The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

Well, just like @Peaugh, I’ve learned my lesson. I will never be ordering figures from Megalopolis again. I had the same exact scenario happen with Snapdragon that Peaugh had. I finally coerced them into refunding me, but they said it could take up to 7 business days to process. Everyone just avoid Megalopolis Toys, they started going downhill even before the madness started.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    What happened? I havent watched Peaugh in a long while

3. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Megalopolis not sending stuff

4. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

I ordered Snapdragon last week. Their site indicated it was in stock. Knowing how difficult it is to hunt for figures right now, I jumped on it. A week later, nothing had been updated on my order as far as tracking or shipping. I emailed them and they said Snapdragon actually won’t be in stock until NEXT WEEK. I mean, are you friggin’ kidding me? It’s worse than them not sending stuff. They’re lying about having it in the first place. I demanded a refund and will never shop with them again. I’ll just have to be patient enough to find it cheaper in the store anyway.

5. Goobcube

Goobcube Active Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    G1 is worse than Ghostbuster 2016. I hate how it´s all we get nowadays. total bullshit. We need a figure of sexy Optimus.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, what?

• Like Like x 6
  7. Optitron98

Optitron98 Guy who loves blue and sarcasm

Ebay:
    upload_2020-8-7_5-10-8.jpeg

"We need a figure of Sexy Optimus"-Goobcube

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  8. Goobcube

Goobcube Active Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Animated Optimus. The Giga Chad of the Optimus´s.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    There's a lot of things I'd call Animated Optimus, that isn't one of them. I do agree that he should get a new figure though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

I was going to complain about this on the Earthrise list. But who am I to be such a Negative Nancy? I'll post here among the salt.

The female transformers which are just folded up fembots in eggshells which themselves turn into massive backpacks are all pretty disappointing. I am all for female transformers, but they should be able to incorporate the vehicle into their actual form. That's the whole gimmick. All the ones lately look terrible.

You could engineer a convincing fembot I think out of the Datsun brothers style. You already have, uh, a mold with a big bust and a thin waist. Throwing it out there.

One of the best molds was TFPrime Arcee. Great robot and good looking alt mode. The only problem with that was scale. Obviously, a Suzuki X-series bike would be in scale to be about 5'8".

The only character I think which has made for a convincingly female form and a workable vehicle form at the same time is Windblade.

Yeah, I know. I'll show myself out.

• Like Like x 11
  11. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:
    I really wish postal workers would stop cramming packages that barely fit into my mail box. I shouldn't have to fiddle with it for a minute and still come out with a damaged box(that was obviously damaged by my mail box and not in the shipping process)!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Maybe you should get a bigger mailbox.

• Like Like x 4
  13. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I hate that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what figures/waves will actually show up at retail, and what ones will be impossible to find. Used to be that, as long as you were patient, you'd find what you wanted. Now there are figures I've legitimately never seen in person.

• Like Like x 4
  14. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    In the UK we actually have to wait and see what Hasbro sends to our retailers, and it’s not a guarantee we will get a whole wave or the selects and exclusives. We’re also not getting the wave 2 Micromasters domestically for some reason so they’re being imported in small quantities since they don’t sell here, but the problem is that from wave 1 of Siege no stores wanted to carry them anyway besides online and even then it seems like they didn’t get much stock either.

Totally sucks to live over here and now have to worry about whether or not you’re going to be able to source a set or something. I’ve no chance of waltzing down a toy aisle and finding the seeker elite (I did get it preordered on Amazon US as well as the Ironhide and Prowl pack) or that pit of judgement set sitting on a store shelf. Still waiting to see if that judgement pack will even be offered to retailers. It truly sucks, because I’ll end up spending about 2 or 3 times RRP on eBay to ship it over here. Makes it hard to want to continue collecting because it’s become a headache with all the exclusives plus preorders and if Kingdom turns out to be a bit crap then I’ll be glad. It’ll give me a break.

