The Official NASCAR thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orion_Prime48, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Just got back from Daytona, and man what a loooooong and soggy weekend. Despite that, had a great time at the races. With that said, I know this for certain: Greg Biffle lacks the heart of a racer and is a company man all the way. You have Earnhardt Jr (who had a rocket for a race car all night) pushing you for all you're worth and you don't even stick a nose out and TRY to win the SUPER BOWL of NASCAR? You Mr. Biffle can go suck an egg and I'm glad Earnhardt Jr passed your company man rear end at the line to take 2nd. I swear Ford has a driver collection about as exciting as a SPAM sandwich. Sorry for venting but after sitting in about 36 hours worth of delays the last anyone wanted to see is a guy like Biffle staying in line with Mr Exciting as Toast Matt Kenseth and NOT going for the win when given the chance...

2. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That fire was insane. Because of it, I couldn't finish watching the race. It was 11 here and I had school in the morning

3. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I would guess that Biffle was probably told to hold his position behind Kenseth so that Earnhardt Jr. basically didn't have any chance of winning.It seems pretty obvious that if Biffle pulls out he's going to easily pass Kenseth with Jr. pushing him,which then leaves Jr. with a very good chance to pass Biffle one on one.But if Biffle stays where he is,Jr. has no way of getting to the front because the two Roush cars are going to stick together.

So basically like you said,Biffle probably just said "Yes sir Mr. Roush sir.I will do whatever you tell me to do sir." Then after the race they talked to Biffle and he comes up with this bullshit story about how he wanted Jr. to drop back a little bit so that they could get a run on Kenseth.Since when do two cars need a run to pass a single car? We all know you don't have any balls Greg,you don't have to make up a story to try and cover it up.Glad I'm not a Biffle fan.

4. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Yeah,I think I turned the TV off at 12:30 and then got up for work at 3:45.There was no way I wasn't going to stay up to watch the end of it,especially with Jr. in contention.

5. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I wanted to stay up and watch the end of it, but I had school in the morning. Was anyone else flabbergasted by that fire at first. I think I left the room for like two to five minutes and the first thing I see on television is a truck on fire. I'm glad Kenseth won only because I'm a fan of the Roush Fenway Racing team. Biffle did good as well and as far as I saw, he didn't leave the top 12 all night. I wish that Edwards would've done better though.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    All you people that had school. I did too! But I finished it. Wasn't worth it...

7. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    I guess you could say the odds to that are a million
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    to juan YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH - YouTube

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

jpm crash into dryer truck

9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

How many race cars does it take to blow up a truck?
    Just Juan!

10. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I don't think Jimmie Johnson's season could've started off any worse.A crash on lap two and a finish of 42nd,and now he gets docked 25 points and Chad Knaus is suspended for the next six races for the alterations to his car.

11. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Knaus is a multiple offender. The punishment fits the crime.

12. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ahahahaha. They deserve the penalty.

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like another long year of cheering for a driver that will not finish better than 14th.

:( 

14. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I find it hilarious that after one race Johnson has -23 points.That's got to be a first that a driver has negative points.

15. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i hear roger p switch from dogde to ford

16. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

That just leaves Robby Gordon. They spent a lot of money to develop and test the 2013 car. I imagine they'll go after a couple of teams that want to be the top dog for a manufacturer. If I had to wager, I'd guess they'll pursue Waltrip and BK Racing.

17. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    There about all that's left for Dodge to try for...speaking of, the Fords were wicked fast at Daytona. Interested to see how it plays out at Phoenix this week.

18. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I remeber when Phoenix was a fun race to watch.....then they had to go and repave it.

19. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Bristol sure has lost a lot of it's magic.It has now become just another ho-hum race,and judging from the number of empty seats there today,I'm not the only one that thinks the same way.

20. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

So after Hendrick's second appeal,NASCAR overturns the penalty against Jimmie Johnson and gives him the 25 points back from his Daytona infraction.Chad Knaus is also re-instated.Kinda surprised by that decision because they usually don't overturn anything.