The Official NASCAR thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orion_Prime48, Jan 22, 2009.

1. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I wanted Jeff to get the 200th win. Not Jimmie "I look like a hippy" Johnson!

2. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I can't believe the bad luck that Gordon is having this year.

The worst race of the year last night for Jr. with a 17th place finish,but the only consolation is that toolbox Biffle didn't have a great night either so he only lost a few points.

3. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I miss the old Jeff Gordon. Winning races every few weeks. One of the best ever *sigh*

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I said the exact same thing.

5. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

NT

6. Thundercracker

Had a blast Sunday as a guest of Dewalt Tools at Darlington. Got treated to a meet and greet with Marcos Ambrose, the Dewalt pit crew, Richard Petty, and Dale Inman. Also got to attend the drivers meeting, free range to tour the garage, lined up with the Dewalt team on pit road for the National Anthem and then sat atop the pit box for the race. Somehow, I don't think I'm going to be able to top this experience as far as races go. :lol  Here's a few pics that I took, but Dewalt took all the ones with me and Ambrose/Petty etc and I'll have those later..

[​IMG]

Action in the pits...(video)
    My view from the pit box during pit stops

7. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

That would be an awesome experience.

There's nothing like actually being at a Nascar race.Watching it on TV doesn't do it justice.

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

jj won sunday may 13 race - mr hendrick is happy now

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    How did you get lucky enough to get hook up like that?

10. Thundercracker

My wife's employer (Starr Electric Company) was on Abrose's deck lid that night. One of the perks of being a sponsor is getting the grand all access tour of the garage and meet and greets with the driver(s). NASCAR really takes good care of their sponsors, after all they are what keep the bills getting paid.

One thing about it though, is now I'm spoiled!

[​IMG]

11. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

WORST ALL STAR RACE EVER!!!!!!!!!

Why do they have to change the format EVERY STINKIN' YEAR!!!!!

Whoever came up with this new format for the All Star race should be fired,and whoever approved the new format should also be fired.That had to be the stupidest idea ever.Let's break the race into four twenty lap segments and the winners of those segments are automatically lined up 1 thru 4 going into the final pit stop before the 10 lap dash.That way guys like Jimmie Johnson can easily win the first segment and then sandbag it for the rest of the race because he knows that he'll be right back up front at the end.Who the hell comes up with this crap??????

I swear,ever since Bill France Jr. took over for his dad this series is going right down the toilet.It used to be I never missed a race.Now I usually just DVR it and I can fast forward through all the boring parts......which lately is pretty much the whole race.

Man,I'm so ticked that they ruined one of the best races of the year.Go back to the way it always used to be........and LEAVE THE DAMN THING ALONE.

12. Thundercracker

Jimmie should split his winnings with Matt Kenseth because it was Matt's slow boat anchor on the final restart that held up the field and allowed Johnson to run away with it. I agree with your assessment of the format-something just isn't right about letting segment winners sit in the back and sandbag for the majority of the race...

If it were up to me, I'd move the race to Martinsville Speedway. After all, NASCAR sells the All Star Race as a "no hold's barred fight for a million bucks". Saturday night was a pillow fight. A short track like Martinsville would provide the action that an All Star event warrants. Another thing I would change is make it to where the winner takes home 90% of the purse money. Let's face it, a million bucks isn't all that much money anymore in NASCAR. When Earnhardt took his Wrangler Chevy through the grass in '87 he was racing his ass off for 200K which in those days was about what a sponsor paid to cover the entire car for the year. Now, 200K pays for maybe a contingency decal on the side of the car the size of bumper sticker. You put these boys on a short track and give the winner the lions share of the $$$, you'll see some racing.

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

matt k work rfr and jj work for hms

14. Jetbolt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    To be honest, $1 million is nothing to the drivers these days. I would make it $5 million and have a 20 lap final part. Instead of five parts, I would do three and have a ten minute require pit stop before the final 20 lap part. I would have the first part being 40 laps, the second part as 30 laps, and as mention the final part 20. To prevent drivers riding around, the final three in each first two parts would be cut from the following part.

15. Thundercracker

Yeah I know, but judging by the fact that Kenseth's slow restart backed up the rest of the field and allowed Johnson to check out you would think they were working together (I know they weren't, I'm just pissed that Kenseth screwed up the race).

16. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow.... Gordon has no luck :( 

17. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

Jj won today race and he wear clown wig

18. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

B-O-R-I-N-G.............

I know I sound like a broken record,but this year has got to be the most boring season of NASCAR racing that I can ever remember.Judging by the TV ratings and the number of empty seats at every track I'm not the only one that thinks this.

I will say that it was another strong run for Jr. with a fourth place finish,moving him up to third in the points.One of these days it's gonna be his turn in victory lane.

19. Jetbolt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Kurt Busch has been park by Nascar until June 13th for threatening a member of the media following the Dover Nationwide race. No word on who will drive the #51 car this week.

20. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Boy,has his career gone down the toilet.