The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Isn't nearly as bad as that one poster who would repeat the same digibash across 19 threads.

2. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Youtube (New):
    Must have been before my time but yea that would have put him/her on my ignore list more than likely.

3. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Just a guy who watched too much Gundam

News Credits:
    This one may seems a bit random, but I didn't like it when perfectly fine, good toys are left completely forgotten and ignored by almost the entire fan-base due to their association with their bad source materials or a bad TV show. Something like RID2015 or Mobile Suit Gundam AGE may not be great shows, but even then both shows do has some incredibly good toys on their own, only to be completely ignored by everyone, as if those good toys never existed at all.

This meme picture of mine kinda sums it up:

meme1.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  4. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Or worse, one bad toy being the mascot of the whole line even though the line is rife with great toys (Armada's Hot Shot and Sideswipe for example). Never played with RID2015 myself but Megatronus looked neat

• Like Like x 1
  5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I was completely supportive til I saw the line about Bludgeon being suitable for a CHUG shelf. It really doesn't blend in at all.

I respect people putting their toys where they want (except Kitty Rose...) but aesthetics don't magically change when you mix figures on a shelf. Neat experiment: take a JLU Booster Gold and set it next to the current line of the same size but much more realistic sculpting and appearance and see if BG musically stops sticking out like a sore thumb.

He didn't, did he? Same applies to overly cartoony TFs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Meanwhile here I am wanting to use Rid15 Strongarm and Drift for my "only the important autobots" mixed chug collection. Which I have animated Jazz for because that figure is amaaaaazing. Seriously, flip out collar for the win. (Not that I've gotten rid of my rts jazz, it's just nice to have options)

If there's anything I kinda wanna gripe about, I guess it'll be earthrise ironworks' left arm. The paint and materials make it hard to use with the ramp pieces, and getting it to clip to another left arm requires way more force than I'm comfortable exerting on plastic. I get it's there for the throwback alt modes, and that's cool, I just wish the materials could have allowed it more versatility with the gimmick. Oh well.

Quick edit: that's his left arm. The one with the a.i.r.lock clip, or whatever it's called. Not the crane arm. The crane arm is awesome.

7. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Sorry, a bit late here but have you checked this site? It’s been around for a few years, catalogs every car, every year. Very useful.
    Hot Wheels Wiki

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    I spotted this one in a shop recently, however I live in the UK.

9. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    It's all good. I just took the plunge on Ebay lol.

10. DonJuan217

DonJuan217 Member

Instagram:
    I feel that Earthrise does not have much to offer compared to Siege, I say it is not a bad line but the next figures that come at least to me do not completely convince me

but I want to know what you think about this line​

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    It's VERY 'Geewun' in a sea of Geewun (without even the half-assed gimmick of "Cybertronian" modes), and has been overshadowed by Beast Wars before hitting its own Wave 2. It definitely feels stale, or at least incredibly predictable.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

First thing that jumps out to me are the ramp bots. While it's a fun idea to have base extenders fill in the targetmaster role for this line, of the ones we've seen there's no denying Soundbarrier is a dude with a road strapped to his back. The concept art for other modulators looks promising since the arms are used as part of the ramps in those, but it's hard to get excited about a guy with a ramp on his back, and at that price point I don't see how they could have done anything more with the concept. Slitherfang is unquestionably amazing, however.

That and the whole size thing that's been talked about to death. Other than that it's pmuch the trademark renewal line for a lot of characters, and a chance for people to get characters they otherwise missed the first time. Remember, the last Grapple toy was both ten years old and extremely hard to get your hands on, the last Wheeljack and Sunstreaker were Combiner Wars repaints, and the last all of them Cliffjumpers have been a Bumblebee repaint, sometimes without even a head swap. Also, not everyone owned a classics Starscream, and the only alternatives were legends scale, legion scale, leader scale, a T30s Blitzwing repaint, weirdly proportioned, and cybertronian. I have been waiting nearly 13 years for this Starscream and I'm so happy that he exists now.

13. Beta Maximus

Beta Maximus Well-Known Member

I feel like the earthrise accessories and weapons are almost universally underwhelming, especially compared to siege. Every siege dlx had 2 weapons and they all combined somehow. It was a great play pattern. $6 ramps and wheeljacks excuse for a weapon are hard to get as excited about.

14. Revan1307

Revan1307 Well-Known Member

Its really sad and pathetic that beast wars movie and g1 fans have to separated like two year old

• Like Like x 1
  15. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I dont actually give two [email protected]@@s about it since I dont got ER Optimus or Megatron or any of the characters that will use the Centurion upgrade pack....But really? REALLY? You release characters without weapons/accessories that at this point are considered iconic and you lump up their accessories to a freaking limited release that on top of it has nothing to do with the characters in question. REALLY???????

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ...honestly the only thing I'd consider iconic in that lot is Roller, since prime does HAVE his gun, just a not as good one. I think everyone released is perfectly fine without the pack otherwise

17. pilot00

And the flail and the axe. And I am pretty sure Cliffjumper doesnt have a gun (correct me if I am wrong).
    And I am willing to take bets Bee when its gonna release it wont have one either (or be some generic).

18. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Forgot the flail.and axe, sorry.
    Cliffjumper has his massive bazooka which can split apart into multiple pieces
    That isnt even Bumblebee's gun, it's modeled after Ironhide's. Being called Bumblebee is confusing me.

19. pilot00

Its a copy of the first mp Bees gun. Ironhides is marginally different.

20. Kaynowa

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Huh. Guess they have real.similar guns. reduced-galery_image_7348_13151.jpg tumblr_inline_o8jznadoGA1t0t26s_640.jpg