The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi every copy of obakachantachi 64 is personalized

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The transition period between July and August is always slow news day for Transformers but this year it’s been more boring than usual :( 

• Like Like x 1
  2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I hate being a completionist. I feel like there's a lot of figures I could sell from certain lines, but there's others I love and would want to keep, yet wouldn't fit in any other display because of the difference in aesthetics.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I hate it too. Its litteraly the worst thing taste-wise apart from cabbage and broccoli.

• Like Like x 1
  4. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

I get that. There are some lines where I’ll buy 1-2 figures just to see how they are and to experience them, and then I feel like I have to buy the rest to have some figures for those ones to go along with. That’s how I ended up with 6 alternators. Damn you Wheeljack...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Mushrooms = death. Consistency of rubber, taste of dirt. How anybody thought, "hey, here's this fungus. We should totes eat it," needs a good swift kick in the jigglers.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

News Credits:
    I have never understood why people eat fungus.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Ugh, mushrooms are so disgusting. They're slimy and rubbery, and are just all around nasty.

• Like Like x 6
  8. pilot00

Not my palette of food choice for sure. But as an addition to certain foods they are tasty.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't forget the chance of Smurf germs.
    Icky.

Mushroom joints, on the other hand, just bother me. They're like asking for the plastic to wear down over time.

• Like Like x 9
  10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Nope. I've had mushrooms added to several foods and I can always tell. It's an immediate negative impact on the palette.

• Like Like x 4
  11. pilot00

Well it boils down to taste and the variety of mushroom. I had some once and I didint even realize. I thought it was chicken at first.

12. jru42287

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

First off, the movie fans have, at most, one whole line to themselves. G1 has, what, three, possibly four right now, if you count Cyberverse which is heavily G1-inspired? The G1 core cast has had at least 5-6 different iterations in the past five years.

Studio Series has been a saving grace for those of us that missed out on figures of certain characters during the actual movie lines, and literally no one thought it was going to exist in the first place. And yet, now there will apparently be G1-inspired figures making their way into that line too because, reasons I guess.

The MPM line is great, but no one has any idea how long it will continue. My money is no further than the first movie, if they even finish that. Meanwhile, we're on our 3rd MP G1 Starscream and Optimus, 2nd Megatron, 2nd Bumblebee, etc. Christ, the first two "MPMs" were only spiffy repaints of mainline figures.

Most movie fans don't hate G1. I, myself, own several G1 MPs. We recognize its importance, but we're tired of how it overshadows absolutely every other facet of this fandom. And we hate people like you who are spoiled and entitled as all get-out and still have the audacity to complain. We don't feel persecuted, we're just sick of your BS. Talk about ass-kissing lip service? You've had that for 35 Goddamn years.

The most disgusting part is that you, for some reason, always feel like you need to make yourselves heard, and you saunter into every movie-verse related news thread to talk about how fucking terrible the movies are and bash the fans of them. Grow the hell up, check your priviledge, ignore something when you don't like it, and let others enjoy what they like, as adults are supposed to do.

PS. Hate to burst your bubble, but the movies did save the franchise by bringing it back into the public eye. No one outside the fandom gave a flying fuck about Transformers in the years leading up to it, and had no clue what the hell the Unicron Trilogy was.

• Like Like x 17
  13. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more.

• Like Like x 7
  14. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    I have a whole shelf of movie figures, on- and off-screen designs. I don't hate them or the movies themselves, I was just saying some fans severely overstate how "bad" they have it.

I also never said G1 wasn't oversaturated, it absolutely is. In fact I would say the movies have about the perfect level of representation, MPs, a regular collector line, plus the toys for younger kids and other merchandise as we saw with Bumblebee. 3P figures in many scales to fill the gaps. What more is needed?

And again - aside from Bumblebee toys this is for a section of the franchise that no longer exists for all intents and purposes. That's pretty good if you ask me.

• Like Like x 3
  15. jru42287

News Credits:
    Well, nothing. And I don't really think any movie fans are asking for any more than that. I'm certainly not. My wallet is in shambles the way it is.

16. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Is it really fair to say the movies are dead? They've already stated to have a Bumblebee sequel script AND a Beast Wars script in the works, with a 2022 release.for one. That's about as "dead" as the time between DOTM and AoE

• Like Like x 1
  17. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    The Bayverse is done. ROTF Devastator hasn't been relevant in any way for ten years and yet he just got a new toy completed. That's more than most other sections of the fandom can say for their prospects.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Trust me, I get it, I mean look at my profile picture. The 2000's anime are my favorite and we get Jack shit other than a couple repaints. However I just didn't think saying the movie side of this franchise is dead

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

5-6 different iterations that are not true and accurate updates to the original forms. I personally love the Generations Kup that turned into a retro-styled Earth pickup, but neither that nor the Headmaster Titans Return version are truly accurate renditions.

And a "whole line" to yourselves? Wow, apparently Movie 2007, AllSpark Power, Premium, 2009 ROTF, NEST, 2010 HFTD, half of Reveal the Shield, DOTM 2011, AoE 2014, and TLK 2017 apparently never happened because full movie lines never happened before Studio Series, according to you.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware eBay stopped existing as a possible avenue for getting such figures. Or resale shops - hell, literally last Friday I walked into the local vintage toy shop and picked up Deep Desert Leader Brawl (2008), Murderbee (2011), and the Ice Cream Twins (2009).

That, and whining about how Studio Series likely will be having G1 stuff in it is a completely stupid argument. Oh no, there are differently styled figures in the packaging. That's what this amounts to - you're complaining about what toys are in what packaging. What does it even matter if the toys are in the line? Just don't buy the damn things if you don't want 'em. Its not even the first time G1 esque figures were sold in a predominantly movie line, because apparently certain releases in 2014 seem to have slipped under your radar like the infamous Strafe goof:
    [​IMG]

You think this is unique? Look at literally every single other franchise currently going that was started in the 80s. Transformers is the only one that has a significantly vocal part of the fanbase that actively hates getting more tribute to the original stuff.

Oh, that is rich. Where exactly has been the alternatives people have wanted between 2007 through 2017, then? Sure, the films put the franchise in the public eye...as a complete mockery. The plot was routinely criticized as being stupid across all the films and the lowbrow humor wasn't doing this franchise any favors either.

If nobody outside the fandom gave a flying fuck, then how exactly did the movie get originally green lit when fucking Energon was on television? When you think the 2007 movie was originally pitched? 1988?

• Like Like x 2
  20. jru42287

News Credits:
    In fairness, this is the Devastator we should've gotten in 2009.

I'ma stop you right there. The fact that you can say that in itself is ignorant of how spoiled you are. You had Classics, Universe, Generations, RtS, CW, TR, PotP, Seige, and now Earthrise. Tell me, what Era of Transformers were 90% of those largely based on?

Well, don't you fret, slugger, because I am sure you'll finally get the Kup you want in ER. Which crudely drawn animation frame would you like this one based on?

We were talking about current lines, champ. I thought that was pretty evident when I said:
    Except most of those figures are over-priced, and some are damn-near impossible to get. Go find me a HftD Fallen for less than $100.

By this logic, why can't you go and buy all the G1 figures you want on eBay?

They were packed in with movie-line figures.

That's probably because we're the only 80's-era fandom that has much more it could tribute and doesn't. G1 has been tributed to death.

Oh, I'm sorry, i wasn't aware G1 through Cybertron stopped existing when the movies came out.

Who cares if the plot was stupid (it wasn't in some of them, that's subjective). The plot in the cartoon was stupid as hell too most of the time. The movies were fun. The CGI was breathtaking. The designs were sweet and unlike anything we'd seen before then. Some fans grew up with them in the same way you grew up with G1. Now those fans have disposable income.

Speaking of rich...

Because the 2000's was the age of revisiting basically every 80's property then, maybe? G.I. Joe, the A-Team, Knight Rider, Terminator, Red Dawn, Charlie's Angels, virtually every horror franchise, Ninja Turtles...shall I go on?

Was the movie based on Energon? No, so that had fuck-all to do with it.

• Like Like x 10