The Official Rant Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Capirus, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

(Remembers that animated prowl exists)

...why don't more motorcycle tfs use that transformation scheme? No, really. Just needs some retooling to make some hinges and joints a bit more robust, tidy up some other odds and ends, could really have THE go-to bike robo. Combiner limbs being exception, I guess.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Prime Arcee should've followed it better

3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I think it's a really weird piece of doublethink when people demand updates for the most obscure, inconsequential shit and at the same time expect it to be bound to whatever it was originally.

An example I saw in another thread recently, people were saying Botcon spider Arcee should be made if we get a new Blackarachnia any time soon. Not the best example because Arcee has many other designs, but you get the point. If there's some nobody figure you want to see again, why would you want to condemn it to again just being a retool/redeco of the same character it was from before, even if the new toy doesn't look right?

Hypothetical example, if you want Shadow Striker and Roulette to come back, which they won't, why would you want them to just be from a hypothetical new Side Burn instead of a different mold that might fit better, or their own mold entirely? It just seems strange to say "let's shake it up and bring back these obscure, typically repaint characters, who were given the molds they were arbitrarily to recoup costs" and then also go "they have to perfectly, linearly follow from the original one".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I dunno man I just like the idea of keeping up the tradition, yea sure some could probably be new molds a la shadowstriker and roulette but for some I honestly don't think someone like botcon arcee could exist if it wasn't a blacaracnia retool, my brain doesn't put effort in reinventing the wheel with repaint ideas

also aw man, but I want shadow striker and routlette to exist again.

to each their own i guess

5. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I've never understood why people expect Hasbro to release BotCon redecos.

• Like Like x 3
  6. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    That's true, but for that one in particular it's more a question of why even do spider Arcee? It pretty much only existed to make a toy of the character and that was the only really feminine toy at the time. There's no character reason for her to be a spider of all animals.
    Oftentimes they reflect what Hasbro didn't even want to make at the time, so would be weird for Hasbro to homage them.

7. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I mean yea, but I do have some hope that this could maybe happen because you know, what else are you gonna use from a blackaracnia mold? someone more creative than me could probably come up with better ideas I mean I don't expect these wishful thinking ideas will be seen in a mainline but in selects which is used for characters who you know....wouldn't sell in a mainline, how come g1 nobodies get a pass but nothing else? I just sorta have the hope that guys like fractyl, apelinq, tapout, glyph and some others can get new repainted toys as a way for newer fans to get a chance to get them who...don't want to pay alot of money for a bunch of repaints/weren't around when said figures were semi reasonably priced
    besides if some jackass can think something like a titan daiatlas at major retail can exist in american retail I think maybe this is a bit more reasonable
    I mean, it's different, and what the hell do you repaint a blackaracnia into? it's a stretch/wishful thinking mind you, but that's just my reason for thinking there's a chance

8. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Personally I think a spider Soundwave might be kind of cool, he could sneak around wherever he wanted. But from Blackarachnia... might be a stretch unless it's female Soundwave.

• Like Like x 7
  9. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Its very rare when I say "Has/tak ****'d up" when it comes to release choices. "Man, that's dumb" and "Shoulda been blank" often, but not "****'d up". There is one that was reignited with my visit to a storage box... Amazon's Exclusive Punch/Counterpunch. Such a perfect mold, unlike any other used for a one-time only release is a missed opportunityso big I have to say they ****'d up for not using it more.

two examples come to my mind. Deadlock/Drift and Pointblank. You can't tell me those guys aren't perfect uses for the P/CP mold, and I can guarantee you there are plenty more uses just begging to be released...

Also, WE STILL NEED POINTBLANK AND SURESHOT, HASBRO!!! DON'T LEAVE CROSSHAIRS BY HIS LONESOME! FINISH THE TEAMS LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD FROM NOW ON!!

Alright, I'm good now... hopefully....

• Like Like x 2
  10. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Not every mold needs to have a redeco. Others can pick up any slack that needs picking up.

• Like Like x 4
  11. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Airachnid? Crystal Widow? The giant spider from TROOP part 2? Mecha-Kumonga?

Maybe remold the figure so it looks a bit bulkier and do Tarantulas?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I'd buy that!

• Like Like x 1
  13. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    TM Tarantulas actually did make a pretty good Mecha-Kumonga. Just have him face off against an appropriately-sized Godzilla.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since close to half of earthrise(it seems like) is rehashing Siege characters, they really should have went all in on alien aesthetic lile they did with starscream and soundwave. prime, megatron, prowl, and sideswipe are still very earthy

• Like Like x 4
  15. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I just kind of like the continuity. Seekers are traditionally repaints/remolds of each other, and I like that trend continuing. It falls in line with my unhealthy obsession with pre-TF decos. Would anyone seriously expect or even WANT Galactic Man to be its own mold?

• Like Like x 2
  16. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    I don't have an issue if they traditionally share molds a la Seekers, Inferno/Grapple, etc. I just meant the characters who are pretty much solely defined by being a cheap redeco of something else.

17. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I feel that.

• Like Like x 5
  18. AustinLucas

AustinLucas Banned

Let me tell you something there are a lot of Transformers G1 fans that acted like a bunch of big f****** babies after seeing bumblebee saying words like Travis night was worse than Michael Bay and saying bumblebee didn't even deserve critical Acclaim and they rather go back to the G1 robot design of Bumblebee which I actually feel the robot design from Generation 1 wouldn't work well grow the f*** up if any G1 fan didn't like the live-action movies then why go to them? Travis Knight is a G1 fan he knew is he went with the G1 design of the character bumblebee it would make the film completely different at the time it was a prequel bumblebee had the look of the live-action movies which was brought into the film Bumblebee I think if they want to bring the live action maybe design of Bumblebee in to the Transformers cartoon Universe they should because I don't think the G1 robot design of Bumblebee would be a good choice anymore because it needs updated there are some G1 people that acted like bumblebee didn't even deserve the critical acclaim let me tell you something bumblebee was actually released with positive reviews and Travis Knight was a fan there is some G1 fans that went to the film and walked out satisfied that's all I have to say. I don't give a f*** about the robot design from Generation 1 when it comes to the character Bumblebee I rather have the live-action robot design of the character Bumblebee and as for the other transformer robot characters G1 or not either or I would prefer those designs but mainly the live-action robot design for the character Bumblebee Transformers is Transformers no matter what design they are. if I were any of them I would stop crying over the robot designs and stick with them because nobody cares about that but I happen to make an exception for the character Bumblebee because I love his live-action robot design.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^^^^^ Buddy, punctuation is your friend. It literally hurt my brain reading what you wrote. I get that you are venting about an oddly specific minority group in the fandom, but nigh illegible posts don't help you get your point across.

• Like Like x 15
  20. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

So... over in the appreciation thread I praised earthrise Wheeljack's designer(s) for having the clearish windshield pieces such that they'll pop off from pressure before they snap -- and that praise is still standing, mind you -- but now I'm torn; after looking up who designed jackie, they also had a hand in designing ER Cliffjumper, and I can't know for certain if they're responsible for the backpack or not.

That being said I'm not really in the market for a Cliffjumper anyway, and he still looks great with all the detail and engineering, but it's the principle of the transforming nature that matters. Then again, the same designer had a hand in the siege/ER seeker mold, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that the backpack was someone else's call or compromise.

Speaking of sieges seekers, I've grown fine with the chest hinge after all this time. A clear piece on a non vital hinge that'll pop before it snaps deserves a freaking medal, or at least a pint on my dime.

• Like Like x 1