The Official Metal Gear Solid thread of Spoilers Galore - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by McBradders, Jun 9, 2008.

1. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Dude, the OP has detailed instructions on how to do a goddamn spoiler. First and only warning. I've hidden your text for you, again, first and only time.

I'm very serious about banning people from the thread for doing shit like this, so don't do it.

2. McBradders

Now my rage has subsided...

..holy shit the intro is 3 kinds of bonkers.

SpoilerHello David Hayter! I said WHAT?!

Also, if this comes to the 360 I'll ban Smang from the boards for a week ;) 

3. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, it's worth it just for your reaction Twisty XD Also, I don't get the big deal with posting spoilers in a spoiler thread. If you come into a spoiler thread, marked with the words spoiler everywhere. You should expect to be spoiled, if you're playing the game and don't want to be spoiled you shouldn't be here. It's really that plain and simple, though hey, no skin off my teeth.

P.S.: You Rage, You Lose.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Slight Spoiler about the INTRO

The funny thing is, I didn't get the Hayter in my intro, but I saw it in the intro at the store, so I think it's random.

But what do you mean, if it comes to 360? Were they talking about it int he Hayter interview?

Yes, but this isn't a movie, so we are all playing it at a different pace, so a little warning helps, since someone might be close to beating it now while someone else is halfway through.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  5. McBradders

It's a thread to discuss the game. The Spoiler part is just a terrible consequence of the very nature of discussing the game.

You're free to post spoilers all you want, really, just make sure you colour them silver. That's all I ask.

And yeah, you could see my reaction coming a mile off :lol 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In a GhostBusters (Egon look).... I don't know how to make silver letters, :( 

Nevermind, I just saw your instructions

Warning Spoilers Ahead Raiden kissed Snake on the Mouth.

7. McBradders

:lol 

*Flips out and kills a town*

8. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess i'd be more concerned with spoilers, if I actually owned a PS3 or had any intention of buying a PS3. How i've experienced the entire game i'll leave up to your imagination. All i've got to say, as a 400-600 dollar movie/play it's pretty damn epic.

Is the following below acceptable, as far as how to hide spoilers?
    MGS4 is very possible on 3 Dual layered DVD9s, with good compression. However, I think that Kojima seems to think that his vision requires seamless transition, which is still not possible even with BluRay. In fact, MGS4 isn't really a movie and more like a play with 5 acts and 5 intermissions.

Does anyone want me to post more spoilers? I will, if they'd like me to. If not, i'll be off on my way XD

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Over Compression = Caca

10. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It worked for Resident Evil 2 when it was ported to Nintendo 64

The real reason why Kojima isn't going to put MGS4 on 360, unless they fail to make money on the PS3 is because he has a a hard-on for the real-time cinematics and going seemlessly from cutscenes to in-game play. 360 would likely require some loading time between gameplay and the cutscenes

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it did, but we are still talking about a different level of compression. It's not just still backgrounds that need to be compressed down in quality to fit in a cartridge.

I don't think MGS4 can't be done on 360, I am just glad that I am playing it on a disc that doesn't require as much compression, and that I don't have to swap discs... now installing...yeah, but at least I don't have to lift my ass from the seat.

Hehe, I dont think that needs to be spoilered bro, but cool. I have to say Damn Straight to that. Love or hate the long ass cinematics in MGS, it's really nice to see a smooth transition between game and story, same models, same background.

12. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest, I don't think Kojima compressed any of the game XD

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahaha, what a jerk Kojima is.

14. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't really blame him though, it's kinda hard to fill 50 gigs XD

15. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Man I'm slightly dissapointed in this game. All the load screens and the random crappy textures and rough/blocky objects are just very glaring to me.

Still having a lot of fun and loving what I've been playing but it doesn't have that "wow" factor/polish the way MGS2 and 3 did for me.

Edit: Intro Spolier - Press X during the intro to flip through the different channels

16. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

what? i hate you. but i love this game. it rules so hard i want to have sex with the little hole in the disc.

but please, no spoliers, or rather mark them in silver. i can still participate in this thread without discussing the plot.

also my earpiece sounds good to me, tested it with my mobile and it sounded ok.

also WTF is up with those crazy adverts? just saw the cooking programme one :lol 

17. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man this game is kicking my ass. Not used to the 1st person aiming at all. But I'm about 4 hours in and got to the part after you and the rat patrol get in a gun-fight and escape to the bottom of the building.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I didn't know anything about Kojima's style and approach to games, I might feel the same, but the man has never been about normal mapping the hell outta everything (gears of war) or making things look photo realistic. Quite the contrary, he gives the game a look, and whenever you see a game designed by his team you know what it is. No one will ever mistake Sam Fisher for snake, even if they looked exactly the same, because anyone can photograph or copy a texture, but only a select few can actualy stylize an entire game world with the same look and feel.

Snake doesn't look real, though he has some amazing facial features. He just fits into the color scheme and style of the world.... The best exaggerated example of this are the Jak and Daxter games. Everything looks like it fits.

This game has wowed me more than a lot I have seen this Gen. And it's not because of any one thing, it's because the entire experience just surrounds you. I even find myself sitting back and watching these guys kill eachother and watch their little battle play out.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Smang, what do you mean? Did you get the headset working in Single Player, for the codec? I registered my blue tooth, turned it on in the PS3 menu, but it doesn't let me select anything in the options.

20. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

no, i meant as in it doesn't appear to be a dud (i have the mgs headset, see)

and i agree, i think the graphics for this game are incredible. some of the effects are amazing.