The Official NASCAR thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Orion_Prime48, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will send you a friend invite my PSN is Trailbreaker77.

Glad to see Mark Martin back in victory lane 3 times this year, I still feel Jimmy is the one to beat this year. I'll be surprised if he does not get his fourth this year.

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    this this omfg this! :D 

3. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Lady Luck Smiled On Me Today

Not too long of a story, but here goes..Some of you may know that I'm sorta big into building NASCAR models. In order to stay up on the latest tricks of the trade, I joined a modelers forum where you can post pictures of your projects, get tips etc etc...Anyway, there is a section of the forum where you can buy and sell stuff on there and there is an ad up where this guy is unloading a ton of old NASCAR posters. I have a look and noticed that he's got a poster of Dale Earnhardt Sr posing in front of his Lumina at Daytona (boy I wish it was his Aerocoupe Monte Carlo SS, but I digress). I had this same poster up on my wall back when I was a teenager, and don't know what ever happened to it. I always really liked it, so I said what the heck, for 10 bucks I'll take it....One thing about this poster though, it had Dale's signature on it. Now I haven't seen my old one in around 15 years, but I didn't remember mine ever having Dale's signature printed on it. So I email the guy and ask him "Did Dale sign this poster, or was it printed up that way?" Surely the guy wouldn't be selling a hand signed Earnhardt poster for 10 bucks (check out what authentic E. Sr stuff goes for on ebay sometime)....He replies back, "nope, it was printed on there like that"....Thats cool I got an old poster I really liked back for just ten dollars...Well, it came in the mail today and much to my surprise THIS IS A HAND FRIGGEN SIGNED DALE EARNHARDT POSTER!!!! Now, I'm a pretty big Earnhardt nut, so this made my day! I sent the guy a PM and told him that this is a real signed Earnhardt poster, not sure if he believed me or not, but he was fine with it and wouldn't take anything more for it..Off to the frame shop she goes now, this thing will look nice in my office next to my other vintage driver autographs...

[​IMG]

4. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    poor TF car if only it was driven by a skilled driver. its a real shame to see it all banged up

5. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know...should've had it on Jimmie Johnson's car (he actually drives a Chevy). :) 

6. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    Shaba

you are awesome :D 

7. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanx :D 

...and now the 18 is done...way to go Kyle. :banghead:  :mad 

8. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    yea its a damn shame he couldnt even finish. figures the first we get a car with TF on it, it doesnt finish the race

but nonetheless congrats to Kahne

9. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW, Kahne did not see that coming I picked Stewart for the race so I still have a good points day. Ambrose spun out Bobby when he was coming out of the pits that JERK!

10. Thundercracker

Frustrating race...88 runs a clean race, makes his way up from 30 something place up to 8th or 9th only to have Carl Edwards bounce his teammate, (again) into the 88 in the waning laps and Jr finishes 20 something place...On the bright side, again we've seen the 88 get better as the day went along-something that NEVER happened when Eury Jr was on the pit box. At this point, I hope he can continue to get better as the season goes on and have something to build on next season.

11. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Nice find on the poster, Thundercracker!

Off topic Thundercracker, but what are the NASCAR modelers using for the COT? As I understand it, no one has released a COT kit yet.

12. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    ^ as in model kits? I trully havnt seen a Nascar model kit since 05 id love to get a COT one and make a custom Jimmie Johnson Alt :) 

13. Thundercracker

I think there's a few resin kits out there for the COT that fans are making on their own, but nothing official...Revell annonced not to long ago that they are out of the NASCAR modeling business due to the high costs of licensing so one of the major producers is pretty much out of the game now. I know that a lot of guys are taking the die casts that they can find cheap, striping them down and making their own cars that way....Lucky for me, I only build the old stuff (1970's-1980's).

14. Thundercracker

[​IMG]

Busch makes a lot of moves that in my opinion, work because they guy(s) he doing them against let off the throttle and use better judgement. The above was a result of someone not lifting when Kyle tried to use the side of his car to stop the run that Stewart had on him. Busch is lucky he didn't hurt himself as well as the other drivers out there with his boneheaded "block" attempt.

15. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

chase races begin on abc [right after nascar races on espn]

16. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    :bay 

and thats so true hes definitely learning the meaning of "Karmas a bitch"

17. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    David Ragan & Casey Mears are killing my fantasy team this year.

18. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    well thats what you get for choosing Mears he never runs well. :p 

and Ragan I dont think its his fault Roush isnt doing that well this year at all

19. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Damn Mark Martin i hate he fell off but i am torn fomr him and Kasey Kahne. Man this sucks cant like Kensth fall out already or bush for that matter. I missed the Daytona Race but it is all good!!!

20. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well the rest of my year is shot. Bobby Labonte lost his ride due to money and will end his streak of races. Maybe if Roush/Yates could be a car that would be competitive he could finish up front.