The Official 'I Loved AoE' Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kraken, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

It was definitely my favorite out of the 4. Hound and the Dinos stole the show for me. Bring on part 5!

2. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

This!

3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I saw AoE three times on release weekend, once in IMAX. I think its a textbook sample of "stupidly awesome." :D 

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And "over the top". I have always loved things that were over the top and how much more over the top does it get than having an alien transforming truck riding on an alien robot dinosaur? Or the crazy shit that goes on in Lockdown's ship? It's all crazy, but it's glorious.

5. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

It was better than ROTF, they could have trimmed a bit from the ruining time, but it was more enjoyable (maybe no Shia or I knew who was fighting)

6. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    +1
    Just got back from seeing it and while their appearance was brief they were so massive and impressive I wanted every scene with them in it. Can't wait for the SDCC figure set.

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Finally get to post in one of these threads myself.

Seen it, loved it. Eldest daughter loved it, wife thoroughly enjoyed it. Didn't feel too long to any of us. Everything made sense, the characters were brilliant, nothing felt un-necessary (except maybe the 'The Central government will help us!' 'Send Aircraft!' bits, but I can totally understand why they were there) none of the humans were annoying, Shane was just a bit of a prat and I thought Darcy and Li's characters could probably have been melded. But those are just minor nit picks. Overall I sat there for nigh on 3 hours with a daft grin on my face, my daughter's just stolen HA Bumblebee, and the wife wants to know when I'm getting Hound!

Oh and we got home just in time to cath the last 1/2 hour of ROTF on C4 which the wife actually asked to watch, even though she only saw it the other night.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  8. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Seen it twice now, love it. Will see it another time soon.

9. JoshimusPrime20

JoshimusPrime20 Autobot

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed this one, a lot better than the first 3 to be honest. My favourite moments were the Autobots uniting and Dinobots raging through China :D 

10. DHull47

DHull47 Hoping I dont get spoiled

Just back from seeing it for the first time since it was released here today and I absolutely loved it and I can't wait to see it again! :D  I don't get the hate that it gets. I think it was a great movie and it has set up some great potential and excitement for Transformers 5! :D  I will be seeing this movie many more times in the cinema for sure! :D 

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Well-Known Member

The best since TF1! The crap that ROTF and DOTM are full of is gone and some questions that TF1 left us with are finally touched upon (why Allspark Mutations aren't true Transformers and who created the Allspark).

12. Primal007

Primal007 Member

Ebay:
    Not long back from seeing it and I really enjoyed it. Action was great. Having mark wahlberg was a great human character, which we sorely missed in the last three. Optimus stole the show! I really felt for the guy even more so he finds out about poor ratchet. I have to say I was not expecting that Scene to be so brutal. Hound, crosshairs, drift and bumblebee all had great moments. Enjoyed hearing frank walker!! Dinobots were great if under used,but hopefully they will get more screen time and some line in the next one :) . Lockdown was the damage! I really enjoyed bumblebee as the rebellious teenager after not really caring for him in the last three films. All in all it felt tighter "transformers" film minus the long run time...

13. Mudflap2011

Mudflap2011 Soldier

This movie just changed everything in a great way. We got to see Prime at an all time low and his huge distaste for Humanity I just love that side of Prime more. The fact that he would kill Humans without hesitation is what I love because I was starting to get tired of the same old drone "We must protect the Humans at all costs!" Prime. And then seeing him gradually starting to grow fond of his new Human allies (Cade, Tessa and Shane obviously). This movie just nailed Prime in so many ways.

Also I loved his reaction to seeing Cade's feed of them melting down Ratchet's head, I could see his heart (or shall I say Spark) shatter seeing his long time friend being in such a state. He was really ready to kill Humans after that. I just love AOE Optimus!!!

Only slightly bad thing I have to say was that it could of cut out a few of the Human cast scenes as some I felt were unnecessary. But all in all, great movie, best out of the four!

14. L0ckdown

L0ckdown Member

I loved it.
    The human characters didn't feel like filler to make the movie longer, I was actually interested in them.
    The Autobot's were great and added depth to their personalities, Hound was not what I was expecting in a good way.
    Lockdown felt like a threat, and every seen he was in you knew he wasn't to be messed with, right until his demise.
    It's my fave of the four.

15. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

Seeing how I'm not on the "it sucked" side, I guess I'm here. I knew that either it was going to be disappointing or not disappointing (there's a difference between that and a good movie).

16. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Just saw it for a second time and what a difference seeing it more than once makes.

I went from liking it to loving it. A lot.

I especially enjoyed OP's badass side a lot more too.

Can't wait to see it for a third time.

17. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    Fiona & Myself really enjoyed it too.

Pros:

1)the action was great as always
    2)Attinger & Lockdown were a GREAT villainy squad. Grammer put out great menace as Attinger
    3)Crosshairs, Drift & Hound were all great IMO. Hound especially
    4)Stanley Tucci was a f*ckin riot in this....man he made me LOL several times
    5)it felt very fresh to me without Shia & Co. Cade and his peeps didn't annoy me at all
    6)The Dinos could have been in it more but I still enjoyed them.

Cons:

1)Galvatron......meh. But Im sure he will be back.
    2)No explanation of where Sam, Sideswipe, Dino, Roadbuster or Topspin are. and that's my biggest gripe with Bays TF movies. Not a peep about Skids, Mudflap & Jolt in DOTM......not a peep about the above 5 in AOE.

18. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I saw the movie in IMAX 3D at ODEON Cinema, Liverpool one! You can't beat a good first sit through. I absolutely loved it! ;3

Spoilers hidden for those that haven't seen it

We saw a lot more of
    Rusty OP than i'd anticipated! They way Cade and TJ meet Optimus was fantastic! Optimus seems to be on his last legs, afraid of humans and in pain. Then he smacks TJ on the head with a giant gun
    :D  Then the side of his face falls off :(  A lot have people have been saying that Prime's new face sculpt shows a lot more emotion that the previous one in the first trilogy. I have to disagree. ILM did a fantastic job in making him look scared and sad. It especially shows when
    he is hiding underneath the floorboards
    of Cade's barn and Optimus hears Tessa screaming for her life!!!

I never expected TJ's death at the hands of a seed :O

Stanley Tucci was funny as fook! :lol 

Ratchet's scene was awful,
    Lockdown tearing out his spark because Ratchet said he'd "never" give him the location of Optimus
    :(  Bastards the lot 'em, then when
    Optimus saw Ratchet's head being smelted for Transformium, "THEY SLAUGHTERED RATCHET" *tears lamp post out of concrete and goes on a rampage through KSI*
    . Got me excited that he was gonna kill everyone but he didn't :3

I find that the Dinobots, IMO, had sufficient enough time for their first time on the big screen!
    I had to keep laughing at Slag as he always seemed to be the first one to get caught in Lockdown's magnet sucky thing
    LOL. Stinger? Well yeah he's a "cheap knock off" So I didn't care for him.

Galvatron, well
    He's Megatron
    as Brains said! :D  Optimus got pissed at that in the train yard :O It was nice to have a presence of G1 Megatron in there,
    'playing' KSI from the very beginning

Lockdown's ship is like the travel pack version of Cybertron, it's interior reminded me of Cybertron from the opening of DOTM.....!!!!!

hope some 'bots like Sideswipe show up again in TF5 :(  Ratchet for a new body :(  NO new characters

I must say that I find it a piss take for Bay/Writers to write characters out because GM don't sell that specific vehicle anymore :mad 

19. OmNom

OmNom That's the monster's name

Win win win win win.

AOE was amazing, I loved it, my girlfriend loved it! I need to see it again, and probably again after that.

20. Soundwave14

Soundwave14 Member

I have given it 2 viewings now one in digital 3d and today in Imax 3d.. Have to say I loved it even better the second time. The first time I came out I remember thinking meh but as the night went on and I kept thinking how much I actually really liked it.

I do that with films I am passionate about. The first viewing I seem to get so hyped up I don't really think about what has happened until a couple of hours after coming out the cinema. The same thing happened with The Dark Knight Rises (Batman is on the same level of interest as Transformers is)

Anyway I am going off topic so all I can say is.............. I FREAKING LOVED AOE.

Give me more Lockdown... Oh hang on that won't happen now :( 

Not having Sam in the movie I think did the world of good. I was never a Sam fan throughout the first 3. Loved Marky Mark in it. Liked Tessa and Shane better second time around.

Loved Seeing Prime and Bee scan and change that was cool.

Soundtrack was really good. Just been listening to some of it now. I love Best Thing That Ever Happened. And I love Battle Cry so much I cannot stop listening to it.

In the end though I cannot decide if I love it more than DOtM right now. Man this needs a 3rd viewing.