The Official LOCKDOWN appreciation & analysis thread *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RogueRunner, Jun 29, 2014.

1. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

**SPOILER ALERT! If you have not seen the movie yet, then I suggest clicking the back button and not scrolling down any further! **

Well guys, what were your thoughts of Lockdown? Likes, dislikes? Did he live up to the hype, or your expectations?

Personally, I thought he was the best villain we have seen over the 4 films. He was a thing of beauty--His armor, his design, his Lamborghini Aventador alt-mode was gorgeous. His ship was definitely ominous and mysterious.

I have to say I was a little disappointed when he first appeared in the Ratchet scene working with Attinger and Cemetery Wind. I was hoping he would not have a human alliance but I supposed it worked for the overall big picture. I would have liked him better as a huge unknown wild-card, competing for Optimus against Attinger and Cemetery Wind. But in the end we saw him use the humans as pawns, with the bigger picture in mind.

His dialogue and exchanges with Optimus were great, especially in the highway scene, as well as when he takes him captive on the ship and eludes to how it belong to the Knights of Cybertron and how he commandeered it.

I thought Mark Ryan did a pretty decent job with the voice acting. At times his voice was absolutely chilling, and at other times wasn't as menacing as I thought it was going to be. But, overall, I was satisfied with it.

He was an absolute beast in combat. His hand to hand combat was impressive for the most part, especially in his showdown with Optimus towards the end-- his slow motion drop from his ship--shooting part of the building to break his jump--and falling thru the explosion was one of my favorite moments in the film, he just oozed with villainy badassness in this scene. Also, the entire highway scene in Chicago when he emerged through the smoke in front of his ship and paced in slow motion towards Optimus--what a scene.

Of course I was disappointed with his end, falling victim to the Optimus-face-fetish-death, but it took Bumblebee coming to an injured Optimus' rescue, pesky humans shooting at him, and then Optimus pulling a ROTF Megatron and finishing Lockdown from behind..when the audience clapped in excitement I just shook my head in anger lol.

Overall, I think he was the villain we finally deserved. He lived up to the hype, IMO, and stole every scene he was in. I hope in the 5th film, his role is reprised in some sort of flashback scenes leading to the build up of being sent to earth by the "Creators" and how he ended up forming an alliance with Attinger.

What did you guys think?!

2. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    What do I think?
    [​IMG]

I think he's quite fab.

3. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

There is already a Lockdown appreciation thread. This one.

4. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

Yes, about Lockdown's ass lol

5. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

We're appreciating his taste in plunder and self-modification.

6. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I loved how many weapons he seemed to be packing. Very happy to see the built in weapons thing wasn't gone.

Also happy to see it took teamwork to bring him down.

7. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best Transformers Live-Action Film villain to date.

8. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    I'll have to agree.

9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Best villain since Sentinel. Yeah, was mad/sad that Lockdown bought the farm at the end (even if it took the combined effort of Prime's literal backstabbing, Bumblebee tagging himself in, and the humans plinking at him).

10. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    When he screamed ''WHO'S ON MY SHIP!?'' and slammed down on the chair I laughed because he didn't sound intimidating at all in that scene, he sounded like a cheesy 80's cartoon villain. He was awesome most of the time though. His trailer voice wasn't even his real voice and I definitely prefer his less deep movie voice.

11. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Kinda wished he looked a little more like Lockdown-a little more haphazard and asymmetrical, and less perfection-but it's still an amazing design. His face allowed for a lot of subtleties to be portrayed, like his little scoff on the highway. I loved that, just cause it was so cocky and almost human of him. Overall, my favorite villain of the movies.

Also his booty #lockdowndidnttwerk

12. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was funny

Lockdown was a good villain in this movie

13. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I love movie Lockdown! Not only was he badass, but those metallic buns

Seriously though, best movie villain. Even the way he died was cool. Kind of a shame they didn't keep him around for TF5

Somewhat related, I also see a lot of potential for Galvatron

14. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    The attack from behind seems to be Lockdown's favorite technique, he used that strategy several times in the movie. That is the main reason he got the best of Optimus at the end.

15. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

How the hell did Attinger contact Lockdown to arrange their deal in the first place??

I mean really, there's no way Attinger pulled strings to know the guy existed. So did Lockdown contact him??

16. King Kaiser

King Kaiser BEARS!!!!

Chat Roulette

17. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    "You see my face you die!"

18. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    And Ratchet :( 

But seriously, His entrance in China blowing up the pillars and riding them down was so badass.

19. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I think he is both that and the best Transformers Live-Action character to date.

20. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

For a ruthless bounty hunter with no morals he at least kept his promise to Attinger by giving him the seed so there's some honor to him.