The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Yeah, I forgt that one - He's basically a stylized F16.

But yeah.... as you can see it's been a while...2011/2012.
    Same goes for TF Prime Dreadwing F35.

2. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Me after seeing the G1 VS Movie debate again: tenor-5 (2.gif

• Like Like x 11
  3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Remember when partsforming was universally seen as lazy, instead of being staunchly defended for no real reason?

• Like Like x 13
  4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    So, you're asking me why 90% of the figures in the movie lines were based on characters from the movies? Seriously? The CHUGRtSCWTRPotP have all of those figures based on the G1 cartoon, despite it being 20 years prior, and in addition to the original toys. Studio Series is the first movie toy line that's not running concurrently with a movie release (aside from Bumblebee).

It's not within my collection interests, so why would I?

Cool. It also shows what they thought sold better between 2007 and 2017.

That's not under $100. And that's still far more than I'm willing to pay for a figure that was released at $20.

I was being facetious and didn't actually expect you to. Plus, you have the reissues anyway. But no, the crux of my argument was that we've gotten characters that did not have fair representation in the movie lines, or were unavailable in the US. A majority of the Constucticons, for instance, or Leadfoot and DotM Soundwave, who never made it to the US when the tail end of DotM was cancelled. Or figures we've asked for since the beginning, like Leader Blackout and DotM Megatron.

That's putting words in my mouth, but whatever. Fine by me.

No, this isn't suddenly moving from anything. My initial post talked about the over-saturation of G1 in every facet of the franchise and spoiled and entitled fans like you who complain when anything is not G1. I agree that BW is criminally under-represented, and I can't wait to see what they do with it. I'd love to see the Animated folks get some love too.

I honestly don't care. As long as the movie fans get everything they want out of SS, the '86 movie can have a field day. I don't know how or if those figures will be any different from ER figures, but whatevs.

What the hell are you even trying to get at here? Your original argument was that the movies left nothing for the other fans to enjoy (somehow completely ignoring Classics through Generations, which ran at the same time), as a response to me saying to let people enjoy what they like. Seriously, what the hell?

Cool. I grew up with Beast Wars, and had brothers that grew up with G1.

He Man, TMNT, Inspector Gadget, Alvin and the Chipmunks (also released in 2007), Care Bears (twice), Dennis the Menace, Underdog (also released in 2007), Hairspray (also released in 2007), Miami Vice...

Sorry I didn't mention My Little Pony I guess?

Which one? About when the movie was pitched? It was pitched in 2003, which was during Armada's time. If you're asking about how the movie got pitched, it was because Hollywood was looking around for anything to use for inspiration, because they have no original ideas anymore (see above). It was already going on with properties from the 60's and 70's. Why do you think the X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four movies were a thing in the late 90's and early aughts? This is still going on today. That's why streaming services are filled with reboots of Voltron, Alvin, Scooby Doo, etc...

Bottom line: I don't care. I don't care about your opinions, your endless rants, or even continuing this argument. And guess what? No one else on these boards does either. So, take a chill pill, sit back, play with your toys, and, again, let people like what they like. If you like to ground up G1 figures into fine powder and snort them, that's your prerogative, and I won't rant about it. As long as I get the figures I want, I'm fine.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Can we please move on?

• Like Like x 6
  6. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Yes please.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Optitron98

Optitron98 Guy who loves blue and sarcasm

Ebay:
    So, moving aside from GEEWUN vs BAYVERSE (please for the love of god, this argument gets really tiresome after every single reveal and leak). I do wanna talk about Partsforming as @AutobotAvalance brought up. (Unless that is also an old tired debate?)

Honestly, what bothers me more than just partsforming is the excuse “the old toys did that.” Right the same toys that were heavily limited due to engineering and looked nothing like the show as it was actively trying to remove any and all vehicle parts to make animating easier?

• Like Like x 1
  8. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. The G1 seekers, while iconic, can’t hold up to even the classics mold from 2006. And that mold showed that the characters can be done without parts forming. And in my opinion, it doesn’t make a figure bad. However it is an extremely lazy practice. I enjoy ER Cliffjumper a lot. But to me he was stopped short of greatness because of the parts forming. To me it’s an outdated practice and stifles forms of innovation since you can just move a part somewhere else by just taking it off. It’s just as outdated as Prime’s fists being separate attachments. I’m sure hardly anyone would defend that in a modern line.

• Like Like x 4
  9. IceCreamCyborg

IceCreamCyborg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every. Single. Walmart&Target toy department restock meeting-
    "Hey everyone, very important announcement from corporate. We need to wait until Icecreamcyborg is unable to get out& restock every single thing he desires, then alert everyone but him that all the cool things are in stock and only leave what was there from 2 weeks previous. But leave behind clues that awesome stuff was here & sold out. Then when he does show up, let's watch him get agitated by it& laugh at him! We're in this together! Lawl!!!" *high five* then all the employees give a photo of me the finger!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Prime77

Prime77 Until next time…

I sympathize.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dachande

News Credits:
    My rant for the day:
    Back in May, I ordered the OK KO Dinobots from SirToys for someone that wanted them customized. I don't buy KO's, so it was kind of out of my comfort zone to do so.
    I had to contact the seller to find out where they were, because they still hadn't arrived at the end of July. Apparently my inquiry got them moving and they arrived yesterday.
    In the meantime, the person wanting the work done bailed.
    I'm okay with people bailing on customs if I didn't start them, but man, I had to order these things out of my own pocket and now I'm stuck with them.
    What really irritates me though, is that they're actually kind of...nice.
    Ugh. Maybe I'll still fix them up then dump them when the real ones are released in Earthrise (starting with Sludge, I believe).

*The work being requested was to kill the combining gimmick and make them more solid.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dachande

News Credits:
    Eh, no. I prefer cake.

• Like Like x 3
  14. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Gladly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Psst ... the cake is a lie!

• Like Like x 5
  16. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:
    I really wish that search would reveal ALL the listings so I could know for sure that something was sold out or not up for order yet, instead of assuming it's there somewhere in the mess of results and I haven't found it yet.
    It also irks me that searching "Netflix Transformers" or the like turns up the same 400 some listings that come up when I just search "Transformers"...

• Like Like x 1
  17. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t care much for the “mainstream” Ratchet colors. His head has always seemed off to me. I much prefer the comic red helmet and white crest to the cartoon white helmet and black crest. To me the black crest always seemed out of place with the rest of his color scheme.

18. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Not really a rant but sometimes shit like this REALLY grinds my gear

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    Same here.
    No...No, no, no, NOOOOOO! tenor-6.gif

20. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    My earliest experience with partsforming was Movie Voyager Ratchet. As I recall nobody ever called it lazy, but nobody went to lengths to defend it either.