• Like Like x 2
  15. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!
    I finally find a goddamn Arms Micron Breakdown on eBay, I thought "fuck it, I'm paying whatever it takes", put the maximum I'm willing to pay in at the last second, I am the highest bidder but whatever the reserve on it was it still wasn't enough, the time ran out before I could go any higher because I was expecting a bidding war and didn't want to jump the gun, and now I remain without an AM Breakdown because of eBay's stupid automatic rounding down bids thing (why is that a thing?!) Fucking 2012 Hasbro being all "oH wE cAn'T bRiNg tHaT oVeR"...
    EEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is tangentially Transformers related.

I keep all my Titans in the bottom shelf of my Detolfs. I raise the shelf above it with rope screws. Works great for all of them except Trypticon, who it is poor dimensions for.

I have resolved to build a series of display cases for Trypticon so he can be displayed naturally. This basically involves building a stretched cube frame and covering sides with clear plastic or acryllic. The first attempt was with wood, which wasn't bad, but had far too thick sides and was bulky. The second attempt was with the Detolf Hyllis Shelf, which is great, except for being an entire shelf rather than just a cube, and having a dark top.

I go to Home Depot and Target and search Amazon, and I come away with nothing. I feel making a cube of sorts with modular parts or metal or plastic should be an easy exercise. It's not like it's some complex shape. But finding the right thing I'm looking for has proven impossible and frustrating, and because of that, I can't display Trypticon right.

This will come up next year too, because Unicron will have to be displayed like this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

Can I just take a moment to express my utter hatred for the captions on the wiki. Don’t get me wrong, I love the wiki itself, but the captions - GAH. They’re either insufferably smug, painfully unfunny or wilfully obscure, and often all three all at once. I’ve frequently found myself having to Google one of them to find out what in Satan’s arse it’s referring to, only to find it’s something mumbled in a cut scene in a semi-obscure Xbox game from 2012.

Here’s some prime examples:

E5E4EAAA-FCED-495F-89CC-099DB34DFDD7.jpeg

Why is this in German? You click on the link and it goes to Warpath’s page. Is this some sort of tank pun? In another language?

5745695B-C551-472C-99B2-9DD3E7676B89.jpeg

What does any of this mean. A) He has lots of poseable joints. B) There’s no glue on them. It’s not that it’s not funny, it’s that it makes NO SENSE AT ALL.

CEA57D72-570E-420B-810B-93A4C3F87695.jpeg

I know this is a line from Brooklyn 99. But what has it got to do with these guys? Is it simply that one of them is a police car? THAT’S the joke?

3C476BD9-D2DC-45CA-8060-E0BCE7126A27.jpeg

What. Does. This. Mean. Other than that I’m having a stroke.

2BA0FC38-94B7-4E8B-B211-AFB62E958AB0.jpeg

I’m sure this was very witty in whatever game it’s from. Not sure it makes any sense whatsoever here. Also the entire Brainstorm IDW bit is littered with this verbose sub-Naylor whiffle.

80CAA22A-1582-4C29-9CD8-646F2239454A.jpeg

This caption was written by a moron.

B268B3E4-AD11-4E7B-B5BA-00FB3A58C1C9.jpeg

Oh ha ha ha, because he’s JAPANESE, you see.

1919ABCD-CC4A-4AE5-9B41-BB3006D21CD6.jpeg

Ffo kcuf.

D8E95AA2-57E1-4037-AE12-9108C2140420.jpeg

And we close with this. I mean this couldn’t be more awful if it was doing the election / erection “gag”.

I really, really, REALLY hate these captions. Many of the people who contribute to the wiki are very lovely but the place really struggles to avoid being smug. The captions though are like reading the fever dream of a caterpillar chewing an LSD-laced dictionary. Hate them.

• Like Like x 15
  18. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

It's crap like that why I haven't used the wiki for anything in years.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    It's to refer the fact that Hound is so fragile you'll have to glue everything together to keep him in one piece. Kinda funny if you ask me.

• Like Like x 10
  20. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Cave Johnson from the Portal 2 DLC. I don't know the Brainstorm scene in question so can't comment on it being applicable.
    The joke is he's, I guess, sereotypically Japanese and that "studied the blade" thing is over the top and cringy and said by fedora neckbeard types.

Not arguing your points, just clarifying a couple of them that I noticed