The Official NASCAR thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orion_Prime48, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

And I was looking forward to JJ having to use his champion's provisional. :( 

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was surprised by this as well, not that is matters anyways he will get enough W's to make the chase if he's not in the top 10 by then.

Kahne is not far from having to qualify on time. Talk about bad luck, Geez!

Man, another suck-tastic year from B. Labonte I swear that equipment they get from MWR is leftover shit. Won't be long before they are struggling to stay in the top 35. The 78 seems to be doing fine and they are a single car team, I'm tired of JTG excuses.

3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    ughh. I wanted to see Jimmie suffer... and see Chad get suspended yet again.

4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to seeing Jimmie Johnson have to work harder to make the chase and hopefully lose. I'm disappointed that they cut him a break.

5. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I always knew that David Reutimann was a moron,but come on man.......

He cost us a great finish between Gordon and Johnson.

...and then Clint Bowyer proved that he's not the smartest driver either.

Another strong run for Jr.,up to second in the points.I sense a win coming soon.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

^This

and ^This. Talk about preferential treatment. I was happy to see JJ in the wreck today. Happy to see two of my favorite racers, JR and Smoke, finished strong today. WooHoo.

7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jr.'s looking pretty good this year thus far

8. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    ^ yep....#2 in points and 4 off from Biffle. All Jr needs is a couple of wins now.

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

hendrick all most got heartache

10. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    gahhhh!! Bowyer and Newman! What was that? Yet another win taken away from Gordon cause of a caution that shouldn't have happened..... :( 

11. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Gordon had such a strong car that he probably would have won it if he just taken tires. I blame Jimmie Johnson for running out there on old tires and then trying to hold off the field in turn one. Bowyer did what you're supposed to do at Martinsville. He got under Gordon in the corner. If Jimmie doesn't come down and turn it into a steel and rubber sandwich then Bowyer gets by the two of them and would have won it clean.

Of course if Rooty's car doesn't completely die at that point, JJ wins so either way, Gordon doesn't get the win. At most, he loses 15 points.

12. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Gordon and Johnson were in no-man's land when that moron Reutimann brought out the caution.If they pit,you know some guys are going to stay out,and if they stay out,everyone else is going to pit.It was a no win situation for them.

As far as Bowyer doing what you're supposed to do at Martinsville....since when is driving like an idiot and forcing your way into a three-wide situation going into the turn the right thing to do? Gordon and Johnson were already side by side,and then Bowyer decided to stick his nose in there,so he got exactly what he deserved.I understand that he's trying to win,but he would've been better off trying to pick them off one at a time since I think he had two new tires and it was pretty obvious that Gordon and Johnson were sitting ducks.

Gordon was the one that really got screwed by that moron Reutimann because he all but had that race won.He was on his way past Johnson when the caution came out and his car was much faster than Johnson's at the end.

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

there be 2 nd race at martiville va on oct 28

14. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

My wife scored me an awesome experience at the race in Darlington in a few weeks- I'm going to be the guest of Dewalt Tools, which means pit passes, getting to sit with the drivers at the drivers meeting, picture taken with the Dewalt Tools (Marcos Ambrose) team/car, and last but not least sitting atop the pit box to watch the race with the crew chief during the race. Needless to say, I'm stoked!

Also, went to "The Rock" (Rockingham Speedway) last week for the Camping World Truck series. All I can say is it's a damn shame the Sprint Cup still doesn't race at that track because The Rock is one bad ass race track- those guys were hauling ass and racing hard at that place. Great time indeed, and I'll be back again next year.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Taking Rockingham off the schedule was a huge mistake on Nascar's part.Let's take away a great racetrack and we'll give that race to another cookie-cutter 1.5 mile racetrack.Boring..................

Even this past weekend at Texas was a real snoozefest.I don't know exactly when Nascar became so boring for the most part.It was never like that when you had Earnhardt,Waltrip,Wallace,Elliott,etc. out on the track.Man,what I wouldn't give to have racing back like those days.

16. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought tickets to Dover today so I can't wait until June.
    Jr. needs to learn how to drive and not wreck cars when they pull in front of him.

17. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

kasey kane won 1st race at dover

18. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anybody know when the Summer race at Dover is? I can never remember...

19. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Another solid top ten finish for Jr.Too bad that piece of crap Biffle and Kenseth finished ahead of him.

I only saw the beginning and the end of the race,but apparently it looked like I didn't miss too much.

20. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What? Kahne first win was at Richmond.

June 3rd

I so sick of the Jr. coverage there are 42 other drivers that race too. He's got a hot head this year as well wrecking cars that pull in front of him.