The Official NCAA Football 2011-2012 Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr. Grimlockisking, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't see this posted anywhere else, but I know I can't be the only college football fan here.

That said, I'm super stoked to see my beloved Huskers and how they fare in the Big 10 and all the history there (oh wait, the B1G Ten, my bad!)

My way too early picks for National Champs? Going to go with Alabama over Oregon in the title game.

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With all the shocking news that has come out lately, (MIami's troubles, LSU player brawl, Texas A&M leaving their conference...) i am surprised that this thread hasn't started sooner.

i am looking forward to the LSU v. Oregon game and i will root for the UA boys. but until we get a couple games in, i really don't know who will pull out ahead and shine.
    gonna be a hoot to see who it is this year.

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know what kind of season my Canes will have. Eight players have been suspended for the first six games.

They are playing Maryland Monday night.

4. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    Gonna be a off year for some powerhouse teams. But I will still root for my Buckeye. I think they will do decent this year and I will be glad to get past this tressel and terelle punk bitch stuff.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I would of said something, but my Trojans can't even play for a bowl game this year:( 

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe the same will happen to Miami.

7. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well we are off to a heck of the start with the upset last night with TCU. Makes me wonder how tonight's Oregon/LSU game will go?

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    TCU's season is over:lol 

Hope Oregon pulls it off tonight so the Pac 12 doesn't suck.

9. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope Illinois gets it going this year!!! Sheelhause(Sp?) looked good last year as a freshman. I think he's gonna be something special

10. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see that game. Though my favorite team is Illinois, I'm a big fan of the SEC. Their games are always fun to watch. So I'm goin' with LSU.

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice Buckeye victory. Too bad Utah State couldn't hold off Auburn, but they had a nice final couple of minutes. Other LSU/ Oregon looks good...but I haveta work and just catch the highlights.

12. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LSU will win.

LoL @ miracle Auburn.

13. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK, I'm lovin' the USF Bulls again.

14. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I enjoyed being part of history today as UTSA had its inaugural game and won very nicely

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I look at the Top 3 teams in the nation right now, which are Oklahoma, Alabama, and LSU. Then I look at their schedules. The odds of any of those teams going undeafeated is unlikely. LSU won't, Oklahoma will choke as usual, and while Alabama might pull it off, I still think it's rather unlikely.

Then I look at the new fourth ranked team Boise St. They won the biggest game of their season in their opener, against Georgia. They looked impressive, even though Georgia isn't the best SEC team. Not by a long shot. And with Boise's remaining schedule being so simple, they'll probably go undeafeated. So if those teams lose, suddenly Boise is ranked no. 1. And with that, should get a shot at the national title.

And frankly, I want that to happen. I truly believe teams like LSU, Alabama, and Oklahoma would destroy Boise in the title game. I know Boise beat Oklahoma once, but I don't see it happening again. And if they were to lose badly, we wouldn't have to hear every year about a Boise-like school that isn't in a BCS conference. I don't dislike them, but I just want this whole "Can Boise and/or TCU go against the big teams?" question to end.

16. Omegatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or maybe, just maybe, Boise would win that game, and then the NCAA would have to look into making a more balanced and fair national title system. Don't get me wrong- I don't think playing St. Mary's School for the Blind and other Mountain West teams qualifies you for a national title. But let 'em get ONE shot.

17. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I completely agree with this. I don't think Boise would win, but I'm tired of hearing how the "other" undefeated teams have beaten the big boys on the big stage. Boise over OU? Fluke game, that was the WORST Big XII championship team in the history of the conference. Utah over Pittsburgh? Same with the Big East. Utah over Alabama? Bama had JUST lost the SEC Title game and had nothing to play for after playing for the right to go to the NCAA Title game. The one I would concede was TCU over Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. It was a good game, but one Wisconsin still could have and should have won.

BTW, how pathetic does the Big XII look for blocking A&M's move to the SEC? SO glad we left the conference last year. Dan Beebe has got to be the biggest joke of a commissioner in the NCAA. When A&M does leave, I suspect Oklahoma will follow suit with the nonsense being thrown at them by Kansas, Baylor and Iowa State, because those schools would be hosed and without a home in short order. This is what happens when you let one team (cough*Texas*cough) run the conference. The Longhorn network was the last in a long line of concessions made to them by Beebe. Going to be funny watching it all crumble. I do feel bad for the old Big 8 schools that will get shafted (except for Mizzou, I expect they will end up in the Big Ten at some point, much to my chagrin) because the old SWC schools are the ones that are causing the collapse after they helped them out years ago.

And does anyone think Penn State has a chance against Bama this weekend? I'm just hoping Joe Pa can keep it within two touchdowns personally...

18. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    When I see that Penn St. was playing Alabama this weekend, I chuckled. I doubt it will be a close game, but Penn has a good record with SEC teams for some reason.

19. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was a good game between Auburn and Mississippi State. I'm not a fan of both teams, but still a good game to watch.

Toledo almost beat Ohio State, so maybe there is a chance Miami will beat them next Saturday.

20. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh Notre Dame, how you never fail to disappoint.