree no one is expected to know anything about the character or even care about them. I'm just talking purely on a comprehension level. The only way you could buy a toy (at retail or online) and not know the name is if you see the toy, probably online these days, click it, put it in your cart, order it, wait for it to arrive, and open it, and in all that time you're so rushed and impulsive you never even glance at the name.

Was not trying to say "you don't care about this toy as a character if you don't know the name" but like, if you somehow manage to go through the entire process of getting one so quickly because you just have to have it, and somehow, unthinkably don't even find out what it's called, that's some insane, uncaring speed and you should rethink what you're buying.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Oh okay misunderstood then. My mistake

7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    One thing that is getting increasingly annoying is wanting to read the forum and finding comment after blasted comment by some fragile droplet who decided they don't like another member yet keep replying to their posts with antagonistic comments or making roundabout statements out of some kind of need to entertain a personal vendetta.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As one who's been on both sides of the specific issue you're describing, I can say you need to put yourself in another's shoes, if only for a sec, and try and see where they're coming from.

There might be a reason why they're antagonistic towards a person, one might be a provocateur, one might actually *be* a bully (sometimes they might not realize it), and to be fair... Sometimes, people just have a stick firmly planted up their @$$es.

It works both ways, though. Sometimes people don't need to be so sensitive and defensive, and other times people don't have to bait, goad, and provoke. In either case, is it absolutely necessary to say something? It might be a right to speak, doesn't mean we're actually saying something of value. Sometimes, actions and words are best left kept to ourselves.

Though, if someone starts a fight and wants to throw down, right back at 'em. Don't start it, but finish it if necessary.

9. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I tended to mix them up because they were never very important characters to me and because it wasn't like one was ever a thing without the other. Like Tamox and Xamot, where there was Runabout there was Runamuck. So for the last 30+ years it was RunaboutandRunamuck like one gestalt character, always together, one white, one black. Never had a Luigi's Mansion where one could step away from the other to shine on his own.

10. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    RunaBout is the Black one, it's how I kept it straight.

Like rumBle being Blue and fRenzy being Red

• Like Like x 6
  11. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

1) Yeah I finally figured that out recently because I needed to know which figure to search for this year.
    2) That's got to be confusing what with Rumble being Red and all.

upload_2020-11-19_22-23-36.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knew Runabout was the black one because I only had the one Battlecharger for a long time before I got Runamuck. Heh.

13. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Runabuck is actually their never-before-seen gray moldmate.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Howitzer Hound

Howitzer Hound 1-Part Hound, 1-Part Howl, 1-Part Itzer

News Credits:
    Oh no. Oh nooooo! We can't do this. We shouldn't. I can feel the need to defend FIBRIR coming through! Quick, someone change the subject!

On a more serious note: I never thought about the RunaBout Black, Runamuck White thing before. Somehow. So thanks for that! No matter how hard I tried, I always got them confused.

15. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

dead horses color variants must be some of the the most surreal things to observe for the fans that happen to be those kinds of colorblind. And totally blind, for that matter. Of which I am neither, but even then I still kind of find it all surreal that simply casting a mold in different plastic = new character.

Also: muck-about.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Not confusing because where's Frenzy's B? RunaMuck his his White in the M. Frenzy has Red, Rumble has Blue, its just science. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a cube earth rally to attend

• Like Like x 1
  17. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Ball joints, why must you still exist?
    6552D4C2-FC98-428B-A0B6-5B923FF30CF4.jpeg
    1. They’re ugly and obstructive to the accuracy of the design, especially from the front.
    2. They could easily be replaced by pin joints which DOTM Commander Class Cyberverse figures from 9 years ago used.
    upload_2020-11-21_19-57-13.jpeg
    The only good thing to ball joints is that you can spin their forearms 360° which is simply redundant for what they sacrifice aesthetically IMO

• Like Like x 4
  18. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Considering we’ve gotten to the point where ball joints on a cheap budget class figure is the biggest complaint i honestly think there is nothing more to rant about

But in all realness hinge joints that small that get used that often would probably be really fragile

• Like Like x 8
  19. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    It's worth the extra articulation.
    I agree.

• Like Like x 4
  20. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    It sucks when all the "A" stuff on my want list keeps accumulating and keeps getting delayed/awaiting a re-stock for weeks, months, unknown...

All the while, the "B" shit I want is readily available, but I'm unwilling to buy until I get my "A" shit first.

:p :confused: 

• Like Like x 9